09/17 Milo skipped shot +12 77, +12.5 81/+12.75 58/+2 97/PMPS 146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

@Sue and Luci @carfurby.... I could use your advice.

I've stalled for a half hour and Milo is still only 81. Considering he often doesn't eat from the autofeeder, I'm thinking I may need to skip. He goes low easily on me. Thoughts? I could make it home for 5 mins at +5 and shoot now

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Let me look at SS...brb

3. Sue and Luci

Looks like the numbers are going up...

Will you or someone be home to monitor later this morning?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You shot a 72 on the PM cycle on 9/11/20. Can you feed him a little MC before you leave and then shoot?

5. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I just checked again and he's dropped again to 58. I am off to work and no one is here during the day. I will have to skip this one. My goodness he's being tricky. I also found vomit on the couch this morning, similar to a couple other mornings when it seemed like he may have gone low overnight. I've given some LC and MC for breakfast as I have to leave in an hour and a half.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Since he's dropped, and you can't monitor, I think skipping is the safe thing to do.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

That's quite a drop...

I was writing something else...and then saw this...so I deleted my earlier comment.

I agree with Carla...best to skip this one...feed him some medium or high carb food - check on him when you can...the food will prop him up for about two hours.

8. Sue and Luci

You'll need to set an alarm to check on this one...no numbers at all could mean anything...he may have gone up/down...??? No one knows...

9. Sue and Luci

Please remove the '?' since you've got a plan now :)

Have a good day! I hope Milo feels better (after the puking episode that is)...

10. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I can see that. I thought with the new extra-reduced dose I wouldn't be worried about him going too low at night. Apparently that's off the table.
    I even stayed up and checked him at +5 last night and nothing at all looked alarming.

11. Sue and Luci

Yes, I'd agree with you, however if you suspect he's going to go lower, then unfortunately getting another test might be in order. Those late night numbers were still going down, not by much, but they were going down...

Speaking of reductions - you may want to put into your comments why you reduced - people will ask since there were no numbers there that warranted a reduction. I think I recall you reduced because you were going back to work, right?

12. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Thanks, I will add that to Milo’s SS. I really expected he’d stay in the blues @ 2u and I was hoping he might eventually come down into the greens, in a safe way, when I was back at work. I never expected what I got this morning... since the reduced dose there were not signs of vomiting etc overnight. This happened at 2.5u a couple of times but I didn’t connect it with Milo. But the last time, just before the reduction, I got a glimpse of white fur in it indicating it had been Milo all along I think. Makes me question what’s been going on. What time would you recommend I check him at night? I can’t honestly figure out his nadir anymore.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Curious to see where he is tonight.

I didn't always check nadirs at night, unless I happened to be up anyway. Instead I used the before bed test and preshot to determine the overnight trend and whether I needed to get up later.

14. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

I was doing the same but his nadir isn’t consistent. I thought the +2 and the +4 could predict his pattern but recently it seems that he can go very low late in the cycle.

15. Sue and Luci

Probably should get an 8+ / 9+ - sorry to say it's going to cost you some sleep...but it's important to know what's going on toward the end of the cycle for this one...

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ditto with Neko, on Lantus her nadir was between +3.5 and +13, though most often between +7 and +9, later when breaking a bounce. Look for patterns of more than one cycle in a row to give you and idea where Milo might nadir.