1/13 Ruby PMPS 79/+2 73/+3 82/+4 76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday was our third consecutive day of Ruby poops! Longest poop streak on record. :)

We're bringing Ruby to the vet this morning to recheck that oddly high SDMA result (16) we received last month. Cross fingers and paws for us that it was a fluke. :cat:

Healing thoughts to all of the sick kitties and hugs to you beans who love them so. Have a great day, everyone!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vetty vines. I hope you get good results back.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope everything goes well. Sending positive vines!

4. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Good luck with the vet visit, hopefully you get great news :)

5. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed!

6. Katherine&Ruby

+3 = 70. Dropped fast since +2, concerned about not being able to test and feed for the next few hours while at the vet so fed her 9.7% LC.

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Crossing my fingers and Butters' paws, and sending many vetty vines!

8. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Congrats on the beautiful streak of poop :bighug:.

Fingers, toes, paws all crossed all is ok:).

I have been down the SDMA elevation with my Frasier & learned a lot about it from the nephrologist. Hopefully, they repeat all the other renal related labs because the SDMA lacks specificityo_O. It is not uncommon for there to be what looks like a concerning elevation, yet with repeat comprehensive renal labs & the SDMA value looked at within the context of the other renal lab values, the kidneys are holding steady:) or better than what the SDMA may appear to indicate.

There are many reasons for this, but the main take away is to make sure the vet is repeating & evaluating all the renal labs & the trends over time vs relying on one value, especially the SDMA value:rolleyes:. ...which hopefully they are!

I am attaching the IDEXX algorithm & info Re: interpretation in case it may be helpful/useful

https://www.idexx.com/en/veterinary/reference-laboratories/sdma/interpreting-your-sdma-results/

(Algorithm Printable): https://www.idexx.com/files/idexx-sdma-test-algorithm.pdf

9. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

sending vet vines :bighug:

10. Katherine&Ruby

We’re waiting in the car right now. Thanks for the algorithm, had familiarized myself with it when I got the first result. Now the vet Ruby normally sees is in an emergency and she’s going to have to see someone else so I have to start all over in explaining the situation. :rolleyes:Hopefully I’ll get a smart doctor who understands cats.

Tomlin likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Afternoon Katherine , I hope the vet visit goes well.
    Have a good day Katherine . :bighug::bighug::cat:

12. Katherine&Ruby

+7 = 150. Ruby's BG shot way up, and for good reason. Not only was she at the vet, already super stressful, but our car broke down in the middle of downtown Jersey City and we had to sit and wait for a tow truck to come, part of the time outside and it was cold. :arghh: Then we had an Uber ride home with a driver playing ABBA. :rolleyes::smuggrin: There was minimal yowling, thank goodness, but she arrived home, inspected every room to make sure nothing changed since she left, used the LB and is now eating up a storm.:cat:

Thankfully the vet who normally sees her was freed up and so he knew which tests she needed. Praying the SDMA result was an anomaly. Will know tonight/tomorrow AM. He was really happy to hear about our progress with her FD. :)

Tomlin likes this.
  13. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sorry about you car adventure but glad the vet went okay :bighug::bighug::bighug: Ruby will slide right back down :cat:

14. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Hope all comes back well :bighug:. Sorry about car & happy you got home safely albeit delayed :(

15. Katherine&Ruby

PMPS = 79. Interesting dive after the vet. Curious to know what's up your sleeve tonight, Miss Ruby.

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the car. I'm glad you made it home safely.

17. Katherine&Ruby

Maybe our little adventure today scared you, Ruby, but this is the kind of cycle we want to see, sweetheart! :cat::kiss:

18. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I'm showing Butters what a polite cycle looks like right now.

19. Katherine&Ruby

Ruby isn't always so polite. I carbed her up at +2 to keep her afloat, but she's a lot more predictable than Miss Butters.