1/10, Boomer AMPS=119

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

So many pretty greens and blues Boomer!

3. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Very nice!

It kind of looks like he is bouncing a bit on his spreadsheet. When you get a lower green like you have the last couple of days, you may want to test again in an hour to see where it is heading. I'm wondering if he may be going lower than what you are catching and that's what is causing the higher PM cycles.

4. Traci and Boomer

Hi Cassandra-

I wasn't able to get more data after yesterday's green becuase I left the house but I do agree he may have gone down. I was able to get more data today and I like what I see. I'm going to continue with the fat .25 so his numbers will stay green.

+4=56
    +5=73
    +7=87

Stay tuned for PMPS.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Looks great!

I agree with Cassandra about getting in another test after a drop to low green (though I see that you did get extra checks today and Boomer did fine). It will be interesting to see if tonight's PM cycle looks like yesterday's. He may be getting close to another reduction.

6. Traci and Boomer

Hi Lib-

The .25 WAS a dose reduction but it wasn't enough - his numbers are all blue on .25 so I raised it to a fat 2.5 and now he's doing well.

Do you think this is the right amount? Is it better for his liver/pancreas to be in green with a higher dose that in blue with a lower dose?

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Depends on how green. :mrgreen: If he goes below 50 he'll need another reduction, and he is getting close. 0.25 wasn't enough last time, but it will probably work better the second time around. Lots of times they just need a little more insulin to start them back on the dose reduction path again, and then a dose that didn't work the first time will suddenly work great!

8. Traci and Boomer

Wow, okay. I hope that works. I was a sad that he's been in the blues since the reduction. The only good thing about it was not worrying about him during the day. But I'll go back to worrying if he can get better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.