1/10 Morris PMPS 270 - The 65 was a false reading :cry:

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1970

WCR: Morris doing fine, eating well, but the puddingpoo continues. How long does the probiotic take to work?...he started it on Friday, today is his third dose, and if anything it appears to be even runnier. Taking him to the vet tomorrow if I don't see improvement by then. At least he gets enough water and isn't dehydrated...yet. :-|

I'm hoping that skipping his shot on the first day of the reduction to .10 doesn't mess up the dosecrease....if it does, well up we go! dancing_cat Doin' the sugar dance!

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

dupe

:lol: how do you delete duplicate posts?

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/10 Morris AMPS 232

Well, those are very good AMPS....wow....that is so good....

Glad your heater is fixed...LOL...this is ridiculous!!! The sun is out now, doing absolutely
    nothing for the temps, and I am dreading tonight!! BRrrrrrrr!!!

Last night, it was as cold here as it was on the Cape...DD is still here and dreading the trek backup north!
    Hope you keep warm!

Sorry about the feeder...what are you going to do? Can you fiddle with the way you are seating the tray? And then manually move the compartment to line up with the opening? Sometimes it just needs a little adjustment.....or are you just going to bring it back?
    I am so happy that he didn't go crazy after the smaller dose last night....good job Morris!

4. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/10 Morris AMPS 232, +4~202, +7~254

Thanks for the encouragement Pat...I've been kinda bummed to see yellow all day (his +4 was 202 and +7 was 254) but I guess it could have been worse! :razz:

As for that dratted feeder...I fooled with it and now it turns but it gets hung up and makes a ratcheting noise that wakes the dead (well, it woke me from a dead sleep anyways). :lol: I bought it from Petco online and fortunately they let you return to the store and since it was a special code for free shipping I won't be out any $$$. However, I still need a way to feed Morris when I'm not home and would also like to not get up in the middle of the night to feed. I'm afraid to get another of the same feeder though. Maybe I'll just try the two seater one...if I put down a beginning dish and then have two other timed feedings, that should be OK for most occasions. Which one, if any, do you use??

And yeah, this cold has me really bummed too... cat(2)_steam ... the heat just doesn't seem to "heat" enough and I'm cold all the time. Forget going outside :eek: :shock:

Stay warm! :D

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/10 Morris AMPS 232 +10~65

Of course, since I'm headed out the door for a night out, he's 65 at +10. Gave a little medium carb gravy and a couple of Temptations...hope he doesn't go too low while I'm gone. nailbite_smile I'll only be gone a couple of hours....at least it looks like the .10u is OK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

6. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hi Brenda: Hope you come home to a nice number. I have a timed feeder, it is a Cat Mate from Petmountain. I have not had any problems other than Tuffy trying to prematurely activate it.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

I bought the 5 meal ones from Petsmart....it's the Petsafe one...
    I am home all the time so I haven't used them regularly though. The have both the 5 meal one and the 2 meal ones
    at Petsmart too I believe....at least if it didn't work when you got it home, you could exchagne it right away..
    so annoying, isn't it? Good luck with it anyway...

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

gooooo Morris! Whew, I'm glad to see that 65. :mrgreen:

9. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/10 Morris The 65 was a false reading...grrr

Turns out that the 65 was a false reading....grrr. The Reli-on strips have a new packaging that mentions a new meter called Confirm. The packaging says Confirm/micro test strips for use with ReliOn Confirm and Micro blood glucose me4ters only. The pharmacy assured me they are the same strips as before just with new packaging and they look the same. However, the very first one out of the box gave me the 65. I fed a bit of gravy to bring him up since I was going out and congratulated myself that the dose reduction was a good thing. :D

Then after waiting 30 minutes, I retest and he was 278, then 308 five minutes later....no way was that a food spike! So the 65 was a false reading and Morris had a nice mc snack. When I came home (an hour late for PM shot drinking09 ) he was 270. Shot the .10u and have my fingers crossed it will be bringing him down in the next few days. The last time when he was reduced to .25 it took about 5-6 cycles before I started seeing numbers in the 100s and lower so I am prepared. However, if I start seeing mid-300s and up, he's going back up! cat(2)_steam

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope you take the strips back, given that you were provided with incorrect information. That's so annoying!

This is the feeder I use - it's the Petsafe model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.