09/18 Billo +5 237, AMPS 255, +4 210

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Abdullah, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Yesterday's thread

So Billo has been in the 200s for about three days now, I'm hoping she drops into the 100 range today but I'm thinking that a dose increase to 2u might be something that I should look into. What are your guys' thoughts?

Thank you!

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you need to hold that dose for a bit longer (unless he earns another reduction). You are on cycle 6 of 1.75u. There were two reductions in a fairly quick time frame, so I would give this dose time to do its thing. The thing I see is that he is flat...so very flat....I wonder if he is up to something...Maybe some green in your future?

SLGS guidelines:
    Hold the dose for at least a week:
    • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
    • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.
    After 1 week at a given dose perform a 12 hour curve, testing every 2 hours OR perform an 18 hour curve, testing every 3 hours. Note: Random spot checks are often helpful to "fill in the blanks" on kitty's spreadsheet. The goal is to learn how low the current dose is dropping kitty prior to making dose adjustments.
    • If nadirs are more than 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), increase the dose by 0.25 unit
    • If nadirs are between 90 (5 mmol/L) and 149 mg/dl (8.2 mmol/L), maintain the same dose
    • If nadirs are below 90 mg/dl (5mmol/L), decrease the dose by 0.25 unit

How did the vet visit go?

tiffmaxee and Abdullah like this.
  3. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

I understand, I agree with you. I think it's wise to give it some more time!

I am meeting with him tomorrow! Hopefully it all goes well :)

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I will be shocked if yiur vet is not pleased with the progress.

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Me too! Good luck!