09/08 Milo AMPS 277/+1.5 232/+3.5 153/+5 124/PMPS 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Starting out a bit high but not too bad considering we skipped his shot last night. I feel good about that decision considering how he kept sliding down and not going back up quickly at all in the evening.

Today we have eating! He's munching on LC and raw as I type. I'm trying a +1.5 to see if this reading might give enough info when I return to work. I'll have to get on a 6 am/pm cycle but that only allows a +1.5 before I have to get ready to leave, allowing enough time to fill the autofeeder etc. I would give the shot earlier but on Thursdays I can't be home until 7pm. I'm still not sure how I manage that...Suggestions?? I know it's an hour later than the AM shot which is longer than it should be...

Take care everyone. Safe surfing!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice sliding today considering the skipped shot. All you can do with your schedule is the best you can do. If the shot has to be off, it has to be off.

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thanks Carla. You made me feel better.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Going later on shots is not ideal but not that bad. Going earlier the next day is more the issue as shooting early can act a bit like an increase. Not so good with a cat dancing the greens. How late can you give the shot on Friday morning?

Nice PMPS. :D Looks like a great recovery from the fur shot.

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Good question. I will have to leave for work by 8am so I wouldn’t have more than an hour to monitor if the shot time moved to 7am which also isn’t good....

That’s why I thought 6am might work in general. Check at +1.5, fill autofeeder and go... thoughts? Earlier? 5:45? Skip Thursday nights completely??

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you shoot at 7, what time do you get up? Just wondering if there is enough time to get a +10 or +11 to see if he's coming up or going down before you head out the door. I have seen some people have success with a +1 in deciding what to leave in the autofeeder. So maybe get a +1.5 most days, but just a +1 on Fridays and work your way back on time during the weekend.

7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I agree in principle but I am still so worried about his going too low while I am gone. He’s pretty new to 2.75u and this morning he’s started off at 72. Even if he were higher, he can do some pretty serious drops and if I’m not around to monitor....
    I am planning on getting up by 5:45 so I can shoot each morning and have that 1-2 hour window before leaving to monitor.