1/10 Ming PMPS = 76, +2 = 99, +4 = 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-9-ming-amps-79-8-301.224093/

I'm at work and my mom is monitoring.

I had a feeling 5 units was a lot but now I don't know if it's because he's breaking the bounce (if he was bouncing at all) or if 5 units is actually too much. This is crazy!

Sorry to tag you again @Wendy&Neko but any insights? He's right at 40 but I think I will take the reduction. My mom should have a new test soon.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Crista & Ming

Back up to 50 at +6.5.

3. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Did he get a snack or go up on his own?

Ming the Magnificent and all his tricks :smuggrin:

4. Crista & Ming

Apologies! He had some HC with some LC which is all the info my mom gave me lol. I’ll add that into the SS when I have time

5. Crista & Ming

+7 = 47

Ming...

6. Crista & Ming

My mom’s pulling out the honey

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Crista & Ming

Also wanting some clarification, Wendy, when you say: “IAA breaking after a year” does that mean the IAA stop resisting insulin after a year?

When Ming pulls these stunts, I can’t help but wonder if he’s got IAA.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's a year plus or minus for IAA. Neko it was 9 months, right after her SRT. It's not a suddenly all at once thing. But around that time, the antibodies seem to stop latching onto the injected insulin to the same extent and doses come down. Can't say I know much about what's happening at the cellular level.

I would go down to 4.5 units next. I know under 5.0 units changes are by 0.25 units, but if this is a case of IAA breaking, caution is key. And I wouldn't wait until reductions under 40 as per long term diabetics. You can always go back up if needed.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Crista & Ming

Thanks @Wendy&Neko i don’t have time to do the SS but he did go back down to 38 (2.1).

We’re going to give 2 units tonight

Sonia & Leo and Si am cat mom like this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

:banghead::banghead: Ming!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  11. Crista & Ming

Well, I'm finally home and I updated Ming's SS.

All my mom wanted to do today was buy some bread and she couldn't because Ming was being a BAD BOY lol!!!!!!

In all seriousness, if this is IAA breaking, I am both a little scared and also very excited. I really really really really really wish I did that IAA test when I did the acro.

@Wendy&Neko do you think it would be beneficial at all to do that test now, if potentially, the IAA are losing their "strength"?

I have to go read some more about IAA.

12. Wendy&Neko

I put a lot of what I have collected about IAA in a post here. Ask yourself, what would you do different if you knew for sure Ming had IAA, or did not?