? 08/27 BB just peed blood

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawnjanell, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

Last thread I will update my Spreadsheet shortly but her numbers have not been terrible and I just checked her ketones with a blood meter and they are at .1.

She had a couple accidents the night after her dental last week but none since and has seem extra active, sweet, and lovey the last couple of days. Then tonight I went to tell her goodnight ( she chose not to sleep with me for the first time in several nights) and there is a puddle next to her with blood in it.

Attached Files:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It could be a UTI.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

4. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

She had a catheter in for her dental cleaning which has me worried it could have cause an infection, or inflammation. I texted my vets emergency number but have not gotten a reply so he must not think it was an emergency. He has told me try him first and he will tell me if I need to go, and to my credit this is my first time using that number in the 8 years he has been my vet. I will however call the office tomorrow and make sure to get her in. Thank you for the suggestions and for not telling me to panic .

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

D Mannose for a few days always helps my Kitty. It's always been a UTI with Ravan.

6. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

They are treating it as a UTI with injected Convenia (antibiotic) just off the photo I have of her bloody urine The vet said if it was in the kidneys then it would not be a clot so the picture ruled that out, but if the antibiotics don't help we are to go back to look into possible bladder tumors.