1/12, Boomer, +11=74, AMPS=85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

I shot .25 (not fat) because he threw up yesterday because I didn't have budesonide; I will pick it up tonight.

Basically I chose going to the gym over picking up my cat's meds last night because I feel like my ENTIRE life runs around him and sometimes it's too much. So I come home to a ginormous pile of puke and then later while I'm sleeping (I hear everything) he threw up again. He'll probably throw up today too. I left out food for him just in case.

I guess I'm getting my answer to "will he ever be able to get off budesonide?" NO seems to be the answer.

And then I have a coworker come up to me in the kitchen telling me her boss, (our CFO $$$) is looking to "re-home" his two 8-year old cats (perfectly healthy) because they are down-sizing now that their daughter went to college. What CRAP! He just wants to pawn his inconvenient cats off to someone else so he can travel more and not have any responsibilities. I can't stand people who give away their pets because they are not convenient any more. Infuriates me! cat(2)_steam

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Sending anti pukus vibes your way

3. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

(((Traci)))
    sounds like things are crappy for you right now.

At times it does feel like we run our lives around our diabetic kitties-don't feel guilty if every now and then you put you first, your entitled to a life too.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the meds your giving Boomer, maybe Cassandra does or Choy Foong, they seem to have used various ones over time.
    Breat AMPS today :mrgreen:

As for your boss, sadly there are too many people in this world who can only think of themselves. You can only hope that there is such a thing as karma and it will come back and bite him on the A$$$!!!! (Hopefully you at least just smiled)

Hope today is beter for you guys

4. Traci and Boomer

Hi Kate-

Yeah I'm in a pissy mood right now. TBH, I am worried about Boomer's BG's while I am at work. What if he pukes and his BG drops and he doesn't have enough food? I have an appointment tonight after work and won't be home until +11 or after because I then have to pick up his pills. I'm not usually so busy.

Boomer has IBD and it seems that he needs his pills every day or else he'll puke. He's fine as long as he's on them - no symptoms. He's been sick since he was a baby but I've got it under control. He used to be on pred for the IBD and that's what gave him the diabetes!!! Supposedly the budesonide doesn't cause/make the diabetes worse.

I know people think I'm a nut because I have a cat with daibetes and I take care of him. Why is that so strange? I'm sick of people thinking I'm such a "cat person" (AKA:freak) because I take care of my pet. He's my f'ing responsibility and I'm not just going to let him suffer because it's inconvenient. Not many people seem to get this. The girl who told me about her boss wanting to pawn off his cats felt really bad when she heard that Boomer now has diabetes and she told me that I "haven't had good luck with cats" (because I lost a 3-year old to acute pancreatitis last year). Why couldn't she just say that my cats are lucky to have me as their fur-mom instead of me "having bad luck with cats"? it makes me feel like crap. Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening.

5. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hey-turn that on it's head!!

Special needs kitties come to you! :mrgreen: They know you will do the very best you can for them.

I totally understand what you mean about people perceiving you as some kind of a cat freak, but your not. As you say, you, along with everyone else here are people who take their responsibilities seriously and when you say fur baby you mean furbaby not 'family pet' in it's weakest sense.

I know it's hard, you've just got to rise above it. Could always turn it around and put it back to her-'Oh so you wouldn't treat your sick pet then, mmm yeah, your probably right, your not a real animal lover' I think that might shut her up a bit!

As for Boomers Bg's, .25u is quite a small dose, so hopefully he wouldn't drop too low. Only thing is to leave out more food than he needs if your worried.

He's definitely going in the right direction :mrgreen: Definitely a good mommabean in my book drinking24

6. Traci and Boomer

Thank you for your support; it really helps.

I notice you're from Germany! Where in Germany? I've visited. I know Monique and Ella are both from Germany too.

7. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

No probs.

I'm middle of the North, about an hour from Hanover. Monique is far south.
    Do you mean Ella and Spacey?

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I can relate. My gym schedule is a joke. I've been there so infrequently that I keep wondering why I'm paying for a membership!

As far as other people are concerned, some of the people I know don't get it at all. My good friends, the ones I care about, will work our plans around Gabby's shot time. There will always be people who are insensitive and who will never understand putting any creature's best interests above their own. Feel sorry for them. You know how Boomer has contributed to your life and how your life is better for it. You also know what those people who can't open their hearts are missing out on.

9. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I hope Boomer is feeling better tonight. His numbers are perfect. :D

10. Traci and Boomer

<<I'm middle of the North, about an hour from Hanover. Monique is far south.
    Do you mean Ella and Spacey?>>

Yes, Ella and Spacey. I've been to the Munich area and south of that. Are you German or from somewhere else first? ;-)

11. Traci and Boomer

Hi Sienne-

Thanks for your support. Luckily my DBF understands me and "gets it" about Boomer. He's the same way with his pets. I don't tell many people about the Boomer because the way some people react really annoys me. Dave even has an acquaintance who is a VET and even SHE said "wow, that sounds like a lot of work, I don't know if I'd do that" after he told her what I do for Boomer. Oooohhhh, that made me mad. :evil:

PS - how do you pronouce your name? I've been trying to figure it out.

12. Traci and Boomer

Re: 1/12, Boomer, AMPS=85, +11.5=105

No puke during the day!!! Yay, the vibes sent must have worked :lol:
    He seems fine and had a good PM number and he's back to a ravenous appetite.
    I picked up his pills, $67 for 60 pills. Does anyone know if that's a good/fair price for budesonide?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.