1/16 Baby PMPS 232 +2 197 +5 187

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Good morning furbaby friends :smile:
    I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with their furbaby families!! I also hope I see Blue until PMPS # :mrgreen:

2. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221

Good morning,Nicole!
    You gonna see BLUE soon before PMps!
    You have a nice Saturday with Baby!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Good morning Nicole,

sunny yellow gonna go bluuuu no doubt :)

Looking forward to your next number
    Happy Saturday :coffee:

4. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Happy Caturday Nicole and skritches to Baby. Not a bad yeller numbah - Baby will be giving you some blues in no time. By the looks of this numbah it might just possibly be tonight at PMPS.

5. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221 +3 125

Bo & Jake, Ronnie & Luna, Lynee & Max ;-)
    Thank you for your words of encouragment & support!! Baby is looking good, just did our +3 :RAHCAT
    I plan to get a +6 & then will let her ears rest until PMPS, I LOVE this!! Makes my weekend even better!!!

6. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Looking very good!!! Have a great day......nice numbers you two. :thumbup

7. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Paige!!! :D

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

A very nice +3 there, Baby.
    Nicole, I hope you get your wish and see an all blue (or maybe touch in some greens) day, today. Enjoy!

9. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Glad to see that Baby is getting some action down in those blues. With any luck you might even see some green today. I was hoping for the same but I don't think it is likely today with a dose increase.

10. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Nicole,I know how You feel! Very happy for You!
    Sweet Baby,just go on and don't look it back.
    You have a nice and Happy Saturday!

11. Nicole & Baby

Aww, thanks everyone!! Baby & I sure appreicate you cheering us on!!

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

12. Ronnie & Luna

cat_pet_icon :RAHCAT cat_pet_icon good Baby kitty in pretty blue!

whoohoo!!

13. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Yeah - Baby's got blue!!!! Love to see this. Your doin great Nicole.

14. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221 +3 125 +6 88

Very happy!! We reached a green today :mrgreen:
    Is it safe to wait to test again a PMPS? I have been waiting around for the +6 & want to go run some errands!! ;-)
    I think I am going to just leave food out & maybe test +10, then go to the gym for a few hours, incase our PMPS # is low & I will be with her tonight...
    This looks to be working!! So glad I listened & held off a bit before a dosecrease (I was thinking of increasing a few days ago)
    Baby's shed may be working.... I hope so!! :RAHCAT

15. Ronnie & Luna

hey pretty good +6!!!
    Glad u waited to catch it.

16. Nicole & Baby

Me too Ronnie, thank you!!! :mrgreen:

17. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Very nice cycle for Baby. Based on the numbers I'm seeing on your ss, I think your safe to go ahead and leave some fudz out and do whatever errands you need to do. Can't wait to see your +10 numbah.

18. Nicole & Baby

Lynee and Max, I think so too, thank you for confirming... looking like we are being blessed with a beautiful cycle, glad it is the weekend & I am here to see ;-)

19. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

Very nice cycle for Baby!

20. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Very nice! Hope this is the start of many more good things!

21. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

WOW! this is great. Happy caturday. So glad you found the board. Wonderful things happen here as you already know. You are both doing great.

22. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221 +3 125 +6 88 +10 313

Yikes! Any idea what happened here? I just put food away & am going to the gym for a few hours, so I should get a good # for our PMPS here when I get home. I was shocked to see a # in the 300 range!

23. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221 +3 125 +6 88 +10 313 QUESTION

baby is lookin' good! i love his picture btw - very cute.

i am by no means an expert - but been there - get an 88, next thing i know my little guy is up in the 400's. things will settle down.

24. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/16 Baby AMPS 221 +3 125 +6 88 +10 313

Disclaimer:I am a newbie too, but this is what I have been told after something similar happened to Sami a few days back, not quite as low as Baby, but still a huge drop in numbers, this is basically what someone on this board told me.

Even though Baby may not have gone too low, she still might be experiencing a rebound effect because her body isn't use to those numbers.

Don't take it as gospel; I am just reciting what I was told.

25. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole
    Baby may be bouncing from the green.
    Could Baby have gotten into any dry food?

26. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

In all likelihood, Baby dropped from a 221 to an 88 which is a sizable drop. Baby's liver panicked and dumped glucose - hence a rebound. Welcome to liver training school (LTS)!

(Providing, as Miriam suggested, he didn't find chips, dip, pretzels, cookies, etc. to snack on.)

27. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby PMPS 232

Hi all, thanks for the feedback! It must be a rebound or Liver Training School :roll:

Baby does not eat "people" food & there is absolutely no dry in the house.. both her & her sister are on high protein/low carb.
    There is HC in canned foods incase we need it, but there is no food that Baby could get into. Ahh... atleast PMPS looks good, I suspect she will be back in Blue in a few hours!!

28. paige

paige Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone else has said today. You both are doing great. I guess that 88 got her body freaked out, huh? So glad it was a good day though. Yay Baby!

29. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Not a bad looking PMPS number for Baby. Just a little rebound Nicole - nothing to panic about. She came down for her PMPS so all's working okay. This happens alot on the board with other kitties.

Now Baby, let's do things nice and steady tonight. No more panicking your mommabean :D

30. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby PMPS 232 QUESTION

Paige! Thank you ;-)

Lynee and Max, thank you too! Any idea how long Liver Training School is? I understand her Baby body "freaking out" & then going high, just wondering if there is a length of time that sugar kitties see this? I realize ECID, just wasn't sure if there was a ballpark length of time, or if some livers just never allow the body to get steady good #s??

31. Ronnie & Luna

pretty much, ECID, and my non-scientific explanation...some are rabbits, some are turtles and some are snails :lol:
    I'm pretty sure you will get a more scientific explanation.

Hey doing a good job today by the way!! :D

32. Nicole & Baby

Ronnie & Luna you always make me smile :mrgreen:
    I don't want it.. but I can take a snails pace....... as long as there is a pace!! Hoping her liver is trained soon, now that the shed is full! I thought today looked good too... until that dang 300.. makes my SS look like a rainbow haha_smiley

33. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/16 Baby PMPS 232 +2 197 QUESTION

Baby has been eating the past hour, but am happy to see blue again.. this was our 5th Day, 10th cycle... not sure if she should be at .75

34. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

With the drop at PMPS +2, there is a chance Baby will see green again tonight. I'd get a +4 or +5 and see where she is at before making any decisions on an increase.

35. Nicole & Baby

Will do, thanks Cassandra!!

36. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/16 Baby PMPS 232 +2 197

All I can say is YAY!! :RAHCAT You are doing an awesome job Nicole.

37. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Paige. I don't think so though. Sometimes it seems Baby's shed is full & the next time it doesn't.

38. paige

paige Well-Known Member

But you are doing everything you can. They certainly don't follow the textbook right? I will be watching you and Baby tomorrow too.

39. Nicole & Baby

Thanks.. I am just in a tough spot as a newbie.. she drops then stays the same & so on.. I don't feel comfortable raising her dose.. but I dont feel comfortable staying the same... I wish I had an obvious answer like you.. I continue to pray about it & research & listen to all advice..

40. Cassandra and Sasha

Just the bounce from the green today still clearing. See what the AM cycle brings. I think you are fine to go up to 0.75u when you are ready - just keep testing like you do now and prepare for more green. :D

41. Nicole & Baby

Yay! Cassandra and Sasha :YMHUG:

I will see what the AM cycle brings & then consider a dosecrease of .75 ... maybe tomorrow's PM .. I get a little nervous because I go to tbp on Monday.. but am work from home Tuesday.. I still have the newbie fear.. of coming home to an unconcious kitty who went Hypo & I am too late to save her nailbite_smile

Does that fear ever go away :?: :?: :?:

42. Nicole & Baby

Yay! Cassandra and Sasha :YMHUG:

I will see what the AM cycle brings & then consider a dosecrease of .75 ... maybe tomorrow's PM .. I get a little nervous because I go to tbp on Monday.. but am work from home Tuesday.. I still have the newbie fear.. of coming home to an unconcious kitty who went Hypo & I am too late to save her nailbite_smile

Does that fear ever go away :?: :?: :?:

43. Cassandra and Sasha

We typically aim for nadirs in the 50 to 80 range. If you don't get those, then you raise the dose as per Tilly until you see them:

When the cat first begins to have daily nadirs in the normal range of a healthy cat (50 to 80 mg/dl) and spends significant amounts of time in this range each day, stop increasing the dose and switch to Phase 3.

You'll get the hang of it. You're doing great!

44. Nicole & Baby

Excellent information.. that I am sure I have read or needed to read...
    Thank you for making it very clear... am comfortable raising the dose to .75 in the AM, good night I-)

45. Cassandra and Sasha

It goes away once you see that Baby is perfectly capable of feeding herself when she feels herself dropping and that her chances of an actual clinical symptomatic hypo are very very slim. We work up to the doses we are on in a calculated manner, so it is very unlikely with the testing we do that the true working dose is too far off what we are giving at the moment (vs. shooting 5u as Rx by a vet with no rhyme or reason behind it).

I will never forget my first low number as a newbie, and it really wasn't even low - it was 60. Sasha was vomiting that day and I was forcing her to drink tuna juice mixed with Karo (wasn't on FDMB yet and didn't know about HC canned). It nearly peed myself I was so scared. She was fine, of course, minus the vomiting, but that is another story. ;-)

Then there was my first actual low number - something below 40 - and that was scary at the time, but fed her and monitored and all was well. In the last 2 years I have seen many 30's and 40's (and a few 20's) on both Lantus and PZI, and each time she was fine. We of course don't aim for those numbers, but they happen and we deal with them and move on. The best part is that there is always someone here to help you, or hold your hand, or tell you everything will be okay. And it will be. :smile:

46. paige

paige Well-Known Member

((((Nicole))))) hugs and purrs to you and Baby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.