09/20 Poopers AMPS 265, +2 313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Poopers and Catia, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Poopers and Catia

Poopers and Catia Member

Poopers numbers today were okay definitely could be better. His numbers might be a little bit off for a couple days because he is going on some medication “Clavaseptin” because he randomly got a lot of scabs on his body. The vet isn’t 100% sure what it could be he believes it has something to do with his FIV. Hopefully it goes away soon. I’m not too sure how this medication can affect his numbers but we’ll see. Positive thoughts for Poopers ❤️

2. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

The Clavaseptin shouldn't affect his BG, but will hopefully help treat whatever underlying skin infection he has going on. Hopefully his skin condition heals up quickly, sending lots of healing vines :cat:

Just a quick observation: I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but getting some night time tests can help see how the dose is working, since many kitties like to go lower at night, and right now you only have half of the picture :). With TR mid cycle tests each cycle are important, since it allows you to evaluate the dose every 6 cycles. I suspect you are likely doing SLGS although your SS says TR.

But, even with SLGS you want to be able to fill in some missing pieces by getting random tests when you can, and evaluate the dose after 7 days by running a curve. You've held this dose for 11 days, so if you can't do many tests during the week, perhaps on the weekend if you are able to run a curve, that might be worthwhile. Just something to think about.

3. Poopers and Catia

Poopers and Catia Member

Yes! The vet also suggested for us to do a curve test we will definitely be doing one soon. Thank you for your advice and your positive vibes :bighug::rb_icon:

Christie & Maverick likes this.