1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236 +2 229 +6 217

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10 Baby AMPS 143 Question

Hi Nicole,
    this is a nice number, I'm linking yesterday condo for u. Are u in this morning?
    How long can u stall? Hang on a sec

Baby's Condo yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1867

3. Ronnie & Luna

have u been able to get a retest? can u test now?

4. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Ronnie! She just had her breakfast..so we might be looking at a food spike..no new # yet.
    Appreicate your fast reply!

5. Ronnie & Luna

K, I'm just not able to suggest u shoot,

I'm hoping for more EYES to come by

6. Nicole & Baby

Totally understand - I think I am going to hold off on shooting this morning, it may be the wrong decision - but I need to go with my gut - since I don't have enough data or experience to make an educated decision. I hate to mess up the "shed" but would rather do that, then end up in a scary situation. I am going back to bed for a few hours & then will get up & test again before church

Thank you!! :YMHUG:

7. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Good morning Nicole. Very nice number.

8. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/10 Baby +12 143 +17 305 Please Advise

Hi, home from church..we are at +17 with 305. Nowhere near shot time, since we skipped the AM because I did not feel data ready to shoot a 143. Please advise.

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

You have to be out tomorrow? Work? At this point in the day I suggest you call it a fur shot this morning and shoot on time tonight. Otherwise your schedule is seriously out of whack, right?

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

there's the bounce, knew it had to be coming but just didn't know when. It's ok, you didn't have enough data to shoot that number and head out the door this morning, you did the right thing and Baby will get back on track quickly.

If you shoot now, your schedule would be a mess (next shot would be 12 hours from now, and so on). Unless you've been wanting to change your shot time by this much, you'll just need to skip this one. I would wait until whatever time you want your shot time to be, or maybe an hour earlier than that, and then shoot. (so if you want to shoot at 6:00, you can shoot at 5:00 tonight, then 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning). Make sense?

eta: oops, posted at the same time as CD but we said essentially the same thing!

11. Nicole & Baby

Great, thank you for the replies. I will shoot on what the best time her shots will be for me, I am seriously going to revisit the best time, so I can get an AMPS BG Reading 2 hours post shot time. I am thinking 4am/4pm, that way I can shoot in the am & be here for 3 hours before going to work. 4pm will be 5 hours from now, so see you in 5.

12. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

I was the same way, worried that Sami would go too low if I gave her the regular shot. I found after doing this for a couple of days I wasn't helping her at all. Understand that I am still a newbie too, but my recommendation is to give her the regular shot but monitor her closely.

I do see that you went ahead and skipped the shot this morning, but you will probably find that Baby goes higher than her PMPS yesterday.

13. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236

Kind of thought I would see a higher #, after not giving AM Shot, but Baby's back surfing her yellows ;-)

14. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236

Hi Nicole

I saw u were asking in health about this weird lingo we use :lol:

here's a link to the slang dictionary, I can't bump it anymore, it's locked - pooeee!

but here ya go anyway:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1903

15. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236 QUESTION FOR JILL

Thanks, Ronnie!!

Hopefully expert eyes see this.. Jill has been keeping Baby & I under her wing..so hopefully she sees this.
    When I get up at 3:30am to BG # Test for our shot, what # is safe to shoot? A range?
    I will be at work tomorrow... I hate to mess up her "shed" again... but want to be safe too.

Also, I saw someone has .30 & .40 on their SS under Unit. How do I give that? My syringe only has nothing & then .5 no joke needed - after my mishap our 1st day grr_red

16. paige

paige Well-Known Member

NICE BABY! So glad to see her doing well without her AM shot.

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

You can always post here if you're not sure whether to shoot, there's usually someone here at that time (not sure what time zone you're in, but Cassandra is usually up until the wee hours and Heather is in Europe so she is usually here at that time too. They can help you get shot. :D

The general rule, if you're not sure, is to not feed, wait 15-30 minutes and retest. If rising, then shoot. If dropping, then wait some more. Does that help?

18. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

I have the same question about the .25, .3, .4 doses.

What did you decide about the PM dose? Will you give it to Baby? If Sami was in the same predicament, based on the information I know now I would still give her the .5 dose, feed and then check again at +2 and +4. More than likely you will see a spike after feeding and then a drop, but with BG over 200 I would think you would be safe, but best to wait on someone more experienced to get their advice too.

19. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236 +2 229

I definitely gave the PM Dose, was just concerned about the AM Dose with a 143 (& no, I did not give it to her), but I think I am kind of understanding now...but want Baby's shed full...so I HATE skipping doses this soon into it, but I know myself.. I freak out & am obsessive.. plus the ER visit on our first day..has me in shaky shoes :shock:

I do hope someone answers us about doses lower than .5!!

20. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/10 Baby *No AMPS* PMPS 236 +2 229 +3.5 250

Was not going to do a BG until +6 but she was begging for her Raw Rabbit (which has indicated a drop in #s since we started)
    Turns out she was only hungry & momma was paranoid... :YMPEACE:

21. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole
    Deb and Spot answered your question about smaller doses in her condo.
    Baby will be back on track very soon.....you are doing great. :D

22. Nicole & Baby

Miriam, I REALLY appreciate you letting me know...I will go check that condo out! Thanks!!!!

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It makes perfect sense that you're apprehensive after your initiation. There is usually someone around -- pretty much 24/7 if you have a concern. Despite the missed shot, Baby had a good day.

24. Nicole & Baby

Sienne and Gabby ... I really appreciate you taking the time to show attention/advice. Hopefully one day I will stop asking questions.. I just get a little nervous..but am so blessed with all of you.....thank you!

25. Nicole & Baby

Low, slow & steady... just how we like it..... makes this Sugar Momma Happy.. Good night Lantus Land... see you for our AMPS. o:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.