1/02 Rupert amps-191,+4-194,+7-175,+9-289,pmps-516,+3-465

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn & Rupert, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

2. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Happy New a Year! That's a better amps as opposed to his PMPS at least. Good luck with the dosecrease!

Lynn & Rupert likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Rupert today. :cool: Good luck with the dosecrease.

Lynn & Rupert likes this.
  4. Lynn & Rupert

Thanks Carla and Shane! He started out nicely, but ended badly with a :eek: 516! He was stressing over me not feeding him more than usual, maybe he got himself worked up. He was howling and following me around for over an hour, so he was pretty stressed. I know I was! :nailbiting: I have tried different feeding tactics, but nothing seems to work. Maybe I will try some YA and let him eat more freely instead of a schedule. It might make his numbers go up, but I think he will be a happier kitty and I will be a less stressed out bean! :banghead:

5. carfurby (GA)

I hope you can find a feeding routine that works for Rupert. I tried feeding Furball on a schedule when she was first diagnosed, but she seemed hungry all of the time. I ended up free-feeding and she seemed happier and healthier. I just tried to remove the food about 2 hours before shot/test time.

6. Lynn & Rupert

That is Rupert's deal too, always seems hungry and gets very agitated about it. He was always very tuned into his food bowls, even when on kibble, he would make me fill it even if it was just low. I was going to try free feeding, but it's much harder with 4 cats. I have one civvie who is a chow hound too, but maybe once they see it is there all the time, they will slow down. Furball didn't over eat when she was not regulated? That's the part that confuses me, if not regulated, they think they are hungry, so wouldn't he just eat it all no matter if he was full or not? I would love to go back to free feeding, sure would make life easier around here!

7. carfurby (GA)

Even though I free-feed, I only left a certain amount of food out so she wouldn't over eat when she wasn't regulated. I would only leave extra out if it looked like she was going to go low and I had to leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.