1/10: EssePMPS=392 2.25U @ 6:30

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Today's running commentary:
    PMPS+10.75=147. Food still in dishes, Esse still eating.
    +11.33=96. Breakfast in 40 minutes. Due to shoot 2.25. Have no idea if I can do this...
    +12=95. Am stalling and waiting...
    +12.25=90.
    +12.66=96
    +13=104.
    AMPS (same as +13)=104. Shot one unit, have W. Turkey/Salmon down. WCR: good as ever.
    +2+269. Sleeping in the dog bed, warm and snuggly.
    +4.5=305
    +5=322
    +8.5=426
    +9.5=433
    PMPS(+11)=392
    *****************************************************************************************
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1885

Quick recap: went down to 39 at her lowest, totally asymptomatic but hungry. We got a dose decrease down to 2.25. Many thanks to all who stayed with me (and Lydia) and walked us through. I got about 3 hours' sleep, which is more than I thought I would.

Let's hope that this day is a little calmer...after AMPS and shooting, I am going to go back to bed for a quick nap, and then hopefully off to the barn...

Best-
    Michele

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+10.75=146

Dang Michele--I missed all the action here all week!! But I know you got the advice you needed!!
    That is some beautiful number you got there!! and Congrats on the dosecrease :lol: We just love them right??
    Hope you have a nice easy surf today, and Esse is really making progress! Have a great Sunday cat_pet_icon

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

wow - what a day you had... some action!

Looking Good this morning. I won't let Mannie take a peek at Esse's numbers :lol: It might give him ideas, though it would be nice to get some more greens on his chart. All in good time i guess.

Have a great Sunday! cat_pet_icon

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Congratulations on the decrease last night! Nice catch!!

5. Michele and Esse

Roni, she is responding really well (antijinx)...I just don't know if I have the energy to stay up for 20 hours a day. LOL...18 perhaps, but not 20. We definitely earned the decrease indeed; it's just weird it was so soon after the other decrease, which was right on the heels of an increase...who's on first? Where's my hat? I'm so confused. LOL.

Heather, thanks! It was a bit of a challenge managing the surf, but we did it!

Right now, she's hanging out at my feet, just chillaxing...I'm sucking down coffee with warm feet.

Best-
    Michele

6. Michele and Esse

+11.33=96.

Look, guys, I'm really going to need some encouragement to shoot at this number, or anything near it...and shoot time is now 40 minutes away...I need some help here...'cause I don't want to put 2.25 U on a number like that. I know it's what I'm supposed to do, but I don't know that I can do it. :shock:

Best-
    Michele

7. Michele and Esse

Oh, let him peak...just tell him to not actually do what this MamaCat is doing. LOL...

She's playing with a toy until breakfast time; she feels great. I am blown out. LOLOL...

Best-
    Michele

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+10.75=146 +11.33=96.

Great progress....congratulations on the doscrease...
    You are doing very well...keep it up...don't worry...Esse is doing Fantastic!!!!!
    yay Esse!!!

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Esse's +11.3 =96?

Compared to your previous test, this is a dropping number. Can you stall the shot and not feed? It's best to not shoot a dropping number.

10. Michele and Esse

Yes, I can stall and not shoot. Yes, it looks like a drop. OTOH, Esse has been known to drop and rise again in the hour before shot time, so we'll see where she is in 10 minutes. That will let me know if she's rising or falling. What do I do if she's falling?? Run screaming down the street? I swear, after all the food last night, you'd think she'd be way up there. But no, she's continuing to stay low...and terrify the bean.

And let me be very clear - I cannot shoot a full dose at this number. Me, myself and I discussed this over coffee, and I just can't do that. I'm sorry, but I can't.

Back in 10 minutes w/ test numbers...

Best-
    Michele

11. Heather and Jasper

I agree with Cheryl. If the +12 is still going lower, we should stall a bit.

btw.. nice that there isn't a big bounce from the 39 yesterday, looks like someone has been paying attention in LTS

12. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS +12=95

Now what?

Best-
    Michele

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95

Do NOT go running down the street!! (lol!)

Stall 15 min. and re-test. And let Esse know she doesn't get to eat until her numbers are on the rise. Heather will guide you on adjusting the dose.

14. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95

No running down the street? But that's my favorite option!!

I'll test at 15 and we'll see...and will wait anxiously for Heather's help. I'm so tired...I really want to go btb for a few hours, you know?

Best-
    Michele

15. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95 +12.25=90

+12.25=90.

What's the plan? She's definitely dropping...should I put out some MC and see where she is in an hour? I can stall for a bit...but in a week, I need to have her at 6:15 shots am/pm...

According to the stickie on the top of the page, my options are either give a token dose, and see what happens, or stall/test/stall until I know she's on the rise. Esse, though, is somewhat complicated, as she doesn't have a regular up/down during the day. So I don't know what to do...I'd be all right feeding MC and shooting a token dose, but much more than that will take some 'splainin'...as for the test/stall/test...I can do that, too...

Best-
    Michele

16. Heather and Jasper

someone decided she wants to be the Queen of Green around here :mrgreen:

You have to do what you are comfortable with. She earned a decrease last night so she really doesn't need to earn another one today. If you shoot now and feed, remember to get a +1 off of it, but I wouldn't feed and wait before shooting. Since she already nadired last night (big time!) this looks like the famous Lantus Double dip.

17. Michele and Esse

Esse is indeed being the Queen of Green...LOL. She is at 12.66 at 96. So a bit of a rise, but not enough for me to think yippeeee, we're out of the woods.

Here's my concern, Heather. I shot 2.5 U at 161 last night; she went fast down to green, and then into low green, and then into white. That earned the decrease to 2.25. I haven't shot the 2.25 yet, and I'm actually quite concerned to do so, especially if she is doubledipping. Here's why I am concerned: if she's this low now, where will she go if I shoot the whole 2.25?

The stickie says a token dose can be shot; since I don't think Esse is going to come up anytime soon (and I've been terribly wrong before...), I was thinking that perhaps a 0.5U token dose could be done, with a check in a few hours to see where she is from that. After she goes through the day, we can see where her numbers are; she may go really high, and she may surf; with this cat, there's precious little predictability, you know? And I could probably be talked into a 1U shot for this morning, to be evaluated during the day, and then tonight decide on the right dose for her.

What thinks ye?

Best-
    Michele

18. Heather and Jasper

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95 +12.25=90 +12.66=96

thats the great thing about getting lower numbers when you are home is so you can see what would happen on a day that you won't be home.

you're comming up on +13 now, lets see what that number is. I don't want to stall to much because you will be glued to a schedule as of next week, but remember that a late shot = a dose decrease.

(sorry was stuck in IM land with my sister who I haven't talked to in a month)

19. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95 +12.25=90 +12.66=96

You definitely need to talk with sisters!!

Her +13=104. Happy me, although I still think it's way too low for a full 2.25...and I don't want to stall much past now either.

How does 1 unit sound? I can do that...I can't do 2.25, but I can do 1.

Best-
    Michele

20. Heather and Jasper

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95 +12.25=90 +12.66=96 +13=104

You need to shoot what you feel comfortable with. Just remember, Esse still might bounce from the 30's last night (some cats have a late response to a bounce) and she might zoom up after eating

21. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse, PMPS+12=95 +12.25=90 +12.66=96 +13=104

I shot 1 unit. I couldn't bring myself to do more. If she goes high and we need to go backwards, fine...but I just couldn't do more. I am a weenie.

She's very happy right now - I gave some Turkey/Salmon nfor breakfast, and am heading back to bed for about 90 minutes. We'll see where she is then...

Sigh.

Best-
    Michele

22. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10: Esse AMPS=104, shot 1 unit

Long night and tough decisions this a.m. for you!
    You are doing such a great job with it though! Im really impressed with the calm and sense of humor at the same time.

You gave me a few good chuckles with your comments this a.m. Hope the run down the street was not too cold!

23. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Another exciting day for Michele. I really was hoping she would be boring this morning with a yellowish number. But nooooo. It will be interesting to see how she does on this 1.0u dose. How cool would it be if she didn't bounce much from last night? I hope she doesn't.

Good luck.

24. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Wow...I went to bed at 12:30pm EST and missed half of the excitement.

Ya done good Michele! I suspect an East coast - West coast rivalry between Basil and Esse. Better keep an eye out on that relationship.

Hope you can find some time to rest today, you've certainly earned it.

25. Michele and Esse

They wouldn't let me run down the street, Carolyn! LOL...

And while I made a tough decision, I don't think it was the right one. She's at 269 now. OTOH, that is not too far off from yesterday's 240 at the same +2, and considering we were an hour late...

CD said:
    It would be great if she stayed right here...I'd be all right with a full yellow day after the last few days' worth of green and blue...(barely blue, mostly green).

But like I said, I think I blew it with only 1 unit. I couldn't shoot more - I tried to convince myself that it would be all right, but I just couldn't fill that syringe. Now, had it been vodka and an orange, I'd've been shooting 30 units with a big smile on my face. LOL...where's the weenie icon??

Best-
    Michele

26. Michele and Esse

No real rest...dozed instead of slept, and now I think I can actually sleep for another hour or so before heading to the barn.

And yeah, you missed it. Silly you, going to bed. I mean, really.

Will have to explore how an E/W coat rivalry works. Are we supposed to call each other names? Fine! Esse says: "hey look, Basil ol' buddy, we westies can outlast the easties any day of the week - with an earthquake thrown in, too! So there! Nyah." How's that for an opening shot? LOL, the fact that I didn't quite outlast Lydia notwithstanding...

Best-
    Michele

27. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10: Esse AMPS=104, shot 1 unit +2=269 I blew it...

Reading about your "fun" night last pm. ROFL "pancre-pain-in-theass" - Loved that!

You are not a weanie and you didn't blow it today. You are still relatively new at this and don't have alot of data to make you comfortable with shooting lower numbers - YET. You will be there and based on the progress that you have been making and based on how fast your "trial by fire" has been - you'll be there soon.

Shooting the lower dose today - will empty the shed some - you'll probably be able to sleep tonight, I'm guessing.

Hope you aren't draggin too much today and are out enjoying the barn.

BTW - you sure you're not a writter vs nurse? You have a great way with words!

28. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Michele: These are the chances we take when we BCS, furshot or reduce the dose. This number includes a food spike. See what some later numbers are. She may come back down. If not, you can always go up. Tuffy has made a career of that. She will get it. Have a good day and don't beat yourself up of this. Outcome is undetermined!

29. Michele and Esse

I've done some writing, but nursing pays better. What's really fun is to read some of the writing I've done about nursing school. LOLOL!!

She's up to 305. I feel badly that I didn't have the balls to shoot more than 1 unit, but that's what I did...and we'll live with the consequences. We can (and should) go up...and tonight, if she's still up there, I will have no second thoughts about shooting 2.25. I really hope that I can sleep tonight; I'm dragging, and had been battling a cold (the cold seems to have won - I've got cloggy head today), and I feel like sludge. So I'm not going up to the barn; but if I can sleep tonight, I will get to the barn bright and early.

Best-
    Michele

30. Michele and Esse

I wanted so much to have her stay yellow today...but she's pink at +4.5 I'll see where she is in an hour, and take it from there. I admit, I considered sneaking her an additional unit earlier, but figured that would throw everything CATawompus, so decided that was a stupid idea and chalked it up to being sleep deprived. LOL.

I just feel badly...I knew the consequences, but I couldn't do better. I think, though, that the next time this comes, I will be able to say to myself "look, you twit. Remember when you were too chicken sludge to shoot?? Yeah, suck it up and get to shootin'." So I've learned. I just hope it doesn't cost Esse too much; OTOH, she'll be happy that I'm not poking her every few minutes...

Best-
    Michele

31. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Everyone has to do it at least once. If you don't see what actually happens when you BCS then you will never really know, kwim? Esse will get back on track soon, and you have now gotten more data to help you with future decisions.

32. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10: Esse AMPS=104, shot 1 unit +2=269 I blew it...4.5=305

Cassandra got it right. You learn from doing and I don't know about you, but I learn more from my mistakes than if everything was perfect. You tend to remember the goof-ups way better. Chalk it up to another one of those 'learning experiences.' That is one of my favorite phrases... I use it a lot unfortunately, haha!

Now start singing... I wish I was an Oscar Meyer weiner, that is what I really want to be..

[​IMG]

33. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Michele)) don't beat urself up ok? I just caught up to the excitement here!
    You're a terrific bean to ur Esse! Give urself a break - try a Kit Kat!
    cat_pet_icon

34. Michele and Esse

You know, I had written yet another post decrying my inabilities as a kitty mom...and then I lost power. Now, it's a warm, uneventful day weatherwise, I've paid my bill (and they don't shut off on Sunday anyway), and what was the real clue was that my overhead light remained on. So I poked around, and discovered Esse and Malachi, playing catch with a green mousie (actually, that mouse has all the same colors as the ss...hrm...) and had managed to knock the surge protector askew, and then Esse sat on it.

I was sitting here, and wondering was going on, when all of a sudden that mousie went flying; and the biggest and smallest cats in the house flew after it. Malachi with his kitten energy and clumsiness, Esse at 16 pounds looking like a happy sumo wrestler on caffeine, as they bounded through the dining room, through the kitchen, and ended up sliding (both of them) into the washer and dryer. Dazed but not confused, Malachi located the mousie, and took off with it, Esse in lumbering hot pursuit. A sudden squeal from Malachi sent me into the bathroom, where Esse proudly had Malachi cornered in the bathtub, sitting on him, the mousie in her mouth. Last I looked, Malachi is free, Esse still is romancing the mouse in the bathtub, and I got my power back.

In other words, Esse is fine. She's higher than she's been recently, but she's fine.

And that, friends and neighbors, is what matters. The Kitteh abides.

Best-
    Michele

35. Barbara and tuffy

I was sitting here, and wondering was going on, when all of a sudden that mousie went flying; and the biggest and smallest cats in the house flew after it. Malachi with his kitten energy and clumsiness, Esse at 16 pounds looking like a happy sumo wrestler on caffeine, as they bounded through the dining room, through the kitchen, and ended up sliding (both of them) into the washer and dryer. Dazed but not confused, Malachi located the mousie, and took off with it, Esse in lumbering hot pursuit. A sudden squeal from Malachi sent me into the bathroom, where Esse proudly had Malachi cornered in the bathtub, sitting on him, the mousie in her mouth. Last I looked, Malachi is free, Esse still is romancing the mouse in the bathtub, and I got my power back.

In other words, Esse is fine. She's higher than she's been recently, but she's fine.

If you have a video camera, that would quualify for Funniest videos. Hope you have a good night.

36. Michele and Esse

Re: 1/10: Esse AMPS=104 +8.5 426 I blew it, I sure did.

No kidding, Barbara. It had me laughing.

'Kay, folks. She's +8.5=426.

What I'd like to do is either shoot 2.25 an hour early (6:30 pm), or shoot 2.5 at 7:15 pm (and try to get her back down through the times until she's at 6:15 am/pm). I know this is rebound and because I didn't have the balls to shoot a decent dose this morning. Newbies, please pay attention, all right? LOL. But still, I'd like to get back to yellow.

What say ye, all opinion-givers and angels? Friends (foes can pm me privately...)? Lantus users, new and old? I've got a few hours to make the decision, so let's hear your ideas!

Best-
    Michele

37. Barbara and tuffy

Re: 1/10: Esse AMPS+8.5 426 I blew it, I sure did. Dose?

IMHO I would wait and shoot the regular dose. If you shoot early it is like a dose increase. I'm sure others will be along with their thoughts. Good luck. I'll see what is going on here later tonight. Off to test, feed tuffy and then eat myself. I'm cold, tired and happy.

38. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Well Michelle, sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do.. (re: shot this AM)... live and learn...

Was reading your excitement from yesterday... woooheeee! I recall those days!
    Congrats on the dosecrease too!

So, Esse is at +8.25 (approx. ) right? You may be able to shot a "touch" early considering that it appears as though Esse has decided to be a rubber cat and bounce to rocketville. ... you know what today was and what tonight might be.... save a strip day! and catch up on sleepus! SOunds like this bean needs it!!!
    Let's see if someone else chimes in regarding the early start of the evening.

Hang in there!

39. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

eeeep, that's a little extreme, Esse!

If you want to move the time anyway, this seems like a good time to shoot early. If her numbers stays around this range, then an hour should be fine. And yes, if you do shoot early, I would go ahead and shoot the new dose because you never know for sure when rebound will break. Probably not tonight because there is the reduced shot in play too (so some of the new shot will go into refilling the shed), but you don't want to take that chance.

Hopefully she'll come down a bit before PMPS anyway. Lots of times they do. ((((Michele))))

40. Michele and Esse

I'm living and learning, Helene...I just wish I was perfect already, then I wouldn't have to do this at the cost of Esse's health.

Lib, Esse is an Xtreme Kat. Way low w/o expecting it, way high...she doesn't have much middle ground. She's a lot like me that way...LOL. Let me reiterate, and make sure I've got your message correctly:
    1. Shoot the 2.25 (the decrease earned last night).
    2. Shoot at 6:30 (+/-15) because I undershot today, as well as stalled the shot.

Did I get that right? Like I said, that's one of my options as I see it. Doesn't mean I know all the options, but that is the one I was thinking of in any case.

Barbara, did you go ride a bunch of horses today?? LOL...what's got you grinning, other than Tuff being a great kitty?

Best-
    Michele

41. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

LOL, I understand. Look at Lucy's spreadsheet. :lol:

Yes, unless Esse changes things up on us again by PMPS. You know, because she can. :mrgreen:

42. Michele and Esse

You know, Lib, if she thinks of it, she will change things up. LOL. And yes, it's just because she can.

Thanks. I'll post up at 6 pm PST, and we'll decide together then. Sound good?

Best-
    Michele

43. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Another exciting day for Esse!
    Chiming in with the rest of LL that you did exactly what most of us do the first time with a lower than normal number..
    You did good!

Congrats on the dosecrease - from last nights excitement! :D

44. Michele and Esse

PJ, she's so high right now, there's no way I could've done good. I just couldn't bring myself to shoot more than the 1 unit (and even that was hard...). I'm "glad" to know others were unable to shoot enough insulin too, the first time with such a low number and after such a tense night...know what I mean?

The rollercoaster begins again tonight...

Best-
    Michele

45. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

It is very hard to know what to do when those low numbers crop up. It will all straighten itself out. Um... I hope you didn't let Esse read your condo today 'cause you know what happens then!

46. Michele and Esse

LOLing at Sienne...nope, didn't let her read this, or Basil's, condos. Don't want her getting any ideas.

PMPS=392. Shot 2.25 units. Discovered the drawback to having a lancet pokey-thing in your robe pocket.

WCR: Fine...just fine. A little less energetic than last night, but fine nonetheless.

WBR: bought 50 strips last night, and can't seem to find the other bottle. Will find it, because if I can't, she will go green again (just because...).

Will update as the evening progresses. I told Esse a 400 point drop in three hours is unacceptable, and she just kinda looked at me...and ate dinner. So we'll see what's in her Essemind for the evening fairly shortly, I think.

Best-
    Michele

47. Michele and Esse

Does anyone know how catnip affects BS numbers? 'Cause I just put some down for everyone...and Esse is a happy, happy cat. Malachi is experiencing it for the first time...and he's stoned out of his mind right now (very very funny).

Just wondering...

Best-
    Michele

48. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

This has been quite a day for you Michele and I guess quite exciting last night which I will have to go back and read.
    I hope you get some sleep tonight. I really enjoy reading your posts......they make me smile. :mrgreen:

49. Michele and Esse

Yes, there was some excitement last night, a wuss at the helm this morning, and hell to pay now. LOL...

Glad to see you here, and even more glad that I can bring a smile to your face...it's nice to know that.

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.