1/16 Mannie amps 241, ~ +2 363, ~ +5 390 food?, dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Caturday everyone!

10 days ago I bought new insulin - knew mine was old. Brought this in on a weekend when I could spot test, in the event there was significant number drop. which there was. we had blues, with some green surfs (yeah! :D :D ). I am just not certain if these drops are due to new product, or the results of RBC and some ugly reds, which we did have - and can we even know? Now we seem to be surfing stinkus pinkus, with a few yellows, one blue, but I am wondering if perhaps his dose is right? doesn't really look like the reduction has stuck. Should I bring him back up to 2.75 (currently on 2.50)?

I also find in noteworthy that for the past 3-4 days we have had a slight change in his appetite. he used to be what i could call ravenous - now he is more along the line of eating what he knows he needs, no more. never refuses, always wants to eat, just not ravenous. he now is fed several times a day - initially this was not the case (dummie me!), we have changed that in the past three weeks, maybe a bit longer. He seems to know when he needs to eat, and how much. I think we are OK here, but wondered what others thought.

thursday's condo (sorry! missed yesterday - no time) : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2628

WCR: happy, excited that the rains have stopped and he can go outside to gather a few rays. silly boy still purrs and cuddles at test time. he must know that i am trying to help him. :D

RECAP
    1/16 amps 241
    1/16 amps +1 342
    1/16 pmps 307
    1/16 pmps +2 307
    1/16 pmps + 7 175
    1/17 amps 241
    1/17 amps +2 363
    1/17 amps +6 390

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    gonna leave the dose question to the more experienced, but I will make a comment on your food comment.
    Your observation is correct! This will happen and it looks like it's happening to u guys.
    I always hear, smaller meals, snacks throughout the day so not to overload the pancreass.
    Him knowing when he wants to snack, especially on his own is very good news.

Good kitty Mannie! cat_pet_icon

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

HI!, and thanks for the confirmation! Much appreciated. phew!

agreed: good kitty! cat_pet_icon

4. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Ditto -- Mannie's a very good kitty to be eating a bit less, and knowing when to eat! I noticed that Chloe was less hungry (she too, never refuses food!) when her numbers started to improve. Very good sign for Mannie, indeed! cat_pet_icon

Wait for others with more experience on the dose, but I agree with you, I think you could go back up to 2.75.

Thanks for all the support, Michelle. I really appreciate it. Today seems to be a better day!

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Thanks Chris!

And very good to hear on Chloe. I could not stop thinking about her yesterday, and you and DH. It is sometimes is a very hard road. One I have been on just too many times to count. So - I am glad to read that today is better for her. I hope you can find the cause. perhaps, if there is improvement, then it was something she got into? or a meds issue? i dunno - certainly no expert here. I hope the best for all of you - back on that healthy road.

have a great caturday! enjoy your time with her. flip_cat

6. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I agree that it looks as though the reduction didn't hold. Happens sometimes - no worries. :smile: I'd take the dose back up to 2.75u and keep on testing.

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

ok sounds like a plan, back up to 2.75u, and keep on testing... i may hold off for a couple of days, to when i can be home to monitor more closely than i can on days when i work. darn job! :D

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gabby's dose bobbles up and down. I used to feel tremendously disappointed that I wasn't continuously decreasing her dose. Libby, and others, were great at reminding me that sometimes the dose has to go up before it comes down. That Mannie's food needs are leveling off is a wonderful sign that he's improving. Those are the kinds of things I try to keep in mind with Gabby, as well. I hope the increase does some good stuff!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Thanks, as do I. We have been at this for what seems like forever, though it really isn't. I keep reminding myself that patience is a pre-req, that good things come to those that wait, that sometimes we take three steps forward and two back, that progress is progress, no matter how long it takes. so.... we bobble up and down a bit, but when i think that just a few months ago we were at 3.5u, 4u at one point, and here we are at 2.75u - well no complaints. not really, and once again i shall put my impatience in check, and do the best that i can for my boy. :D

and yes - very glad about the food. nice that in some respects he can call the shots, that he knows.

increase in a few, and hopefully it will be good, does some good stuff - i rather liked those blue and green surfboards.... cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.