? [08/24] Ratface: AMPS 310, AM+6 203 PMPS 110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ron, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron

Ron Member

Hmmm,

Evening everyone! I'm looking for a little dosing advice for Ratface. I just did his PMPS test and came up with a value of 110 which is his lowest preshot number in months. I'm delaying the shot 20 minutes to test him again but he is eating a little food now which may (?) spike the number a little. Could someone with an experienced eye take a peek at his SS and provide some thoughts?

I'm not sure what is going on but it seems a little odd that he is so flat during the day and occasionally gets a PM preshot drop. I work during the day, so it is difficult to get late evening / early morning reads and I'm a little concerned about shooting him up this low.

His normal dose is 1.25units (I dropped it a quarter unit three days ago).

Thanks!

2. Ron

Ron Member

Okay after 20 minutes he's up slightly to 113. Feeling a little nervous here but I have honey, canned food with gravy, lots of test strips and an inability to go to work feeling anything other than exhausted so I'm going for the shot (but I think I'll chicken out a bit and reduce to 1 unit).

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you test tonight as long as necessary to keep him safe?

4. Ron

Ron Member

I'll be dragging my ass tomorrow, but I intend to!

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Well since you reduced without him really earning it, I'd encourage you to shoot the 1.25 as long as you have all the supplies you need if he does drop too low.

Lantus works best when it's given at these lower numbers!

You'd want to get a +1 and +2 no matter what you decide to shoot just to see how he's doing though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.