1/11 Gussie AMBG 82

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-10-gussie-ambg-99.171147/
    AMBG 82:D
    Not a lot of sleep last nite, Gussie was up grazing off and on thru the nite and I was sure as heck not going to let an empty bowl greet him when he went looking!
    I made an appointment for his ultrasound on the 17th, this coming Tuesday at 9:30 am. They want him to fast so I wanted the first morning appointment they have. It's $450.00 for the "private" set appointment. I hope they can pinpoint what is ailing him...
    Going to sign off early, had lots of dental work today and head is imploding along with no feeling in my face! Going to keep trying to get Gus interested in food and nap a bit..
    Thank you all for your ongoing support!

Today is our two month OTJ annifursary! Thank you all for getting us there, I know we could never have accomplished it without your expertise, encouragement, laughter, propping me up when giving up seemed a wiser option, and for being the best teachers I have ever had the honor to learn from:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Thank you all:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Nat & Fluffy, Dyana, HWright and 2 others like this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you get some rest tonight, Les. Give your cats some slobbery kisses from all of us.

HWright and Barbara & Uncle (GA) like this.
  3. Gussie's mom (GA)

Will Do!! Thanks Kel!

HWright likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Appy vines continuing to flow Gussie's way. :bighug: I am glad you got the U/S coming up soon. The private scheduled ones are worth it. I'm doing one with the civie on Friday (the 13th :rolleyes:), and I'll be there to hold his head and calm him down throughout. It's worth it to me and almost the same price as a U/S at the specialty clinic. I like being able to ask the U/S doc questions. It's just a follow up, nothing urgent.

Healing vines for your mouth too. :bighug::bighug:

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gussie is eating and you were able to get the ultrasound scheduled so soon. I hope you recover from your dental quickly. Sending prayers.

6. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:for you and Gussie

7. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Good thing this day is almost done for you. Hope you feel better tomorrow!

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I've pad $450-550 for tge ultrasounds but was never allowed to be there. I hope you get answers. Vines for your mouth and for tge US and appy for Gussie.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Gussie, you've got to eat for yourself and also for your mamabean tonight! Feel better tomorrow, Les! We'll be thinking good thoughts for the ultrasound.

Hugs and scritches,

10. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks all...I think that the combo of keeping cypro, Zofran and Bupe in his system at all times plus the heavy dose of LL mojo is encouraging him to keep eating. He is currently eating the H rabbit. I need to find an add in to make sure he gets the taurine he needs and other vitamins and minerals..but am going to have to add stuff carefully so as to not put him off eating again.
    I hope they will let me be there for the ultrasound, will definitely ask..my recollection was that they didn't the last time, tho when I had one done at the cardiologist for GA Jett they did do it in the room with me there.
    Are they going to shave him?? That will not go well un sedated if so....
    Sending good scan vines to you and your civvies appointment @Wendy&Neko :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  11. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, they will shave his sweet belly. And we'll want pictures! We love bare kitty bellies!

I'm so glad to hear that Gussie's been eating today for you (anti-jinx). Sorry you feel so crummy. A good night's sleep is what you need. I hope you get one.

Sending healing vines for you, appy vines for Gus an advance deposit of u/s vines.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Gussie's mom (GA)

Oh I am bummed to hear they will do that....hope his heart holds thru that...

HWright likes this.
  13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Since they are fasting him, they may sedate him if it seems he will be too agitated. Don't stress about it, Les! They know what they're doing.

BTW, I forgot to say happy 2 month Annifursary! Yay for OTJ!!

HWright likes this.
  14. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Tricia! It's weird because I specifivpcally asked if I should give his meds, including Bupe the day of and they said yes..guessing they don't know the Tasmanian devil they will be trying to shave...even trimming his toenails I have to purrito him in the bed quilt and apologize to the neighbors for the noise, assuring them a call to the SPCA is really not necessary....

15. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Well, they didn't always sedate my cats for u/s at UCD, but they often didn't tell me to fast them, either. I guess that's because they knew mine were pretty calm and cooperative...with them! It might also be because they are doing the abdomen and don't want food in the intestine.

HWright likes this.
  16. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yes, fasting is best. I took Ginger to the ER once hoping to talk to an Internal Medicine doctor and she got an ultrasound and they saw a dark mass in her intestines and just couldn't be 100% certain if it was stool or not. Because it was a holiday, and all their ultrasound vets were off the rest of the weekend (I think it was Thanksgiving), I had the ER vet call around to find another vet at another ER hospital, that could do an ultrasound, that was working, for another fasting ultrasound, the next day. It was poo.
    :bighug:
    I hope you both have a good day today, Gussie eating and you feeling better.

18. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good morning Les.
    Hoping you got some sleep last night and that the effects of all the dental work intensities have cleared out. Glad Gussie is eating and that you've both found the small meal feeding pace and meds mix that is working out.
    Mini meals good.

Happy 2-month OTJ anniversary for you and Mr. Grazing Gussie. ❤️❤️❤️Time flies. I don't know how to do dancing emojis but if I did know, there'd be a ton of them! So I'm sending them to you and Gussie in virtual energy vibes!

Glad To hear Gussie's ultrasound is next week. the traveling u/s vet who prevails around here is a less than ideal situation. So, I'm looking for a place to get an U/S for Spunky bc she definitely will need sedation (fear aggression).

Know what you feeling when you wrote about visceral memories popping up when these kinds of tests are in the vectors again. please try not to worry. you and Gussie have heaps and heaps of crossing paws, vines and hugs from near and far !!!

Tons of vines, too, that today will be a more gentle day all around for you and your tribe. Keep eating your fuds, Gus and heap on lots of snuggle purrs with your bean...she's had a rough go of things lately too❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Love ❤️and hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Sina and Sootie's tribe
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

(I got confused when you mentioned GA Jett...an Jett earlier than your civie Jett with the eye issue?)

Nat & Fluffy likes this.
  19. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Appy vines continue for Gussie, along with some early U/S vines, too!

HWright likes this.
  20. Nat & Fluffy

Nat & Fluffy Member

hey girl :bighug::bighug::bighug: so happy to see Gussie continues to be otj!!! And I hope you get some much needed rest! Last night Fluffs kept pawing at me letting me know his BG was a little high :blackeye: Whatever, I can live on 5 hours of sleep haha!
    I hope the vet goes well :bighug::bighug: thinking of you and Gus!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.