08/14 Kitten AMPS/119 +5/257 +9/74 PMPS/68 +3/227 +7/306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KittenTheCat, Aug 14, 2020.

1. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Yesterday’s post. When I saw that 257 this AM I thought it was going to be a bouncy day so I was very surprised to see Kitten’s BG at 74 a few hours later! It explains the true bounce this evening! :eek: I think I should have tested earlier and helped the drop with some LC or was the bounce was inevitable?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

i had a similar situation with Bandit just a couple of days back! they really like to keep us on our toes!
    does kitten get smaller meals through the day? (sorry, i haven't looked at your previous condos before asking this)

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I think she bounced this morning after that lovely run of greens last night then decided to drop again. We don't know how fast she dropped between +5 and +9. She could have dropped fast and caused the next bounce. But the good news is, the bounces are short lived.
    Do you offer snacks during the first half of the cycles?

4. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

Yes kitten gets snacks in AM/PM cycles from the auto feeder set at +3 and +5.5. I intervene with more snacks if she is very active.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Can I ask how you keep food cold in auto feeders? Ice cubes wouldn’t last long...

KittenTheCat likes this.
  6. KittenTheCat

KittenTheCat Member

I have the cat mate C500 which comes with ice packs, but to be sure it lasts all day, I freeze portion sizes of the wet food. I find using wax paper and a dollar store drawer organizer works well to prepare them for freezing, then they just go in a bag until I use them. Makes for easy loading in the AM and stays fresh for Kitten :cat:

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Awesome! Thanks for the tips.

KittenTheCat likes this.