09/12 Billo +2 86 AMPS 275 +1 293, +3 372, +4 324, +7 311, + 8 297, +10 300, PMPS 270

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abdullah, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Billo's BG rose significantly over the course of the night. Her AMPS today is quite high, but its understandable since that is mainly due to skipping the shot last night.

I need advice on dosing, should I still drop the dose to 2.25?

@Panic @Critter Mom @Butters & Lyla @Sue and Luci @tiffmaxee

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, most definitely. She earned a reduction yesterday when she went under 90.

Abdullah likes this.
  3. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yes, dosing is based on nadir, not pre-shot (unless pre-shot is unexpectedly low, like last night). Once you earn a reduction you don't increase until 7 days have passed on SLGS and the numbers show she needs more.

@Sue and Luci , in yesterday's thread we learned Billo had a LC food change on the 8th ... wondering if she should have been started on much lower dose to begin with?

Abdullah likes this.
  4. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

5. Sue and Luci

Well, yes and now, possibly no...3.5 was a high dose to begin with...now he's down to 2.25.

So the question to @Abdullah is are you going to be home all day to monitor? Billo is in the bounce right now - from that AMPS - it's not easy to say what will happen the rest of the day. After 5 days of a food change I would think max impact would have happened 24-48 hours after removal of all high carb dry food.

If you start to encounter another slide like yesterday (which by skipping the shot last night you've allowed the depot to drain)...so it's kinda like starting over with that...so the question is are you going to be home to monitor? Do you have medium and high carb foods on hand to feed those dropping numbers. The question is also to Billo, how long before you clear that bounce?

Panic and Abdullah like this.
  6. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

I understand. The initial dose given was 2.5, we didn’t start with 3.5.

Yes I made sure to clear my schedule over the next couple days so I could stay home and monitor Billo. I’m confident in handling the lower numbers now after having that experience yesterday.

I’ll give her 2.25

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are a quick learner! You will do fine. Ask questions as often as needed. 275 is not real high for a bounce due to a reduction and a skip. Many see black, red, or pink. Don’t be surprised if the high is yet to come.

Abdullah likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

Did you decide to follow SLGS or TR? I saw SLGS mentioned above. I ask because dosing going forward will depend on the one chosen so please add it to your signature.

Abdullah likes this.
  9. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye for potentially high/higher numbers.

SLGS, my apologies for not making the change in the signature. It is updated now, with the new dosing as well (2.25u).

10. tiffmaxee

Abdullah likes this.
  11. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

12. tiffmaxee

No apologies needed. You are learning!

Abdullah likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Please modify your SS to sync up with this - I was referring to what it says on the SS - so I'm confused or the SS isn't up to date???

Excellent!

How's Billo doing now? I don't see any new numbers on your SS since the 1+.

I'm in and out today so I'll pop in as often as I can to see how you're doing. Glad to hear your confidence is building. Keep reading the stickies - there's a ton of information there :)

14. Sue and Luci

Please modify your SS to sync up with this - I was referring to what it says on the SS - so I'm confused or the SS isn't up to date???

Excellent!

How's Billo doing now? I don't see any new numbers on your SS since the 1+.

I'm in and out today so I'll pop in as often as I can to see how you're doing. Glad to hear your confidence is building. Keep reading the stickies - there's a ton of information there :)

Abdullah likes this.
  15. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Oh okay I see what you mean! I will add it to the remarks column. Essentially, before switching over to Lantus, her dosing for NPH was 3.5. The dose was then dropped to 2.5 for Lantus after discussing on the NPH forum :)

I'm about to update her SS, Billo had a groomers appointment, she looks fresh and new :)

16. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Billo's numbers have risen at +3.40 372. She did just have a meal about 30 min ago.

17. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Checked for Ketones as well in her urine, no trace!!

BG drops at +4 324.

18. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Just wanted to check in.

Billo's numbers are a little bouncy today, but they are decreasing. From what I've read and what I've understood, I've gathered that bounces can happen, especially since some kitties aren't used being in the lower (green) numbers, so it might just be Billo trying to adjust.

Am I on the right track of thought with this?

19. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

20. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

It sure looks like Billo is bouncing to me. The more time she spends in lower numbers, she will get more used to them and bounce less.
    A bounce can last for several cycles, up to six I believe is the general thought...though they can certainly last for less.

Sue and Luci, tiffmaxee and Abdullah like this.
  21. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Thats what I am thinking as well. Thank you for the confirmation!! :)

22. tiffmaxee

Definitely bouncing. Just get a PMPS and a +2-3. Unless either a surprise low at PMPS or a drop at +2 it’s a safe some strips kind of night.

Butters & Lyla and Abdullah like this.