1/13 Gussie AMBG 71 better start, Whew

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-12-gussie-bad-morning-ambg-120-10-63.171235/
    Good Morning All
    AMBG 71:D
    Much more encouraging start today (ANTI JINX BIG TIME)
    Kind of funny it is Friday the 13th that gives us a start to smile about!:p
    I got up a few times during the nite to make sure he had food down...
    He had a good Gussie OTJ BG number AND he ate a little first thing! :):):):):)
    Not a lot but he did not walk away from it, I'll take it!
    He still looks uncomfortable and is moving gingerly when he lays down but eating a few bites is good...
    There was a decent poop at the foot of my bed :)eek:eek:_O thank goodness for laminate flooring) but I'm not sure who gifted me!:p Hoping it was Gussie...

Thank you all for your ongoing healing LL mojo, it truly is working and getting thru to Gussie....and it definitely is propping this Bean up when I stumble..:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Surf Safely Kitties, extra vetty vines going out to all the Kits headed to Vetty visits ( sending a few extra to @Doodles & Karen , hoping the cardio visit goes well), may all the news be good:bighug::bighug:and the travel safe..speaking of that sending extra safe travels vines, its nasty out there on too many roadways and travel, routes across much of the land! :bighug::bighug::bighug: ( earlier this week I saw a report that there was snow on the ground in 49 of the 50 US states, Florida being the only one without any!)
    (I think the problem with the term "Global Warming" is that it is a misnomer, sounds like one thing but means the opposite....it's hard for some folks to make that flip...if it's global warming it should mean temps are rising when the reverse is the scientific result...should have stuck with "climate change", more applicable/logical term to quick thoughts;)!)

Hoping for no-drama cycles..Gussie is there waiting for surf buddies on his board today..hoping y'all join him:cat::bighug:
    IMG_2914.JPG

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gussie is doing better this morning and eating for you. :D:D:D I hope he keeps improving. Sending prayers.

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  3. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Don't remind me, high of almost 80 today:(.

Keep up the appy Gussie! Glad to hear today is a better day for the orange boy! Like the surf pic, I can see them sending telepathic messages to the owner "you've got your pic, now get us off this thing"

At least you didn't step on the land mine, that is the worst!

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

So glad it's a better start for you and Gussie man today! I've probably missed some of the details in your post but when is his Ultra Sound? Thanks for the extra vetty vines, Doodles managed to get himself out of it for today. Always continuous vines, prayers and tons of :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy appy. Happy report. :D

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Much happier condo today. :D:joyful:

Did anyone ever give you the link to the EZHarness for fluids. Might make Gussie's experience easier for him. It allows them to walk around.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Reason for edit: typo
  7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

That is ingenious! Heck for ~$30 it would be worth a try. Got to remember that if I ever have to give Gizmo Sub-Q's.

Oh Les, YAY! Happy dance!! Whew - what a relief. Glad for the good appy too

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news about Gussie -
    your description of how he lays down - is he meat loafing, Les?

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay for a better start....prayers continue!

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

More vines on the way this Friday the 13th. May it be a lucky and good day for Gussie!

Hugs and scritches

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that Gussie is doing better today!

12. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

yeah for good Gussie days!!! keep eating for mama bean little man :bighug::bighug:

13. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Heaps and heaps of vines for you and your Gussie on this Friday❤️:bighug: Keep up with your fuds dear fellow❤️❤️:bighug::bighug:
    And tons more appy vines and good news vines for Gussie's u/s on Tuesday. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

14. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks guys for all the live and support and for the helpful posts these past days..all suggestions are always welcome, my brain is pretty addled at this point and some obvious things escape me.. I need all the ammo I can gather in this fight and in going in for the ultrasound on this coming Tuesday...

@Carol & Murphy yes, at times he is meatloafing, at others he is really gingerly lowering his body down and settling. It looks to me as if he really hurts in his gut and he's trying to jostle it as little as possible. Sometimes it looks like it must be spasming as I can see something and he exhales as if it hurts. Sometimes I wonder if it's not a bad case of constipation..then other times like tonight right now he looks pretty comfortable in a position that almost seems normal..will attach a picture of right now..

Hmm @jayla-n-Drevon , I had not thought of a chiropractor..as grouchy as he is im not sure that could be accomplished without full body padding on the chiropractors part, similarly why I have not tried acupuncture with him...and my guess is after the ultrasound he is really not going to trust the vets aren't out to hurt him with my help...I have to purrito him in a bed quilt just to trim his front toenails! He is sure I am out to do severe bodily harm...and he panics, badly..who knew one cat could produce such ear bleed producing sounds?

I will definitely ask to stay with him, thank you for suggesting that @Marje and Gracie ..and for giving me a good answer if they balk.:bighug:

I hope I was able thru this to keep sufficient calories in him, I can't swear that I was able to every day but hopefully enough days were successful to protect his liver..I guess the ultrasound will tell me if I succeeded or failed..

@Photorecon thanks for the food suggestions:bighug:, I have managed to get him back to the just raw and the FD chicken, while not luring him, it definitely is A preferred treat for the other two so it does not go to waste when Gussie refuses it..

Tonight he flat out refused to eat tho I knew he was hungry ( thank you Cypro), and it took me to just now to figure out what his trouble was. Finally I opened a brand new package of meat and he ate his whole meal. The first time in a very long time I can say he was part of the CPC. I don't know what was bothering him with the other package but he knew best and I'm fine with that. I still need to get more than one meal into him tonight so will be up and out to the fridge and back as many times as he wants tonight. I'm hoping it is a sleepless nite because that will mean he got enough calories.;)

Wow @Wendy&Neko , thank you for that link to the harness! Will have to check that out! Who knew such a thing existed! The wealth of knowledge here never ceases to amaze and inspire me:bighug::bighug:

Is Taurine something I can buy in the health food store? I need to add it to his food as Right now he will not eat his meat with anything mixed into it..I need to add the essentials but need to not put him off eating...and the all in one supplements I have all have a strong flavor...I have Platinum a Feline and the EZ Fur Life.

I am hoping this is something that can be fixed for him, and that if it can't that there is an answer to make him comfortable and pain free.
    I dream it's all better after a good enema...like I said, I dream that..pretty funny actually that I dream of cat enemas..def not something I share with anybody other than family here!

Thank you all, each and every one of you make such a difference:bighug::bighug:
    ....he is chewing his front toenails, that is a good sign..he is grooming..and now snoozing with a full belly for once
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    IMG_3637.JPG
    Hugs all, surf safely Kitties, work that juice, and be kind to your tired Beans:bighug:

Dyana and HWright like this.
  15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:bighug: I added taurine to my cat's food st times and they didn't know it was there. I ground it into powder.

16. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks! Is it something I should be able to find locally? Is there a too much dose? I don't want to poison him after all this!:nailbiting:
    Do I also need to add anything else right now?

17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I bought Taurine in capsules at the health food store. Can't remember now how much I added to the food, but they ate it.

I have the e-z harness, and it worked for me when Minka got restless. It was a so-so with Cinco, partly because he was such a big cat and the one I got was too small for him (because I got it for Minka). Definitely worth the investment, though.

Sending continuous appy and good tummy vines. Are you still giving the Bupe?

18. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi thanks Tricia
    Yes, he is getting everything..
    Zofran, Cypro and Bupe Topical twice a day religiously..
    Zenequin once a day, fluids every other day, B12 injection once a week..hope I'm not forgetting something..

19. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Marje might be able to help you with the amount of Taurine to add, if you post the question tomorrow. I know she's already turned in tonight. She's great with that sort of thing.

20. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks! Ordered some on Amazon, should arrive Monday..added some EZ complete and he's turned his delicate detector nose up at it..going to give him some plain again..gotta get the supplements back in there soon...

21. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Gussie! Quit being such a diva! :rolleyes:

22. Gussie's mom (GA)

Turning in...nite

23. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Nite . Sleep tight.

24. Gussie's mom (GA)

REALLY!!!!
    Sheesh, when he was diabetic none of that came into play,.he was Mikey, he'd eat everything!

25. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Careful. You're dating yourself. And me, since I knew exactly what you were referring to ! :confused:

26. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

tiffmaxee and HWright like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.