09/02 J.D. PMPS 324 increased dose, +2 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Last Night:
    594 PMPS
    HI +1 (TOR)
    526 +2
    357 +5

J.D. has been fasting since a little before midnight. I gave him 1/4 Pepcid in a tiny bit of pill pocket at AMPS, but he threw up clear bile. He threw up clear bile again, so I gave him another 1/4 Pepcid. We leave for the vet in less than an hour for his blood test. Please wish us good vet vines.

I hope he makes it through today and to the IM vet tomorrow.

When we get home from this vet, I almost hate to feed him if it hurts his tummy so. He is not just laying around this morning but is walking around the house. His next dose of Bupe is due right about when we get home from this vet.

Please keep up the vines for J.D.

2. MollynSkooter

MollynSkooter Well-Known Member

Re: 09/02 J.D. AMPS 561 Vines Needed

Sending tons of good vetty vines to JD and calming vines to you!

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Tons of good vetty and feel better vines coming your way!!

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I, too, am sending tons, and tons of positive vibes, healing vines, and prayers your way, Dyana. :YMHUG: I cross my fingers, and Blackie crosses her paws for a good BW report.

5. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Lots of good vines and prayers for J.D. Feel better, little guy!!

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you guys this morning and sending lots of good vetty vines for J.D.'s appointment. Feel better, buddy!

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Tons for vines for J.D. and a big hug for you, Dyana.
    Liz

8. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Sending tons of good vibes, good vetty vines and prayers for You and JD!
    ((((((hugs))))))Dyana! :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Dyana:

I hope J.D. feels better.

FYI: Bile isn't clear. It's yellow and has a very unpleasant odor.

10. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots of vines. Please feel better J.D.

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Vines, prayers and every good thought I can muster headed your way today. I hope the vet can figure out how to make JD feel better. Hugs to you too.

12. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Dyana,
    Bunches of healing and calming vines for J.D. and you.
    Feel better J.D.! You are sooo good looking, Just like me!
    Lots of purrs & Meows,
    Michael. :smile:

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 09/02 J.D. AMPS 561, +5 330 back from vet

Thank you everyone for the vines :YMHUG:

He got a Total Health Plus with Spec fPL because it was cheaper than a Total Health with Spec fPL :? and Magnesium and Cobalamin test.

J.D.'s regular vet said no to steriods, but said to talk to the IM vet about it tomorrow. She said the steriods could do him in. That he could go into heart failure because of them. And she said the Echocardiogram would be a waste of money. I said I wanted the echo to see if his heart was okay for steriods. She said "his ticker is great". I'm so confused. She said get the echo done if you want. She loves the hospital I am going to tomorrow, and they refer a lot of pet parents to them. I told her that I can not use the hospital often, and hope that they will work with me over the phone and in combination with her. She said they would. That she could talk to the IM vet by phone. She said to write down all my questions for tomorrow and to pick the doctor's brain. That I am paying for her knowledge.
    I described how J.D. was laying down yesterday, like he was weak after eating, and how his tummy bloated after eating, and how he walked with his head down and kind of low in his front feet, and she said those were all signs of tummy ache. She said to use Simethicone (Infant gas drops) for the bloating. She said it should work really quick. To give him 1/2 the human infant recommended dose of 0.3ml (so give 0.15ml) and wait 10 minutes. If it did not relieve the bloating, to give him the other 0.15ml. She said it would work that quick.

I was hoping to find something to help with his appetite and tummy aches. I mean if it's the Iams MaxCal that is bothering him, then I just don't know how I can switch to something that I have to give 22 syringes of the food a day.
    The Iams MaxCal (333 cal. per 6oz can) by itself is about 20 calories per syringe, so I can give him about 11 syringes per day. With the Friskies (187 cal. per 5.5oz can) mixed in, I figure it brings the calories per syringe to about 17 each. So, he would need at least 12 per day. Maybe, I can do just Friskies... The Wellness/Pro Plan mixture I was using was only 10 cal. per syringe, and I just can't see me giving 22 of those per day.

Thank you Sienne.

I just see it on the carpet. He doesn't vomit often. He used to real early in the morning from his tummy being empty. If I saw anything at all it was usually about a 50 cent piece sized spot of what looked like either clear (wet carpet) or slightly foamy liquid. If I didn't get up when he did it, I wouldn't find it in the morning.

J.D. is walking around the house, and his tummy is not bloated at the moment. He got 20ml of the MaxCal/Friskies as soon as we got home at +3.5 and his Ondansetron and Cyproheptadine. I gave him 20ml of the Wellness/Pro Plan (because I didn't have anything else blended up at the time) with his Flagyl, Cerenia, Denamarin, methyl B12, RenaKare, Denamarin, and baby food squash at +4.5.

I called the hospital and had them switch the IM vet appointment to first at 2:00pm, and the Cardio vet appoinment to second at 3:00pm. They have no problem with late cancellations. So, I will ask the IM vet if she thinks the echo is a waste of money or whether she thinks it's necessary.

I need to take a nap after all that. I probably won't but could use one.

14. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Piling on more vines for J.D. Hope he feels better soon and you get some rest. You're a great mamabean!

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

FWIW I don't understand how JD's ticker is just fine but pred would do him in. I would keep the cardio appointment unless the IM says otherwise. In my case the echo told us that Mac really does have a benign murmur and his heart is normal. So if he needs fluids or any other treatment where they would wonder about his heart being able to handle it we know it can. Had the echo shown his murmur was not benign we would have known what we were dealing with as well. I am sending more vines.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you, Tara, and Elise.

Elise, that is the plan. I would rather know for sure. We'll see what the IM vet says.

J.D. has walked to the cat food bowl and ran his nose across what was there a few times this morning, but has not eaten anything on his own, yet.
    Just going up to the cat bowl is progress.

I told my boss I would try to keep up with emails from home, and so am doing that and some house work today. It is extremely hot and humid outside, so staying indoors is what I plan to do.

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 09/02 J.D. +7.5 299 back from vet

J.D. did get up and eat some MC and some LC from the cat food bowl :)

All (both) cats are sleeping. It makes me want to join them.

18. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Dyana}}}

It sounds like your vet really cares about J.D. and it's great that she's willing to work with the IM closely. I like that she seemed to be so honest with you about asking questions of the IM.

I hope you picked up those infant gas drops for the next time J.D. is bloated. They really do help. My vet did not have me divide the dose, but your vet knows J.D., so sounds good to me.

Sending lots of healing vines and good vetty vines for your next two appointments. J.D. and you remain in my prayers.

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can get some answers and a good plan for J.D. tomorrow. I'm glad he ate some for you. Keeping you and J.D. in my prayers. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

20. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

thinking of you and sending my best to both of you. We'll be looking for the report tomorrow from the next vets.

a nap or early to bed sound good. :YMHUG:

21. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

((Dyana)), sending vines to J.D. and many hugs to you.
    I'm so glad he ate today.
    I hope you're able to get some well-deserved rest.

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana - many vines for JD, I hoe the IM vet appt goes well, and that you like him/her. Good idea too on the cardio. I never see those as a waste. Good luck with it all, I hope it goes well. I wish you luck with the steroids if you decide to go that route, I've always considered those the last resort. as an FYI: with Mannie, they shot his BG through the roof.

Hugs to all there, Be well J.D.!

23. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dyana,
    I hope that all will go well tomorrow with the IM vet and the cardiologist and that you will get the answers to your questions. J.D.: eat yer fuds, man! A guy's gotta eat!! Sending lots and lots of vines for tomorrow.

Ella & Rusty

24. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Thank you for your support and responses and vines. We need them.

The people on the Feline Pancreatic Support Group seem to think it's the food he's being fed. I tried the Simethicone (Infant Gas Drops) and it didn't seem to help. He needs one more meal before bed time, and then I'm going to crash.

I have a messed up spreadsheet. I have been going along, merrily changing the name on my doses and never really checking the calipers to the lines in the middle of the syringe (just concentrating on the dose from the top of the syringe) and I just increase from a "S1.25" to what is actually maybe a hair's width over 1.00. I do not have time right now to go back through my entire spreadsheet and fix it.

J.D. was acting depressed, so I just layed with him on my tummy and massaged his tummy. Now, it's time for another feeding. God Help Me to find a food that will work for him and not hurt his tummy.

25. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

(((Dyana)))
    Sending tons of feel better and appy vines to J.D.
    And good vetty vines for tomorrow too.
    :YMHUG:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.