09/13 Tricky Milo +11.75 68/AMPS 65-NS/+4.25 70/ +5.25 86/PMPS 124/+3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

I was trying to shift Milo’s schedule because I return to work tomorrow. So I was going for 15 mins earlier but he kept dropping. What the heck??? I couldn’t stall the shot so I fed him.

Here’s my concern: I wonder if he went really low in the night?? I’ve noticed one of the cats has thrown up a little a couple of nights on the couch. I assumed it was Singha still getting sorted out but this time it was clearly Milo from a bit of white fur in it. So I’m a bit freaked out that maybe he was hypo overnight. I thought I was safe going to bed with a 95 @ +3.75. He doesn’t seem to eat overnight and he may have really dropped based on the numbers this morning. I often have to steer him with food during the day.

I am so worried about returning to work with all this going on. I know he hasn’t “earned” a reduction but I’m thinking his dose is still too high. Can I try a bit lower considering everything that’s going on?? Or do I keep skipping shots when I return to work and he’s lower than I feel comfortable shooting?? I don’t love either option but would feel better at a lower dose and slightly higher numbers than skipping shots.

A further complicating factor is the change in meter. Had I used the Contour this morning rather than the OneDrop, it would have registered in the limes (definitely less than 50) and all of his numbers in the last couple of days would have been significantly lower (around 18 points, if that makes sense).

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/09-12-milo-amps-185-2-75-115-4-5-94.235159/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Can you get another meter today? Maybe you would be better for now either reducing at a higher number than 50 if you continue with TR or switch to SLGS? You could revisit this once you see how Milo does with you back to work. You need to do something so you aren’t stressed all day at work. Hugs.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's tricky when you have to go to work and can't check on them. I've had to skip shots before with Furball. It's not ideal. It's either skipping shots and leaving food out or making one of the changes Elise suggested.

4. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I cannot get another meter today :(
    I’m holding out for testing solution and more strips. I have 600 coming and the first 300 were ordered in August :( I’m almost out for both the OneDrop and Contour.

Between vet visits and car repairs I am presently more than $1500 in the red.

If I’m understanding you correctly, I could stay on TR and do a decrease at a slightly higher number? Do you think I could go down to 2.25u tonight and see how he does? I’d prefer to try and stick with TR for now if it’s possible since we’ve been getting good results. But I can’t be shooting at 65 and leaving for the day. I also hate skipping shots.

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Even without his shot, Milo is holding steady at 70. Hopefully the skipped shot won't affect him too much. I will shoot by 5:45pm. Could you please confirm dosage, @tiffmaxee, @carfurby ?

6. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I'm a bit of a bind with leaving out food because Milo doesn't always eat. Often when I'm steering him, I have to repeatedly put him up to the food and convince him eating is a good thing. :(

7. tiffmaxee

The skipped shot won’t effect him adversely. You need a dose where you can shoot and then leave without fear of him dropping. I’m not sure what that will be. It’s like you should have prepped for a vacation dose to start and this requires thinking outside of the protocol. See where he is at PMPS. I’d at least take a .25 reduction and possibly more.

This is going to require more eyes.

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha likes this.
  8. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I shot at 5:30 pm to give us a bit more time in the morning to see how Milo is doing before leaving for school/work. He was only 124. Hopefully I wouldn’t have to stall a shot but it gives me some wiggle room just in case. I decided to do 2u rather than 2.25. We’ll see how this seems. My vet was concerned that the dose was too high based on his weight but he’s not up on the TR protocol and how high we had to start to bring his BG down.
    Have a good evening.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Today was a good example of how well the depot can work to keep numbers down, for a while. I don't think he was overdosed, he didn't show you any reduction numbers. He should be high enough for you tomorrow morning.

Remember, it's only initial dosing that we do by weight, after than it's what the cat needs at the time. Needs can vary. Neko's "good dose" ranged from 8.75 units, slowly down to about 0.75 units, then rather more quickly up to 7.0 units, then marched back down eventually to 0.25 units. Her weight did not vary accordingly. :p

10. tiffmaxee

Wendy, our concern was her returning to work tomorrow. She’s concerned as she won’t be home. Thoughts?

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

OneDrop has had some delivery issues lately...although it seems that the issue was USPS, not OneDrop...USPS has been awful lately...

Have you called to check for a delivery status on your strips?

12. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I have called and I can’t get an answer And you can’t even leave a message. I do get a response from email but there’s only one person who seems to do everything. Apparently my strips are now in Canada. I can’t hold off more than 2-3 days. I hope they show up... I’m going to order another 300 again soon if delivery is this unreliable. I wonder at what point they question the “unlimited” strips per month. I want to stock up before the next wave of COVID hits and we deliveries across the border become even less reliable.