09/20 Dallas AMPS 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dallas boy, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

121 @ +1. LC in auto feeder.

Is there anything I can do for his poor little ears? They're getting red and bruised even though I do apply pressure after poking and he seems to be more uncomfortable and fighting me a little bit more. I put vaseline on his ears before poking each time.

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Are you avoiding poking the marginal vein?

Some people have found coconut oil helps. Here are some other ear car tips from the home testing sticky:

Ear Care
    Since our kitties must endure so many tests, what are some ways to take care of the ears?
    • Hold a wet, cool baby washcloth on the poke site immediately after the test to prevent bruising.
    • Put Emla cream on the test sites after each test. It only takes a tiny dab and you can wipe it off before the next test. Emla cream requires a prescription from your vet. Neosporin with has been found to contain a toxin to cats, polymixin and should be avoided.
    • You can purchase Ledum 30C homeopathic remedy at any health food store. Dissolve one tablet in a small bottle of pure water and then apply one or two drops to each ear every day. Ledum is great for puncture wounds.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

His numbers look really good. It is hard to keep testing the little ears. Make sure you are doing the outside of the ear.

5. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

These are great! thank you so much! I do try my hardest to avoid poking the marginal vein.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. Dallas boy

Dallas boy Member

It is hard especially when he tries to hide his ears.