1/13 Morris AMPS 257; PMPS 380; +1.5 385-dosecrease time?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2314&p=22120#p22120

Well, it is not the blue start to the day as it has been the previous 2 mornings, but I still like it! Since he has been nice & blue in the mornings & ugly pink in the evenings, I've been thinking that perhaps he has been bouncing a bit. Since I was able to get more checks in yesterday afternoon & discovered he was surfing in the pink, I was wondering where he would be today! Perhaps he has been dropping too low overnight, or heading too high during the afternoon, or both. Perhaps now he is going to start to settle a bit & have some more consistent readings. I have to have my dreams, don't I?!?!? LOL!!!

Last night, Morris ate all of his snacks! He seemed a little happier this morning as a result & wasn't crying when he heard us getting up. Hopefully this is the start of everything levelling off & the start of seeing wonderful numbers on his ss consistently!!

2. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Re: 1/13 Morris AMPS 257

You may want to ask for a dose increase, even if you just fatten up the 1.75...you've been on this dose for quite awhile and, while you saw some blue, it's been over a week since that one green. Just my opinion....if you want to, put it in your subject line to get others' opinions.

It's nice that Morris is eating well...wish my Morris would just eat a bite! :cry:

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/13 Morris AMPS 257 - dosecrease time?!?!

True.....doesn't hurt to ask others for their opinions!

Hope your Morris gets back on track soon!

4. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I ran over to Bosleys (a smaller pet food chain) on my lunch break as I just found out last night that they sell EVO & other brands talked about here that I thought were not available in Canada! I bought a few of cans of EVO for Morris to try and had a lovely chat with the supervisor there. She seemed impressed with my knowledge of cat nutrition! I bought 1 can each of 3 different flavors & I will test each flavor with Morris slowly over the next while & see what he thinks. It is more per can than what I am currently spending, but if he likes it & his numbers show improvement, then I am willing to pay that extra! I will probably continue with the Friskies as well, but I don't see why he can't have a little variety in his diet! Cats seem to tolerate that a lot better than dogs do!

I explained to her how I came to their store today....about my diabetic cat.....about learning so much about cat nutrition recently.....my sick dog.....and my lack of knowledge on dog nutrition. We discussed how dog nutrition isn't too much different than cat nutrition, although dogs can tolerate carbs/grains better than cats can, and that dogs tend to need dry food in their diet (along with plenty of fresh water).

By the time we finnished our discussion about my dog & all of her 'issues', she recommended a Canadian made dog food to me (Go! Natural). I purchased a small bag of it & we will see what Tanzee thinks.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Gwen,

let's see what feedback u get on ur dose by the ned of the night.

Usually a bedtime snack and a early morning snack help with the munchies at breakfast time.
    Ur using a timed feeder?

Have a good nite! Be a good boy Morris! :dizcat

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Double check the cans. There is regular EVO and EVO 95% -- the latter does ot have vegetable or fruit in it. The regular EVO chicken and turkey contains carrots, apples, peas, tomatoes, and cranberries. It also contains herring. The 95% doesn't contain any of those products.

As far as dose, I'd be very curious where your blue AMPS is coming from. It's looking like Morris may be getting some blues late in the PM cycle. Is there any way you can work in any more spot checks at night? I'm hoping someone with more experience will be by and make a suggestion.

7. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Yes, I did get the 95% varieites of EVO. I also purchased some cat nip that was sitting on the counter.....it didn't look anything like the other cat nip I have purchased in the past. The stuff I have purchased in the past also didn't do anything for Morris. It was quite entertaining this evening watching him go crazy for this stuff!!!! We sprinkled a bit of it on his scratching post & another 1 of his toys.....he doesn't normally play with either very much. This evening, however, he was having quite a lot of fun playing with these toys!!!!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Sounds like Morris was a happy kitty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.