1/10 Max AMPS 392

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning
    2nd cycle 4.75

I made a little mistake this morning. I decided to try my new Relion Meter last night and had a BTC reading of 262 vs 318 from the OTU2.
    I did not expect there to be such a huge difference.
    This mornings AMPS was with the Relion. I still have some strips from the OTU so I will finish those today and change meters. Should there be such a big difference?

WCR: lying on daddy bean now getting a wonderful brushing, as he grooms himself too.
    Very alert and ate well this morning. No urine on the carpet which is nice. Stocked up on new fresh litter yesterday.

Yesterdays' Condo

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There can be as much as a 20% difference between meters and between tests on the same meter. It's normal error variance. There are any number of people here who have done meter comparisons. Often the differences are the biggest at the upper and lower ends. Usually, the conclusion is to pick a meter and stick with it otherwise, you will probably drive yourself nutty.

Is Max peeing outside of the box something new? This is can be a sign of a UTI. Have you seen him at the box and is he straining?

3. Randi & Max (GA)

I was hoping to be able to switch between the 2 meters since I was getting the test strips for the OTU from my dad who is diabetic and the insurance pays. The problem is that I was going through too many of them (lol) so I got the Relion which is cheaper, but not cheaper than free.

I have few more strips and then I will stick with the Relion.

It is not uncommon for max to go outside the litter box and I have never been able to understand it. There are no UTI or straining. I have been down this road many times with him and put the litter box in the place where he goes on my carpet.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Randi

sorry I'm late to pay a visit. That's an interesting sunny yellow with the Relion. Stick with it ok? And let's see what happens, and yes - u will drive urself crazy if u begin to doubt the meters. Trust me I have three of them and just stopped buying strips for all three and stuck with one.

Hope ur having a good day!

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Left Max at home while I went to Mama Mia.
    Seems to have had a quiet day.

I'll stick with the Relion, I just don't have the warm and fuzzies about the calibration of it.
    The numbers are so weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.