1/12 Slashy AMPS 350 Wont eat.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Slashy & Rick, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Do you have anything that you can put on top of the food as a topper? some chicken dust (from freeze dried chicken) or some Parmesan cheese? Both of those have worked when Jasper wasn't hungry.

3. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

There is something more going on. Confired w/ Vet.. gave him a BCS at 4.5, testing at +1 and going to the Vets for the day.

Thank you!

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

sending good vet vines

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hope nothing to bad is wrong with Slashy....sending good vettie bean vines your way.

6. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Re: 1/12 Slashy AMPS 350 +1 378

Off to vet, be there in 40 min.

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so glad you will be at the vet for the day....he should be watched carefully and you will
    be at the right place. No food is not a good thing..
    Did the vet say to shoot him even though he hadn't eaten?
    Hope Slashy will be okay....
    Will be looking for your update....

8. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Oh, I hope Slashy will be OK nailbite_smile ....sending vet vines....~~~~~~~~Slashy~~~~~~~~~~

9. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Yes, vet said go ahead w/ shot. I made the decision to go BCS (4.5 down from 5). 350 is pretty high. It was also my call to stay at home until +1 to get a test.

Rick

10. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Not such good news from the Vet. He has some off the scale liver tests. I don't know the details yet. Going up to see him in 2 hours and will get more details on the liver then. He has been vomitting even tho he hasnt eaten. He is on IV fluids. Seems like on the good side he may just have a stomach bug, on the bad side, pancreatitis and/or hepititis.

He can't come home tonight :( I am going to miss my Little Buddy.

11. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Poor Slashy. I'm so sorry he's not feeling well and has to stay over tonight. Hopefully, it's just a stomach bug.

12. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

13. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

(((Rick-Slashy))) Hope he feels better soon and can come home tomorrow. Good think you caught it. He is one luck kitty to receive the care he does. Snowflakes and healing vines on their way.

14. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Poor Slashy and poor you! I hope Slashy is feeling better soon.

15. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Thank you all for the kind words.

Cassandra - thank you for the info. Just reading this at a glance.. symptoms dont seem quite the same. He was fine and eating at approx 3am last night, his usual self. Vomitted at approx 4 and wasnt himself at all after that, hence visit to the vets. Did not seem to be in pain at all... just wanted to sleep. Vet says he has vomitted a couple more times today.

I am trying to keep my chin up and hoping for a stomach bug.. One of our others puked in a big way yesterday morning. Unusual for him.. when he vomits it is normally just a puddle of spit.

16. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I hope Slashy gets feeling better while at the vet's. I was wondering you said another also vomit yesterday; is there anything that they could have gotten into that is bothering both of them?

Let's hope for something like a bit of flu; when will you hear from the vet with an update again?

17. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

I dont think there was anything they - we have 3 others and a dog, they are all fine -could have gotten into, although you never know. Just came from the vets. He was awake but week. Purred a little for me. He is on IV fluids and nutrients. Also on pepcid. Hoping this will stop the vomitting so they can try to feed him.. hopefully tonight. I am going there first thing in the am to see him, get an update and give him his morning meds.

Wish us luck.

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that Slashy is at the vet, but it sounds like that is the best place for him to be right now. It wouldn't hurt to ask them to do the Spec fPLI test for pancreatitis, it is so common in our diabetic cats and often overlooked by vets. It's a simple blood test and will answer a lot of questions.

19. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

I certainly will ask. They did a variety of tests today.

ALKP was 120 U/L Normal is 14-111

ALT was over 1000 normal is 12-130

GGT was 6 U/L Normal is 0 to 1

LIPA was 5239 U/L Normal is 100-1400

I dont really know what this all means, other than it is off the charts high.

20. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Slashy Blood Chemistry

Sorry I can't help you with the blood chemistry.
    Sending feel better soon vines your way!

Attached Files:

21. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hoping will be alright....feel so bad for you ...know you will miss him tonight but it's best
    that he is getting that care now....hoping for the best possible results....

22. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Rick/Slashy; hope he is doing better in the morning. Thoughts and prayers your way. Lucky Kitty that he has you for a bean. Doing all you can.

23. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Keeping you and Slashy in our thoughts tonight, Rick. I hope he improves soon.

24. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Get copies of the test results, and write on the papers what explanation you get from your vet.
    I was just googling and reading; I'd like to know too.

ALKP (Alkaline Phosphatase) elevations may indicate liver damage, Cushing’s disease, and active bone growth in young pets. This test is especially significant in cats.

ALT (Alanine Aminothansferase) is a sensitive indicator of active liver damage but does not indicate the cause.

25. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Hoping for good results in the morning....sending more vines for Slashy~~~~~~~~~~~~Slashy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ and hugs for you ((((((((((((((((((((Rick))))))))))))))))

26. Slashy & Rick

Slashy & Rick Member

Thanks again for the positive thoughts. Going to see him shortly. Will start a new thread after that.

27. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Just saw this this am--Oh Rick sending good vet vibes & healing vines to dear Slashy!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.