1/10 Gussie AMBG 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-9-gussie-ambg-80.171058/
    AMBG 99:D
    Remission holding, Anti jinx, bad news is, so is the pancreatitis..
    Keeping All meds onboard still: Zofran, cypro, Bupe T, b12 injections and zobaline ..fluids and Pepcid too
    Eating some, grazing really, actually looked good earlier this afternoon, then backslid..the hallmark of whatever is going on with him..pancreatitis per the blood work but wondering as it shows no sign of abating despite throwing everything including the kitchen sink at it..

I have to have dental work tomorrow and the appointments in prep for the surgery on my eye lid to remove the basal carcinoma ( oh and work + required meetings there) coming up in the next couple of weeks so will have to do some serious juggling to figure out when I can get him in for an ultrasound. Things are kind of on hold calendar-wise until I get a surgery date as that I have to take, it's not like the surgeon will accommodate my schedule! Calendar boxes starting to have overlapping notes...:nailbiting:

It will depend too on when the ultrasound vet is onsite. I have very bad memories of this process from when my GA CRF cat had them, my vet was not even there ( tho I had been told he would be), little useful information was gained and the ultrasound person had no clue what and why we were requesting it and my knowledge was not up to the task of clarifying it for them....bad memories..may need some coaching for this go around:bighug::bookworm::bookworm:

I'm going to opt for the more expensive ultrasound appointment where it is a set appointment for Gus specifically, and I can be there and know it is being done, rather than the one where I leave him in a cage all day waiting for the traveling ultrasound vet. That way I can bring him home quicker and get him fed ( assuming he will eat). Tho that was the option I chose last time too..o_O

I might call the ER vet facility in town and ask if they have the equipment there and can do it if it is going to take too long for an appointment, but my vet likes the two Drs. he uses....hopefully I can get him in soon..are we really only 10 days into this new year???

I know he is just going to stay in this pattern of eating a day and then not, eating a day and not...and it's really not an ok pattern as I don't think he is eating enough to regain his health. No he is not comfortable most of the time.:(
    Good news is that when he is eating it is healthy good for him food..:cat:

Been dealing with server issues too so in and out...sorry..
    That's all the news from here..
    Sending vines to all:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Les, ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I like that idea. Maybe get a 2nd opinion from them too. My vet office will actually utilize the other vets in the office (there are 5) for 2nd opinions. Primary vet has brought in another vet to consult and review labs on Gizmo when he had pancreatitis. They are completely open to it which I truly appreciate.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  6. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Wow Leslie, you're going to have a total rebuilt of the upper end :). Teeth is
    not that tricky but eyes are somewhat more delicate. Hope they'll be carefull,
    we need you to be able to post !

Glad to know there is some inspection ahead for Gussie. Once the inside will
    reveal it's secret an action plan can be put tenderer. Hope food intake will resume,
    having sad kitties transpire into your own mood. The other way is also true,
    always nice to see a friendly fight between them then some licking affection.

That's a boost !

Hope it will come soon !

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hoping your day today going smoother❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

8. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well for you and Gussie today

9. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I hope today is a good day for Gussie and you too Les :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope everything went well today, Les. Thinking of you and Gussie.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.