09/10 Milo AMPS 119/+1.5 83/+2 65/+7.25 97/+7.75 77/PMPS 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Starting off not badly but I have to leave shortly. I gave Milo some MC in the night when he was at 83 @ +3.5. I just had a feeling... When I got up at +5.5, he was at 97 so I think I was right to give him food to not drop lower. Based on this, I am doing the same this morning. He's dropped to 83 @ +1.5 so I think he could still drop and drop and drop while I'm gone. He had LC for breakfast and about 1 1/2T MC at +1.5. I have MC in the first section of the feeder to take him to +4.5, LC until +6.5 and a mix of LC and raw for the rest of the afternoon, after his nadir, hopefully.
    Have a great day, everyone.

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-105-meter-switch-5-153-6-175-7-122-9.234978/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Butters & Lyla likes this.
  2. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

+2 65. He keeps dropping and this can go badly if I'm not around (which I can't be) to monitor and steer with food. Feeding 1 1/2T HC now. He may go way up but better safe than sorry...

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was looking at your ss and wondering why you didn’t take a reduction after yesterday’s 31? Even if you think the meter was wrong if my cat I would. Others might disagree.

4. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I’m not sure I’m understanding. I did a reduction from 2.75 to 2.5u yesterday evening. Was I supposed to go lower?

5. tiffmaxee

My mistake. I’m on my phone and missed it. You did the right thing. I think I looked at the previous morning. He looks like he might be flying down the dosing scale. Exciting for you.

6. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Oh good! You had me worried that I had done something terribly wrong! It is always entirely possible…

Do you think I took the right approach this morning leaving him with eating the HC? I am so worried about him going too low while I’m gone. This is one of the first times I have left him so early after the shot. And he seems to be a little bit tricky. Without feeding him the MC last night, I’m not sure where we would have been at by his nadir.

7. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I seem to have to steer him a lot with Food these days. Is that typical?

8. tiffmaxee

Funny you should ask. I was just thinking of Milo and another being steered with food. It allows for lots of healing time and they hopefully will get used get used to normal bg. It’s awfully hard in the bean though.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing today. Glad Milo stayed safe.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It can be if the cat is moving rather briskly down the dosing scale. You did a great job keeping him safe, that's what counts. Rather higher for an hour or two, than low.

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  11. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thanks. I think I'm starting to figure him out but the lower numbers later in the cycle is taking some getting used to. I had NOOOOOO idea how critical that automatic feeder would become, separating different types of food at different times. A godsend...
    We'll see what tonight brings our way. Keeping my fingers crossed.