? 08/10 Kitten AMPS/61 +5/95 +8/63 +9/59 general question for all!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Aug 10, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Last post. Kitten cleared her bounce last night and is surfing today. :D Gave kitten some LC at +8 & +9 to help her surf. Hoping she stays in these lovely greens.

08/09 AMPS/338 +5/290 +8/283 PMPS/236 +3/299 +9/74

What do you do with all your extra strip containers? I hate waste and love to reuse and boy have I accumulated a lot of the little strip bottles! I’ve been using some for seeds, but just curious what other people do... I hate to have to throw them out.

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I have searched the forum and obviously am not typing in a correct search word:rolleyes: There has been discussion about what to do with empty test strip bottles before. I'm not sure if it was this forum or in the main forum somewhere. Some peeps mentioned some creative ideas but, I can't recall what they were. I just threw mine away:p they smelled funny to me;)

Butters & Lyla and KittenTheCat like this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I used to save them...thought they 'might come in useful' for something...but alas, the way we go thru strips around here, the collection of 'might be useful' was getting too big, too fast. DH uses a few here and there for tiny things like SD cards, etc. I have a couple in the junk drawer...otherwise they get tossed...I just don't want to be that person who has a thousand containers hoarded up for 'might be'...the strips I get from OneDrop have the cutest little round containers too! Wish I were that creative person who could think of something ingenious to do with them...make a table? or something? :facepalm:

KittenTheCat and Butters & Lyla like this.
  4. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about wanting to do something with them. I cringe every time I toss one. I've used a couple to hold coins, another to hold vitamins/pills etc. If you are into making your own hand creams, they'd probably be good for that, too. :)

KittenTheCat and Sue and Luci like this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I put the used lancers in them and threw out. Other wise lancers poked holes in the trash bag.

KittenTheCat likes this.
  6. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thanks everyone! They do accumulate fast, the jar I use to collect them is overflowing :confused: and there’s plenty more bottles to come! For now I’ll stick to the seeds and those random odds/ends. I will have a TON of sunflower seeds to come so maybe that will use up my current stash... here’s a pic of just a few of the 36 sunflowers I have on the go! But come winter bring on the cringing when they hit the garbage!
    D489B5BA-B82F-432E-8922-8CB57D7B6848.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Thank you for the suggestion! I knew a human diabetic who would do that when out and about, but at home I have a sharps bin I use; they’re free at pharmacies in Ontario (not sure about the states).

8. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

The rest of Kitten’s day was a bounce. Actually a bit surprised her surf didn’t last longer. I fed her LC at +8 & +9 and her +10 was 112 and from there on an upward trend. Maybe she dipped lower last night and it caused this bounce?

PMPS/212 +2/286 +7/310

9. Frogster

Frogster Member

Just a random thought about seeds... Those containers have a built in dehumidifier thingy. Won't it damage the seeds?

KittenTheCat likes this.
  10. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Good point. I didn’t realize the top part of the container is a dehumidifier