1/13 kit amps 180, +3 192,+5.5 115, +7 72,+8 88,+9.5 83

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JOJI and Kit, Jan 13, 2021.

1. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

previously on
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-39-5-5-102-6-128-7-119-8-115-9-5-114.241395/

day 1 on 4.25u

kit was busy in the wee hours, chasing fantasy prey under the stairs, playing soccer by herself, and stopping briefly to kiss the sharks.
    thankfully, she back came up in her usual style. tbh, since her pattern has been changing noticeably over the past month, i wasn't really sure i could count on that in the usual way. one thing i did notice, was that she only needed one hc bump and after the 2 hour "no food" window, she stayed flat. of course, being the lover (not) of drama, i gave her an insurance snack around +9.5 that she could have done nicely without, now that we see where she was this amps.

with this recent pattern shift in mind, we're looking at her snack distribution and making small (very small) adjustments to see if we can better support her with longer stretches in low numbers. any observations and insights are welcome. :bighug:

have a great day all,
    ^jw

Butters & Lyla and JaxBenji like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reducie. I'm glad Kit came back up for you. Good luck changing her feeding schedule.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon JOJI I hope Kit slides down safely and congrats on the reduction.
    Have a good day :bighug::cat:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  4. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the reducie. Enjoy the rest of your day JOJI

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  5. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Have you thought of feeding higher carb % LC to manipulate the curve? Ruby has become very predictable in her lack of sensitivity to carbs, and I feed her foods that have 8-10% carbs for her +2 or +3 meal if I see she's steady with or dropped from her preshot. Seems like Kit likes late cycle nadirs though, so perhaps the last scheduled mini meal could be a higher carb snack?

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  6. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Nice work team, Kit. And, what a lovely cycle today!

Good luck with the snack experiments and hope you all had a wonderful day :bighug:

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I think you could whittle that insurance snack down, even on a bounce breaking cycle. I'd try .15 - .25oz. That's usually what I give to Butters (@+10 though) who loves to drop toward the end of a cycle.
    I've got nothing, otherwise. Kit is a tricky one:bighug:

JOJI and Kit likes this.