1/12 Yum has her first blue (199) since Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJW, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Woohoo! I thought we would never see blue again!!!
    It's her first number under 200 since 12/26!!! I am so happy.
    Of course I need to lower my expectations.
    I guess now she will bounce and we won't see blue again for a week.....or a month...

She is due for a Lantus dose increase tomorrow, but maybe I should hold it. I almost increased her this morning, until she gave me a lovely pink.

2. Elizabeth B

Elizabeth B Member

CONGRATS!!!

MJW likes this.
  3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Woohoo!!! :woot::woot::woot: It’s like Christmas in February! ;)

Paws crossed for a short lived bounce, or no bounce at all!

Why is your auto feeder failing recently? Just curious because I have one too and I’m afraid of it not working properly. Is it a battery issue? Do you know what happened?

MJW and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

This must be the day that kitties are doing good stuff! Hope she doesn't bounce too badly for you.

MJW and Stacy & Asia like this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Woohoo - she's blue!
    [​IMG]

According to TR you would hold another couple of cycles before increases as it's the first blue. Might be a hint of more to come. :cool:

MJW and Stacy & Asia like this.
  6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Yay!!

MJW likes this.
  7. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

It means she didn't eat it. The food is sitting there exposed but uneaten. I think she doesn't notice it. I think she is a smart cat, but...
    It's the kind of feeder that has a lid that flips up. She has eaten from it, but not always.
    I tried putting her meals in it with the lid open during the day for training, but she seemed afraid of it. So next I taped a piece of paper to the lid. The paper extends out over the food dish at a distance from the feeder: when the lid flips up, the paper is pulled up and back and the food is exposed (several inches from the scary feeder, in her usual big dish). That has worked, but last night it did not. I put a bell toy on top of the lid, so it makes a noise when it opens. Argh. I need her to eat between our 11pm and 4:50 AM feedings, to ward off her gag vomiting (due I believe to CKD acid stomach). She is on 200mg SEB twice a day, which was enough for a while. I don't want to start Pepcid AC. Nor do I want to get up at 1am to feed her again. Tonight I will move it closer to her bed. Yes. All my brain cycles are devoted to Yum.
    I tried a big, noisy, circular, 5-tray feeder last summer. That was an even bigger failure, since the food would rotate away.
    Radcat is not smelly. I could put a piece of salmon in there and she would smell it. But then she might tear into it at 11pm. Sigh.
    I think they make feeders which can be programmed with a voice message. I want to avoid that if possible.
    Sorry for the long response. It is a frustrating problem.

8. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Definitely worth keeping up the day training. You seem to have got the « baby steps » approach. Could you do more active training when you aren’t there? Any treats you can use to help with that? Cats need many small repeated exposures

MJW likes this.
  9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm sorry she seems to be afraid of it. That's tricky with the smell thing. We have the rotating 5 tray feeder. Asia can't hear anymore, and she also eats non smelly Radcat, I don't know how she knows when it's food time, but her brain seems to be programmed to that thing. Moving it closer to her bed sounds like a good idea. Also, maybe you could get one of those automatic treat dispensers that spits out a treat on the floor at a certain time. Maybe some freeze dried chicken would do well enough to help with the acid? They seem smelly enough, I tried to put them in the auto feeder once and civvie Toki nearly chewed the feeder in half trying to get at them! I hope you figure something out. The struggle is real with the acid tummy stuff. I know feeding at +9 is not encouraged, but that's what I have to do so I don't wake up to that dreaded puking noise!

MJW likes this.
  10. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.