1/12 Webber PMPS [251] +2 [293]

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by paige, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Webber AMPS [288] Increase Dose to 0.75U

Of course I am questioning my decision to go ahead and increase Webber's dose to 0.75U from 0.5U. However, 288 is still close to 300 and he did not seem to be reacting much to 0.5U. Am I trying to talk myself down?

I am going to go into work a little late so that I can get a +2 reading. As I have read lately, the +2 can give you an idea as to how the day will go?

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning, Paige & Webber!! Of course I am not advising..but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you two!!
    I have been told that +2 will generally say how the cycle is going.. if there is a big drop there..then don't want until +4 to BG, etc. but will let others comment! Whatever you decide to do, I know FDMB will help you make the right decision!! ;-)

4. Nicole & Baby

You might put that you have a QUESTION in your subject line.. I know you have to shoot soon... uggh..

5. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicole. I will be thinking of you too. Waiting to see how Baby's decrease will be overnight.

6. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/12 Webber AMPS [288] Increase Dose +2 [282]

Looking good Paige....... Webber stay in the yellows today!!

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Good luck with new dose! Don't be suprised if you don't see immediate results, you have to build an addition your shed first, it shouldn't take to long (it's just a small addition ;-) ) I hope you see some good things soon.

8. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Thank you Nicole and Monique. I will promist to try and be more patient this time. I hope Carolyn was not disappointed in me. :sad:

If we can just Webber out of the 300's I will be happy. And then we just slowly keep going from there.

One blessing of this whole mess if all of the support I have received from you all on this message board. It is heartwarming to find other people that love their kitties as much as I do. :YMHUG: Alot of other people just don't understand. And I can't forget how much I have learned!!! Amazing

9. Nicole & Baby

Are you going home on lunch to test Webber on his new dose?

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hehe, I was just think about it. I think I am. It doesn't hurt me any because it is my lunch break :D I will be leaving shortly.

11. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

Hi Paige,

I'm sure Carolyn won't be mad, Webber is doing well.
    The more data, the more comfortable you'll get.

Just one thing I picked up and made me chuckle-you put decrease, think you meant dosecrease? We say that whether it's an increase or decrease (as long as it's clear which, can get confusing sometimes)

Hoping you have a nice nummer from Webber :D

12. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Webber AMPS [288] +2 [282] +5 [192]

Kate - at this point I could have said anything, lol. I did a dose increase for a number decrease, haha.

We are in the blue now. I like these numbers so far, but Webber may not hold it....time and patience will tell.

Thank you ;-)

13. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

LOL I am not surprised to see you increase the dose, and I think it was a good time to do it, because we're not seeing a lot of movement. So I am definitely *not* disappointed in you, you had good reason, and good reasoning, so you did just fine.

However, don't take that to mean you can ratchet that dose in future situations before 8 cycles unless a seasoned member tells you it won't hurt, ok? :smile: If you jump the gun while the shed is still under construction, you can end up with a nasty overdose that doesn't look like overdose. You really don't want that. That said, I don't think 1/2u was gonna fill the shed in the next couple days... you definitely have room to increase with the lack of movement you had.

Worry less about the actual numbers, and more about how he's feeling, and what his cycles look like. It takes a bit of time for renal damage to set in, so spending a couple weeks in the pink/yellow while you get his dose figured out is not going to be a disaster. It's movement you're looking for, not necessarily high vs low numbers. You can't force lantus to work any faster than it does by increasing the dose, all you can do is push the entire curve, from start to finish, lower. Look for the patterns of the entire cycle dropping, don't get derailed by spreadsheet-envy :smile:

14. Nicole & Baby

Way to go Webber! Wow.. maybe this is his break thru dose!!

15. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

That's a great +5! Working toward the correct dose does take patience, but it will definitely be rewarded. And by the way, a LOT of us find it hard to be patient! :mrgreen:

16. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

and I meant to also say..

In this particular case, you've done such a stellar job getting numbers that you were what I would call "data ready" for an increase. A water buffalo could look at his SS and see room for increase. Thanks for making it easy! LOL

17. paige

paige Well-Known Member

((Carolyn)) thank you for making me feel better. And thank you for the good laugh...."a water buffalo". And movement was precisely what I was looking for. Not so muchthe colors and such, I feel like we are in for a long "sugar dance" with my Webber. I just wanted a little bit of a lower curve. Before there just did not seem to be any movement.

I will check in once I get home with his +11....or I might just wait one more hour for his PMPS.

Deep breath.....I feel better.

18. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Thank you Kathy and Nicole for cheering Webber on. We appreciate it as always.

19. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Webber AMPS [288] +2 [282] +5 [192] +10 [170]

Nice! The only day I ever saw him below 200 was when the vet shot 4U. Here is hoping that this little increase will stay slow & steady. I would love to see how he acts with his BG under 200. Maybe he will be more active :YMSIGH:

See you in LL for our PMPS.

20. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Paige,
    looks like you have lots of visitors and encouragement, that's great!
    You are going wonderful. It's normal to be a little hesitant and scared at first... we've all been there!
    Looks like Webber is having a fantastic day... that's great.
    Considering this is his 1st bloo (Not counting the vet day), it is likely that Webber's BG will bounce (meaning that it will go higher as the liver has a little panic attack because it hasn't seen 'normal' numbers in a while)... also... although lots can happen between now and your PMPS.... for your sake, test Webber 15 mins before PMPS to see what the number is like. At this point, if you need assistance from the people on the board, you'll have more time to get help and take a few breath.
    You are going wonderful!

21. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

ditto everything that Helene said, but I'm excited about these numbers! I hope he'll hold it til PMPS, but as Helene said, a bounce will probably come at some point so try not to be too disappointed when you see it. Yay!

22. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Webber +10 [170] PMPS [251

OMG!!! You two must be psychic, lol. He shot up from 170 to 251. How funny. He is eating now and I will give 0.75 in 10 minutes. Thank you for letting me know about this. I would have wondered "what happened?"

:RAHCAT

23. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/12 Webber +10 [170] PMPS [251]

Looks like you got yourself a case of rubber kitty.
    It's normal and it's part of liver training. We have to show the liver what normal numbers look like so it remembers and stops dumping sugar back into the system. If you look around at other SS, you'll see that it happens to everyone.
    Highish numbers may last up to 72 hours, so don't panic, you are going fine!

24. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Helene - you're telling me.

I am glad to hear though that it should come down after a while. Darn liver :-x

Goodnight all. I-)

25. Nicole & Baby

Overall.. a good day.. we saw some action for Baby Boy Webber! Yay.. good call on the dosecrease!
    You are becoming a pro in a matter of days!
    Good night to you too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.