1/15 Gussie AMBG 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-14-gussie-ambg-76-pmbg-87.171359/unread
    Morning All
    Squinty blue AMBG this morning 108:confused:
    But this bring Gussie I'm not too worried yet...
    He looks s bit more comfortable today, at least not obviously in excruciating pain.
    He has Zofran, cypro onboard and the cannabis homeowner prep instead of the Bupe..he's been sleeping. has not eaten so hoping that will come in a bit..after he gets up. Will give the metronidazole then. Want to let him rest.
    The civvies are all sleeping too so his behavior is in line with the rest of the household!
    Counting the hrs till Tuesdays ultrasound..

Vines going out to all dancing this dance:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Extra to Bron and Sheba, holding them very close at heart:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hang in there guys..:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Hoping it is a sweet no drama day in LL:bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  2. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Feel better Gussie, and eat your food :cat:

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope so, too! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope the cannabis helps, it's nice to have that as an option. I know it won't give him the munchies, but wouldn't that be awesome?!

5. Gussie's mom (GA)

Sure would!

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Sending more feel better vines to Gussie. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  7. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Amanda:bighug:

HWright likes this.
  8. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Sure hoping you find the magic formula for Gussie and he starts eating like a champ for you!!! :cat:

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Les, I am just getting caught up from yesterday. So glad nothing showed in the x ray and keeping good thoughts for the US . How wonderful that you have access to the cannabis for him . How much would you give a cat? Just checked with my son now about the appy part with the CBD; he has a medicinal cannabis card for his fibromyalgia which has debilitated him and he had to leave his Ph.D program in Ohio. He said that the CBD actually has the opposite effect with the appetite than THC does. But most CBD oil has some THC in it , as it is needed to help cross the blood brain barrier. But it would have to be a higher ratio of CBD / THC. He gets an oil from his dispensary that is 10/1 THC/CBD and it's enough to help with pain or digestive issues and plenty of the THC to help with appetite.

He said very very little for a cat as a rice grain size amount can rock him if he doesn't have food in his belly and can last 8 hours. And it makes him very hungry.

My son isn't just a patient that uses it, he has done research on it for his Neuroscience major. I sure hope it helps Gussie.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:thinking of you both... hoping its a good day today

11. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Good morning Leslie,

That's nice hearing there has not been any damage during the ride down, one enigma clarified.
    For food I really hope Gussie will resume eating normally. Having used cannabis in the past
    (during the week-end), I can tell you that it really help appetite. That's for the hole kit, thc and
    cbd split I don't know.

Hope the buzz will give Gussie some inspiration for food :bighug:

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gussie eats for you once he wakes up from his nap. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Starting to send good vetty vines for Tuesday's ultrasound! ...and appy vines, of course!

14. HWright

Most interesting the whole medical cannibis subject. Recently read about its effectiveness (the cbd form?) in treating epilepsy as well as for pain
    (Cbd or combo?).
    Hoping it helps Gussie feel better.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  15. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

16. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Hope Gussie is feeling a bit better tonite. Eat for mama sweetheart. Hang in there Les. :bighug:

17. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Did your vet put a needle in the end of Gussie's nose? I didn't see one there, but my acupuncture vet did that with Minka. We had to be sneaky about it, because if she saw it go in she'd shake it out, but if we could get it in without her realizing, she'd leave it. The vet said that was a prime spot for appy.

The vet we saw in the Integrative Medicine department at UCD talked about using cannabis as an alternative treatment for Sasha, but she crossed before we got around to that option. I hope it helps Gussie. Very interesting stuff from Bobbie, too. I have thought about asking to try it for my arthritis.

Sending loads of appy vines for Gussie, calming vines for your nerves, and many :bighug:s.

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Gussie, I bakes you some cimmamum brownies with a little Hash in them. Good, huh? :cool:
    Your pal,
    ~ Chef Rusty

Les, I'm glad Gussie is doing pretty well today and hope he will continue to feel better. Sending vines for the U/S on Tuesday.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

The cannabis I tried using (unsuccessfully) for Uncle's anxiety & depression after his brother died was in a powder form. It was said to contain less than .3% THC. Unfortunately it didn't help with his particular issue. I'm a huge proponent for the use of high %CBD (no pun intended) hemp oil for human aches and pains. I used it for "frozen shoulder" and it gave me a lot of pain relief.

20. Gussie's mom (GA)

HahahahHahahahahaha!!!
    Thank you!! I am howling with laughter!!
    New menu item for the full moon parties?!
    Too funny Chef Rusty!
    Gussie gave two paws up..tho he did raise them rather slowly...

HWright likes this.
  21. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi,
    Thanks for all the info!
    I am so sorry about your sons fibromyalgia, that is a tough one to manage:bighug::bighug:
    Here's what the label says: CBD concentrate 100mg #0.5
    I'm to give 2-3 drops twice a day. The people dose on the bottle says adult dose 15 drops. It's formulated with hemp oil extract and has hemp seed oil and coconut oil.
    The rest of the label is covered by my vets label..

I give three drops, probably more than a grain of rice but it has been effective from what I can tell for pain..he has been eating, grazing off and on, and looks more comfortable than he did. I did not give Bupe today, just the Cannibis for pain. I did not give Zofran or Cypro after this mornings dose.
    I am really lucky my vet is such a good homeo vet..I am much happier giving him the CBD than the Bupe ....fingers crossed it stays effective and we start moving forward in outrunning his pain:bighug:
    Hi, no! No needle in his nose:eek: that would have been fun to watch him try....somehow I don't think even sneaking would get Gussie to allow that! He'd need the oil with the thc for that to go down!:joyful:
    I will ask him about that spot! I don't recall GA Jett having one in his nose either!
    Sounds like it really helped Barbara..:bighug:

Haha I thought of that post of yours last summer Sebastien when the vet suggested the cannabis!

Thank you all, hoping this holds...
    Hugs all around, headed to bed..:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba and HWright like this.
  22. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Found a pic of Minka with the needle in her nose. Not her best photo ever...
    upload_2017-1-16_1-15-32.png

23. Gussie's mom (GA)

Wow! No I would definitely remember seeing that! She is gorgeous btw..
    Will ask him!

HWright likes this.
  24. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Thanks. We thought so. As I said, not her best photo. upload_2017-1-16_1-48-26.png
    That's better.

25. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

So glad the X-ray was OK Les

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  26. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug:Thank you:bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  27. Gussie's mom (GA)

wow Tricia, that is a beautiful photo of a beautiful cat!

HWright likes this.
  28. HWright

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:for you and Gussie and his ultrasound today:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.