1/1/21 Moe: amps 61;+3=53; +8=65;possible cause for leg pain!; PMPS=79; +2=75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erin and Moe (GA), Jan 1, 2021.

1. Erin and Moe (GA)

Erin and Moe (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-update-10-86-pmps-101-reduce-to-2-5u.240769/

Good morning, and happy new year to all! Moe is starting the day at 61, and that’s after dose reduction last night from 3 units to 2.5 units. I gave him a BCS shot this morning of 1.5 units to try and further drain the depot.

He also got his first dose of gabapentin this morning and that went as well as all liquid meds go with him. :mad: Huge struggle to get .6 ml down him, even though it’s “chicken flavored.”

I hope everyone has a good day and kitties are well. Here’s to a happy and prosperous 2021!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful start Moe and have a great day Erin

Erin and Moe (GA) likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good luck with the reduced dose! Surf safely, Mo :cat:

Happy New Year, Erin! :bighug:

4. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Surf safe :) Happy New Year :D

5. Erin and Moe (GA)

6. Erin and Moe (GA)

I think I’ve narrowed down where Moe’s pain is! I was trying to trim his claws because he doesn’t maintain them anymore and they get very long and multiple layers thick. He was regular-grumpy about me doing the left rear, but when I tried to do the right rear, he growled and hissed and jerked his foot away. I fed him his favorite treat and tried to get a closer look. I don’t see anything obvious, just long claws. It seems to be specifically one or both of the two middle toes.

I’ll give him a chance to relax and then try to get a closer look later today. I wonder if he gat a claw caught in the carpet and injured it somehow? Poor little dude.

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Wedgwood pharmacy has gabapentin in gourmed chewable treats. Ollie would eat it out of my hand. Tripper I have to crumble (which is easy) and put in her food. And they have mini tabs/melts which are size of tic tac candy.

8. Erin and Moe (GA)

Second toe from the left on his right rear foot. He just about took my arm off when I tried to feel it. Still can’t see any visible damage though.

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Awww. Poor guy. I hope it heals.
    I have gabapentin in capsule form for Butters, who is also a real PITA about giving meds to. I rub a little butter on the capsule and put it in her food and she eats it no problem. She won't do that with anything else.

Happy New Year.

10. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hope moe heals quickly. :bighug:
    happy new year!

we've used the power form in capsule. we take it out and sprinkle on the food.
    doing fractional caps is entertaining... we dump it out and cut w a blade into portions ... if anybody were to look in the window at the wrong time...

11. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

LOL! That would be a fun one to explain to the cops. "But officer, it's not what it looks like. the white powder is gabapentin we are measuring out for our cat". Yeah, right.

12. Erin and Moe (GA)

this made me laugh out loud. :woot: Used to do the same years ago with powdered corn silk capsules, when Moe was having bladder issues and frequent UTIs.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy New Year! I hope Moe surfs safely today. Up Moe up. I hope his toe heals quickly. Sending prayers.

14. Erin and Moe (GA)

Coming up a bit now. 65 at +8.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good catch Erin on the toe! Many of our acros get really thick toe nails and they are quite hard to trim. Had one member have to take hers into the vet to get trimmed regularly.

16. Erin and Moe (GA)

The vet usually does it when I take him in for a checkup. They were overwhelmed yesterday so didn’t do it, and I was trying to do it myself this morning. Didn’t get very far, obviously. :). I’ll try again tomorrow, maybe after the Gabapentin kicks in.

17. Erin and Moe (GA)

PMPS is 79. Shot 2.5 units after a BCS this morning.

I’m still gently poking at Moe’s right foot and it’s definitely the one toe that’s bothering him. Just the slightest touch gets me a growl. It’s painful enough that he can’t sit on the tile floor long enough to eat. I need to set up a cushioned spot at his bowl so he can eat comfortably until I get get him seen again and figure out a plan of action with the vet.

18. Erin and Moe (GA)