1/07 Rupert amps-203,+3-232,+5-94,+8-69,+9.5-153,pmps-274,+3-238,+6-96

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn & Rupert, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn & Rupert

Lynn & Rupert Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Sorry about the vomit. I hope Tuffy is okay now.

Lynn & Rupert likes this.
  3. Lynn & Rupert

Thanks Carla, Tuffy is fine, even finished up most of his meal, might have been the medicine or hairball. Sometimes they just puke, well because they are cats! :rolleyes:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Work that juice Rupert - this time we want to see you all the way down in the lagoon.

Sorry about the pukus - Tuffy has interesting decorating skills. :stop:

Continuing on the conversation from yesterday's condo - I can so relate to the counter criminals. We got very good at putting things away, after some incidents with banana bread (unwrapping foil and plastic), blueberry muffins (chewing through a ziploc) and a baguette. Now unfortunately she has arthritis and can't jump that high. :( It will help Rupert as he spends more time in lower numbers. Neko went through a red/black period at the beginning which made it worse.

5. Wendy&Neko

Woohoo. Rupert is surfing! :D:D:D

6. Lynn & Rupert

He is in the lagoon! :D:D:D I screwed up feeding him at the +8 69, but I had to feed him another 1.5 oz anyway and I admit it...I freaked out a little! :eek: :p :rolleyes: I will test him again at +9.

Aww, poor Neko, it's tough getting old. It's always fun to have guests over, I have o run through the spill about food, crumbs and I will be on the floor looking for contraband after they eat! I am officially the weird cat lady now! lol

7. Lynn & Rupert

I shouldn't have fed him, at least not so much! :banghead: He is 153 @ +9.5 I should have let him surf longer! I will next time, steer if needed only.

8. Wendy&Neko

We usually suggest feeding a little bit of low carb food when they first hit the greens, to encourage them to surf. So no harm with the +8 snack. Been a while since he's been that low and I expect he might have reacted even without the food.

How was Rupert acting during that lovely surf? It's a good sign that he spend a few hours in the lagoon instead of just a quick visit.

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

WOOT! Lovely to see that green today!

You have my deepest sympathy on the vomit-on-the-wall and everywhere else episode. That is a "special" way to start one's morning! :eek::rolleyes:

I read your responses from yesterday. I wouldn't assume that he'd get to some extraordinarily large dose - he might settle in here at 6u-ish. No way to know. It does seem to help keep the dose down if you can get the cat into normal numbers, like you're doing right now. If you don't want to get him tested right now for $$ reasons, just plow on as you are doing.

Are you in Canada? I can't recall if that's you that's in BC - but insulin is much cheaper in Canada than in the US. There are other ways to cut costs, too.

In the meantime, let's just celebrate that green nadir today! :D

10. Wendy&Neko

@julie & punkin (ga) - Lynn is in Florida. I'm in BC. So is Asrael/Trouble.;)

Lynn, are you buying your insulin on line from Marks Marine Pharmacy? Many members do here and it's cheaper buying it from that Canadian pharmacy.

11. julie & punkin (ga)

Ah - thanks! So Canadian insulin might be helpful!

12. Lynn & Rupert

Agree Julie, I won't worry about the $$ for now, I am celebrating the green! :D Wendy is right, I am in Florida and I haven't ordered from Marks Marine yet, but have bookmarked it and will next time. I was able to buy one pen for $75 in town here, but I know Marks is much cheaper.
    I assume I continue with same dose tonight? He does tend to go lower at pmps, but I always take a +3 before bed. If low, I will set the alarm.

13. Lynn & Rupert

Pmps was 274, thanks to my +8, freak out feeding !

14. julie & punkin (ga)

He may very well be bouncing already. His body hasn't been green in a while and he spent at least 4 hours in that range today. When you get the +3, it will probably let you know if the bounce has begun or not.

Florida . . . you have sunshine there, don't you? We did see some a while ago, but Wendy and I share the same weather and it's gray a lot of the time.

15. Lynn & Rupert

He seemed fine, still wanting his food, following me around, I had no idea he would test that low! I will give less next time and check him to make sure he does't go too low. Thanks again Wendy!

16. Lynn & Rupert

It is sunny here most of the time, especially in the winter. We pay for it in the summer though, very hot and humid! Plus those palmetto bugs aka flying friggin roaches! I was living in South Dakota till Christmas time last year, so this mild winter is a treat for me. I do miss the snow...a little. So I wasn't too far from the Canadian border, similar weather for sure. It still seems weird to be wearing shorts and sandals in January! o_O Sorry I am delayed in replying, it's been a busy day and I have to post, do some chores and check back when I can. Thanks again for all your help, Julie, you and Wendy have been so kind. :bighug::bighug:

17. julie & punkin (ga)

:D Just gotta keep an eye out for you and our little buddy, Rupert.

have a great evening.

18. Lynn & Rupert

You too, Julie and Rupert says HELLO (loudly of course) ;)

julie & punkin (ga) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.