1/11 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

day 12 ... 113

... and there's the upward creep. Not surprised, and I'm pleased he seems to be staying lower for longer after each shot, and has been acting great lately - playful, hind legs looking good, etc.

I'll check again tonite and if he is creeping up, I'll probably shoot a small dose again - that strategy has been working well thus far, but I don't want to shoot on this # unless he's clearly headed upwards. He just had a snack, so maybe that will bring things back down anyway.

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hmmm, upward creep indeed. Hopefully it was due to food, and if not, a small dose will take care of him. My vet said that some cats just need a regular dose, whether it's once a week or once a month or whatever. She said she has one kitty who gets a dose about once every four weeks, but she couldn't remember what insulin he's on.

Bix, you don't have to have higher BGs to star on ATBGR/L, you know. We will let you be on it no matter what your numbers are. :)

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Even if you have to give a small amount, Bix's pancreas is doing most of the work. So that's good news! I am so happy that he needs insulin so rarely. It's so much better for him.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

9 hrs since the last check, up about 10 pts to 122 [yes, I know how absurd that is to consider it a rising #, but I don't want him hanging in diabetic #s for an extended time period!], so I went ahead and shot 0.4u (last time I shot that the PS was about the same - I debated lowering the dose a bit, but it's been working so well, and 0.2u has been useless the past few times I tried it, so I stuck with 0.4). Since this meter seems to run low, I feel fairly comfortable his real # is closer to 150 than 120. The whole thing is weird and confusing frankly, but so far this strategy has shown improvement for him in lower #s for several days, and the # of days seems to be extending too. Hoping the pattern continues (or even better, he stays in nice DDs from now on)!!!

That's weird about cats maybe needing a shot once a week or once a month. I've not come across that before, though I have seen mention of cats who are close to remission still needing some insulin support off & on for a few weeks as their pancreases continue to heal. I'm hoping Bix is in that category, but if somehow he ends up a once a week lifer, I can live with that!!!!

dancing_cat

5. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Weird and confusing; that's how we roll here in PZI! :D

I am hoping for the same thing for you and Mr. B! We need a "cat with paws crossed" smiley!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.