1/12 Ming PMPS = 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-11-ming-pmps-265-4-142-6-65-7-47-7-5-52.224189/

And the fun continues!

Now I'm wondering if this counts as another dose decrease to 3.5 or if this is the 4.5 units talking? I also tested twice and got the same reading.

I don't want to tag you, Wendy, as I'm sure you'll see my post lol! I am being particularly needy lately haha!

FYI to those tuning in: I think something is happening with Ming. I highly suspect, if he has IAA, that it's breaking now and as a result, we're seeing low numbers and having to decrease quite dramatically this past week.

2. Crista & Ming

Or perhaps I'm destabilizing the depot with all these different doses. Yikessssss

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ok, you caught me! :p I would go down to 3.5 units next. Hard to tell with the dose jumping around and BCS, but better to go low and work your way back up if needed.

Sonia & Leo and Crista & Ming like this.
  4. Crista & Ming

Yeah I was thinking that too.

This is wild! Will do another test in 15 minutes.

IMG_7192.jpg

Took some photos of him while he was resting in his box just now.

5. Crista & Ming

+8 = 43

He just ate the LC I left for him at +7 so I think I'll see what that does and test in 30 minutes.

Sonia & Leo and Si am cat mom like this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Ming comes up and surfs a little higher for you.

7. Crista & Ming

Me too but nope haha!

+8.5 = 41

I gave him a tbsp of HC.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

I see a new avatar! Better get one in the sunshine while you can.:rolleyes:

So, doesn't this feel a little like a dose roller coaster? Julie used to call it dialing for doses. :p

9. Crista & Ming

I went looking for that term and then read this post after you mentioned it and lol we're doing exactly this! I was a little worried that what I was doing was "bad". You know, it goes against a lot of what I've been taught here: dose consistently as to not disrupt the depot, back to back reductions aren't always good, etc.

10. Crista & Ming

Oh I totally took advantage of the nice sunlight that just disappeared in the last 5 minutes. I took some photos of him in the golden light. I'll share them soon!

Also there is ZERO snow here. I saw some big raindrops for a minute. My coworker did post a photo of the snow at work but I guess I'm far too close to the water for snow. We'll see what Wednesday brings us.

11. Crista & Ming

I thought this was interesting to read from Sandy and Black Kitty:

:eek::eek::eek: 2 months!!! Oh boy!

12. Wendy&Neko

We have about an inch of soggy snow. Melting fast but will probably freeze overnight.:nailbiting:

Rules are made to be broken when IAA breaks. I got to know one of our South African members quite well. She was up the nights that I was with Neko in dose freefall.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  13. Crista & Ming

Ugh that's the worst! Hope everyone stays safe out there when that happens too.

+11 = 74
    Yay! He's rising on his own. I'll feel good shooting 3.5 units tonight.

I just uploaded the photos I took this afternoon of Ming. And if you scroll further down, there are other cats featured. I wish I could be a full time cat photographer sometimes :joyful:

14. Wendy&Neko

Some great paw shots of Ming. :kiss: For a while I had a gig as the photographer for the local shelter's Petfinder ads. Pay was louse (none) but I loved when someone came in to see a cat because of the photo or description I posted.

15. Crista & Ming

Lol @ the pay. :rolleyes:

That's so cool! And a great idea. I might look into that (when I'm not so busy lol!)

16. Crista & Ming

70 @ +11.75
    61 @ 12.25

Hmmmmmmmmmmm................. I was hoping for a number over 80 to make things easier. :facepalm:

@Wendy&Neko what do you think? I can monitor tonight. I do have work tomorrow but who needs sleep, right? :woot:

17. Crista & Ming

PMPS = 92

Prayers answered. Just had to whine about it I guess. Lol! Only half an hour off schedule. No biggie!