1/16 Gussie AMBG 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-15-gussie-ambg-108.171414/
    Good Morning, Day, or Evening depending on your locale!
    Here we are starting our day
    AMBG 84:D
    No squinting required this morning :D, but some worrying needed still as his appy for food is still iffy at the moment. He did eat a +9 snack so I'm not going to hit the big-worry activation button for awhile.

I think I have become a CBD believer for pain relief for pets. I imagine just as Cannabis affects different people differently it might not work the same way across the feline species, but it has given Gussie better pain relief. He still obviously has discomfort but clearly not as acute. I'm grateful my vet thought of it.

(((Holding @Bron and Sheba close in gentle vines)))
    Sending surf safely Kitties vines out to one and all...may the slides be easy today and may the beans get a chance to smile:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Vetty vines going out to those headed to WhiteCoat land, and extra vines of encouragement to those who are struggling both veteran and newbie..it's not an easy dance but we gotta hang in there and keep two-stepping hard as that is some days:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Eat your fuds Kitties!

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Keep eating Gussie!! I am happy the CBD is helping him. When my mom was in really really bad shape, I was wishing cannabis was legal here.

I hope you have a good day Les.:bighug:

3. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks Amanda:bighug::bighug:
    You know if the thc is out of it I do not get why it should still not be legal, makes no sense..take out the alcohol then drinks are legal, I don't get the difference! o_O Dumb system..
    All I know is it has made Gussie more comfortable than the Bupe even could..
    Enjoy your day off Amanda! :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

:D I'm glad the CBD is helping Gussie. I hope he eats for you today. Sending prayers. :bighug:

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  5. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you Carla! Always so nice to see you here:bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  6. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

The DEA made cbd oils schedule I (no known medical benefit), at almost the same time the NIH filed a patent for it BECUASE they saw medical benefits. The bureaucracy can be quite confusing and illogical at times.
    If sounds like Gussie has seen some nice improvement on it. It is nice you are in an area where you can obtain it.

Now, Gussie, we've had this discussion, but fuds are good... keep eating even if you are just nibbling.

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hi Les..keeping you and sweet Gussie in thought and prayer:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Keeping you and Gussie in my thoughts and prayers, sending vines for a good US tomorrow.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

In much anticipation for the ultrasound tomorrow, Les.
    Did you get the CBD from the vet? Did the vet have to put Gus on a medical marijuana list? I'm kinda amazed you could get it, to tell the truth
    I don't think I could get that for Murphy, even in Chicago but I'll ask my vet - I'm very curious

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  10. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It's legal in CA. Sending lots of appy and feel better vines and prayers. Good luck at tomorrow's U/S. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

....and that you didn't need to get him a driver's license first or jump through some other crazy hoops. I am very glad though that it was available and that it is making a difference for him!

Gussie's mom (GA) and saltycat like this.
  12. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

Evening Leslie,

Living in California you have quite a good latitude :

State Jurisdiction :

Legal for Medical and recreational use :D
    Legal to carry up to 1oz. (28 grams) :D
    Legal to grow up to six plants for an individual :D (careful if you grow, these can become quite big and smelly !!!)

Do you plan to exceed these limits ? If not it should be fine, just careful on addiction :)
    Gussie might start to love you for different reason ! Nice to ear it's working !!!

:):):)

13. Gussie's mom (GA)

Too funny Sebastien!:bighug::joyful:
    Well here's the update..starting with I'm totally amazed the difference in him. He has not had Bupe or Zofran since yesterday morning. Just the CBD and The metronidazole. He is eating, grazing but that counts, obviously not in as much pain, letting me run my hand across his back and up his tail, bright eyed and on the roam reclaiming his favorite spots throughout the house, scratching on scratchers too... He is not favoring his belly as much and it looks less swollen. He feels soft and silky. He is in short feeling much better!

I would not have scheduled the US had he looked and acted like this last week. I'm paying for it either way so will still get it done as I need to have some answers if there are any to be found.:bookworm: Tho I truly hate to put him thru it:( ..thank you for the vines, we will carry them with us..might add some anti stress in there too! We are not out of the woods yet, he still has pain but we can see the Forest thru the trees at least! And that makes this a good day!:)
    .:bighug::cat::)

My vet is a great homeopathic vet and has always combined traditional and homeopathic medicines..we are lucky that this is legal here because it has made a BIG difference for Gussie in a very short amount of time. Who knew??

IMHO, It is worth asking the vets about..does not seem fair some can get it and others can not, people or animals...it's not like it can make him high...but it sure relieves his pain..maybe it's actually available more places if you ask for it..or online..other controlled substances are made available for pets, can't hurt to ask..:bighug: I'm thinking it would help pets with any painful ailment, like they prescribe it for people..arthritis, pain, nausea ( it's often RX for cancer patients), eye problems ( glaucoma), the list is pretty long..

Hugs all, going to spend some snuggle time with Gussie tonite and get stuff ready for the morning..thank you for your unwavering support for us:bighug::bighug:

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gussie is doing better. Sending vines for the ultrasound tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Vibes for tomorrow. Just don't let Gussie drive - just in case.

16. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Vines for the ultrasound tomorrow to not find anything life threatening for it to be a lot less stressful than you think, for both of you.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful news that the CBD is working!!! Now let's just get the appy better. Ask the vet about an oil with more THC in it for the appy part. Don't know if the vets have access to it or not. And as Kel said above, don't let Gussie drive, LOL. Too funny!!!!

18. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Historically, those under the influence of marijuana want to just sit on the sofa and watch TV and eat Cheetos. Just saying.....

19. Gussie's mom (GA)

I am laughing so hard envisioning Gussie sitting on the couch, zonked, and eating orange cheetos!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    I do have a kitty tv video.....:p
    IMG_3781.JPG

20. Gussie's mom (GA)

He's due for more meds, CBD and metronidazole but I hate to wake him...this is one relaxed kitty
    IMG_3786.JPG

21. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending lots of good wishes for tomorrow's U/S. So happy that Gussie is feeling much better. Pot is great stuff!

Hugs and scrithes,
    Eat yer fuds, Gussie!

Ella & Rusty

22. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly your son got it for you (well for Gussie)? Did your vet recommend it?

When Gizmo was going through his really bad pancreatitis flare and had quit eating and I thought he was going to die, I did some serious research on trying to locate something/anything related to cannabis. I did find a website that sold the oil without thc. I will have to go back and see if I saved the website. I wonder if I can get it here in Texas. I honestly don't know, but if you are saying it has made the big of a difference with the pain I am definitely going to try and find out.

How did you know how to give it to him? Quantity, frequency, etc.

23. LizzieInTexas

I love it when they cover their eye like that. It's like, if I can't see you, you can't see me. Haha.

24. LizzieInTexas

25. LizzieInTexas

Went back and found it - it was Bobbie's son from your 01/15 condo. Very interested in what you are giving and how you got it. :bighug:

26. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Awwwww....love when they sleep in that position. Much love, vines and prayers sent to you and sweet Gussie tonight and tomorrow :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I've only read about that...

28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Piling on tons of vines for the U/S tomorrow. Hoping you'll get the sense of relief from nothing to worry about. :bighug: He'll do so much better with you there. I held civie Theo's head, stroked his forehead and talked to him. Looking forward to the cute nekid belly pics!

Metronidazole made a big difference for my guy too. Since you started the CBD at the same time, it's hard to say which is producing those good results. Regardless, glad to see he's feeling better.

29. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

So glad Gussie (and you) are getting some relief. Will be thinking of you guys at your vet visit tomorrow and sending vineys for a smooth test.
    Is the CBD a certain brand? I have seen some CBD oils (no Rx needed) at some health food stores, and there is Canna Companion (also no Rx needed). A lot of people on the Facebook IBD page have used it https://cannacompanionusa.com/

30. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Further note, but I may not have this exactly right...I think that the story is that the two vets who run Canna Companion had created the Canna Pet product first and that their business partner (who is not a vet) stole the company out from under them, or something to that effect, and then they started the Canna Companion business. (I hope that I don't have that backwards.) But, the important part is that one would want to deal with the company currently operated by the two DVMs bcuz apparently they provide much better customer service and info on use because they are vets. I have wanted to try it for Taffy for a long time, but just have never gotten around to ordering.

31. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Canna Companion is the one with vets. Their customer service was great. They did a very thorough "intake" via email and checked back with me to see how Uncle was doing.

32. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Vines for tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

33. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Vetty vines for tomorrow's US, hope it's just a routine visit. Love the pic of Gussie "hiding" , so cute (always have a soft spot for big ginger boys)

34. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Love the pic. He definitely doesn't look the least bit uncomfortable. Cinco and Harvey were both good at getting into the most adorable sleeping positions. Covering their eyes has always been one of my favs.

Adding more appy vines and vetty vines for Gussie and some calming vines and lots of :bighug:s for Les. Whatever is helping Gus, I'm just glad something is! :woot:

35. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Adding :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you and Gussie and his U/S today :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

And a big yay for CBD in hemp oil!!! Inspired by you and Gussie, I've been looking, too, and wishing I'd known more about it sooner for Azalea and GA's Sootie and Bo. Maybe it will help Spunky's ear discomfort. There are quite a few cbd in hemp oil products out there....

so, Les..I'm chiming in with the others to learn what brand your HV prescribed!!

Don't know if it would have helped to prevent Azalea's enucleation but maybe the pain and glaucoma...;)..anyone remember "the Carpool Lane" episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm?;);)

Heaps of happy and hempy vines for today's u/s and vetty visit!❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

36. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi not quite right..
    Bobbie's son got it for fibromyalgia and did research on it.
    I got it for Gus from my vet. Had not even thought of it before he suggested it! He dispensed it to me.
    @HWright found a site that has pretty much what my vet RX. You might PM her.
    Headed out, gotta go, ultrasound travel time

HWright likes this.
  37. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thanks all, gotta run, will post new thread today..he threw a AMBG 112 this morning just to let me know he missed his +9 3am snack:confused:
    Might throw up first before I go..bbl

HWright likes this.
  38. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Maybe the cbd has an anti pukus component too. Crossing paws❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.