? 1/10 Abby pmps 226 - what to do with dosing?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SDAbby, Jan 10, 2021.

1. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-4-abby-amps-198.240999/#post-2712818

Hi, all - would appreciate thoughts on what to do with Abby’s dosing. I feel like I can’t get back on track with her. Her nadirs are 50% suggesting holding the dose and 50% increasing dose based on the guidance, but it doesn’t seem to be improving and we were doing so well before I missed a few days to take care of parents. I guess It’s worth trying pulling the LC kibble and trying TR although I’m not sure how much of a difference it will make. Sorry - feeling really frustrated.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Most of the nadirs are over 150. I would increase the dose to .75.

SDAbby likes this.
  3. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Thanks @tiffmaxee - I will try that. I’m just shocked how quickly she went from .1 to a few days off and now up to .75. I’m wondering if I should get new Lantus bottle since we started this bottle in September. She has been eating more kibble and even though LC supposedly I’ve read that some cats react even to LC kibble. I just don’t think she eats enough without the kibble snacks (she only likes the gravy/water from the pate wet food and I’ve tried about 5 different wet foods since dx).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Have you tried fancy feast pates in different flavors? Max preferred dry food or canned slices but did start eating ff turkey and giblets and a few other flavors. Maybe she will eat more canned if she doesn’t get the dry for a few days? F you decide to withhold the dry I would not increase though. Look at Henry’s ss. Dry eliminated made a huge difference.

5. SDAbby

SDAbby Member

Thanks - yes I’ve tried almost all the pates flavors - Cheweys is financially loving this journey (I know she doesn’t prefer seafood varieties) but still doesn’t eat a full can of poultry flavors. She barely touched tiki or friskees or blue wilderness. FF is her most tolerated wet food and when she was better regulated she didn’t eat much of the dry food so I felt ok leaving it out. Now she is mostly eating the LC dry food which probably doesn’t help her numbers...