1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, PMPS- 151, +3-325

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1881

Immediately following her shot, she headed for the kibble bowl. I gently redirected her attention to the fact I was going to get her bfast (wellness turkey). Its been 1hr 20 min since then...3 cans, and practically a bag of treats sprinkled on them...and she wont take more than a lick or two here and there. (do we have a pulling your hair out smilie?). She is acting fine. Not showing any signs of nausea. Just seems to be plain ol stubborn right now. And its not like she cant mosey on over to her kibble bowl at any point.

Im thinking maybe I should sprinkle some litter on her food...maybe that will do the trick. :?

She did not eat overnight and I believe has had enough this a.m. to prevent any white foamy vomit...but she will need to eat more, or it will come later this afternoon. For those who are not familiar with the regularity of that vomit and why....its due to tummy acid/empty tummy. It's important for her to have food in her tummy almost all the time to prevent this. Very common with conditions such as crf, pancreatitis, etc. Obviously if we are looking at potential metabolic acidosis no amount or kind of antacid will completely take care of symptoms. Other tx will be needed.

Thanks for letting me vent...off to sprinkle more litter...*cough*, *ahem*, I mean...treats on her bowl.

2. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228

Carolyn
    Sorry Latte is being fussy. But i read about the vomit, thanks for that info, Buddy did that this am, and has done it maybe 2 times before. It was just a little this morning, but didn'y know why. So is it something that is no big deal if he only does it every so often??? I fed him right after and he cobbled his food up and is sitting next to my keyboard trying to get some more scratches!!! :lol:

Jan

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

C'mon Latte......give your mama a break today! Hope the day goes ok for you Carolyn....
    but I don't think sprinkling litter is the way to go... :lol: That's MHO of course...hey, do you ever use
    the freeze-dried chicken flakes?

4. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +2.25- 139

Well, that got her eating!
    Let's hope it doesnt get her bouncin' as well.

Pat -
    Freeze dried chicken treats worked for many months over the summer. She LOVED them. Then it got old. Still have a jar and try on occassion. Now she insists on turning her low carb/grain free food into junk with whisker lickens. Sadly enough, I have fallen for it. :roll:

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I was going to suggest beating some of the kibble with a rolling pin (both so you would feel better and to make sprinkles for Latte's food) but I see you're already ahead of me on this! What a stubborn kitty! At least she knows what she wants, sort of!!

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +2.25- 139, +3.5- 101

Maybe she was saving up her appetite this morning in preparation for this drop.

She is quite off balance this morning...not too unusual over the last few months...but a little bit exacerbated today.

Thats actually a better idea to use the kibble than the whisker lickens. Its definately worth experimenting!

7. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

does she like fish? has she ever tried bonito flakes?

8. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS-228,+2.25- 139, +3.5- 101, +4.5-118, +6- 119

Ya, I bought some and returned it after she didnt know what to do with it.
    Someone sent me some a while ago as well. She looks at it all confused. Tried sprinkling on food...nope!

:eek: Confession time :eek: ...
    I think I may have given Latte a skinny 1.75 instead of a fat 1.5
    I was getting tired of fiddling with it so early in the a.m. I know it was not a 1.75. It was probably closer to a fat 1.5...maybe a BIG fat 1.5? :roll: Either way, Im not sure if I can replicate it again....unless of course it WAS actually a fat 1.5 :lol:

So, either the dose had a little more fat to it OR the kibble has fully cleared.

Whew! I feel better now! :thumbup

9. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS-228,+2.25- 139, +3.5- 101, +4.5-118, +6- 119

LOL. Both my kitties are the same way. You put bonito on their food and they stare at you blankly.

Hair pulling smiley just for you! - [​IMG]

10. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +7- 76! +8-69, +9- 76, +10-119

When my old arthritic gal starts jumping around from one piece of furniture to the next, crawling behind things, and howling at the non existent full moon....its her way of begging for an extra test (or two or three...).

Sure enough!

Kind of a strange time to drop so far.

She has eaten 1 can of fancy feast this a.m. and maybe a 1/4 can wellness in last half hour. No kibble!!!!!!!!!

ETA +8: ate another 1/2 can ff...trying to steer away from kibble where I would naturally find her in a situation like this. Wonder what she is gonna do here?!?! I swear I didnt really increase her dose!

11. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +11-101

Run down from unexpected late cycle curve:

+6 119
    +7 76
    +8 69
    +9 76
    +10 119
    (arent those funny numbers..couldnt decide which one she liked best - 76 or 119 :lol: )
    +11 101

I really want to shoot full fat, NOT fat 1.5 (see above posts for explanation on that :roll: )

Of course I am pretty nervous if it does not go up.

Words of encouragement...reminders as to why its okay...slap on the hand if its not a good idea...etc

What makes me nervous is that I work tomorrow...all day with no spot checks. Shooting this or near it *may* set her up for a low ride tomorrow w/o monitoring.
    Also, the last few days her pred cycle has not been giving me that night time buffer. Im not sure if its a breakthrough and planning to stick or just a different couple days.
    I will be home tonight, but would be best to not be up all night.

I understand my options....I just need a little finger holdin' I guess.

Of course because Im asking...she will rise a lot between now and then!

12. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +11- 101 (PM Shot support)

My shot time is not the best time for needing help, LOL...or maybe Latte's timing is not so great. ohmygod_smile

Im going to type out my thoughts in a public forum here and maybe I can reference it in the future when no one is around, to help remind me.

First, I looked at her ss for +11 in the same range. I see once she was 101@ +11 and rise about 40 pts by pmps...I would be comfy wiith that. Im pretty comfortable with anything 115 and above for evening shot.

I shot this same fat 1.5 @a 119 twice. Once was delayed 25min because pmps was green. Both times she bounced into yellows by mid cycle, helped by kibble and pred earlier in the cycle.

I dont think she has seen much green in the last week, so she will probably bounce at some point.

The pred potentially not being a great buffer anymore makes me nervous. So anything below 100 (if she does a dbl dip) I will wait 15 min and retest. After 15 min if its not rising I will shoot a bcd...undecided as of typing time....maybe 1.25 or 1.5

Thats the best I can do with a solo decision. Hope it turns out to be the right one.

Gotta go get all her meds ready....

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, +11- 101 (PM Shot support)

I like to see people thinking things through. :smile: You know your cat well, nice job.

14. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, PMPS- 151

Thanks Libby. Its really important to me that I make my own decisions for Latte based on things Ive learned. Its always been that way, in all aspects of her conditions/treatments. I feel helpless when i have to soley rely on others. This is not to say I wont be freaking out and needing assistance in the future...and , of course appreciating it.

Hopefully my decision making process was reasonable. Glad she let me off the hook and pulled it up a bit (maybe a little more than I had hoped :roll: )

We do have a bit of an eating issue, as she seems to be VERY full from all the food she grazed on during her outta the blue drop. She even refused her pred (comes in a compounded treat form), so I had to pill her. It wasnt pleasant. I did get a few tsp of babyfood to help with digesting the pred. Hopefully she will get hungry again soon.

15. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, PMPS- 151, +3- 325 (? on food intake)

:eek: :shock: HOLY CRAP CATMAN! :eek: :shock:

Im shocked! But I shouldnt be...she took not just one, but TWO nose dives today...one into what is apparently foreign territory to her again. angry(2)_cat

But in all seriousness...I only gave her a few tsp of babyfood after her shot because she was obviously full. I let her sleep because just as she would lay down to rest today, she would drop and was basically awake all day. She usually tries to eat around +3 or +4, a larger amount than after shot and she is not doing it yet. She also usually gets more food at shot time.

Im wondering if there is any concern for this outside of her other conditions, considering these high numbers? How long should I wait before I have to take the dreaded action with syringes?
    I must try to fill her up with wet as much as possible or if she does eat while Im sleeping she WILL devour the kibble...and then....I dont even want to know where she will be in the a.m.

I was really hoping for a u/a that did not show sugar in the urine tomorrow. Crap!!!!!!

So again...any concerns with insulin...high numbers...and not eating for tonight?

oh- not a false reading. 2nd reading was 321. Insulin is gone from syringe and it was not a fur shot. Only different thing other than wacky numbers was that she got a steroid pill vs a compounded version of pill. Should be same strength, unless it has a different type of release?

16. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, PMPS- 151, +3-325 Not Eating! Concerns

Im sorry to be a pain, but she will not eat and has not eaten since about amps +10.5

I do NOT want to syringe feed her unless its very important to get food into her with these high numbers. I understand the importance with low numbers, but unsure of the reprecussions with high numbers except possible ketones?

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

she has eaten a good bit today, right? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned. She doesn't have to eat around the clock and this doesn't sound like inappetance to me (unless you're seeing something different, you are there with her).

18. carolynandlatte

She has eaten enough, but needs something before bed for other medical reasons (or she will vomit).

Is there a point with high numbers I should be concerned with her not eating so I know in advance and can take care of it myself?

Also, I think she just feels like crap...she has been all over the board, bouncing around today. She does not show signs of nausea...just blah.

19. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

I've got zero advice, but I'll hold your hand for a bit, all right?

Best-
    Michele

20. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/10 Latte AMPS- 228, PMPS- 151, +3-325 , +4- 403

Im more freaked with the higher numbers than lower ones these days.

This is way wrong.

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Step back for a second here and look at Latte's SS. It's not a SS that is mostly pink. It's largely a yellow and blue SS.

From the amount that she at at +10, It's no surprise Latte's not hungry! You do such a good job balancing her food needs, being finicky, and making sure she eats.

22. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Maybe some light belly rubs will chase away some of those blahs.
    Hope you have a blahless day tomorrow, Latte.

23. carolynandlatte

sienne
    Its hard to see the whole picture when suddenly you see a number that is very foreign to you (*cough - 400?!?!?!? :shock: ). I not only worry about tonight, but the cycle of rebounds we are probably heading into now. But I hear ya and Im trying to calm down.

She started eating both kibble and wet in her ravenous manner when she drops, about 20 minutes ago. Pred should be wearing off at this point, so I wouldnt doubt that is happening. She is still going to be quite high in the a.m., and possibly drop quickly by the time I have to walk out the door...leaving me with worry all day.

I've got her bag packed for tomorrow's appt (food, meds, pee pads, etc). Its going to be a long day and a lot of rushing around between work, her appt, and meds/feeding. Guess I started getting a tad more stressed about that as the evening went on as well.

I will do a bed test in a while here. May not get to posting it, as I will be crawling in bed almost immediately.

Thanks for the support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.