1/16 Max AMPS 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynee and Max, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Yesterday's thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2651

I forgot to post his spot check last night. He was 100 at PMPS and gave me a 72 at +3 so this definitely tells me it was because of skipping his normal mid-day snackus.

Woke up this morning to a beautiful green. Looks like another green surfin day (I had the best smiley picked out to insert here but can't figure out how to do it). Technology just isn't my forte.

WCR: really too early to give much of a report on Max since we just woke up. Will be back later for a spot check and can give a little more info at that time. Also, bean is just now getting up so am drinking lots and lots of cawfee to wake up.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Max!

Looking like a good day for him too :)

3. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Max is looking great!

for the smilie- if you have the URL for it just wrap it in [ img]http://your.url.here[ /img] (with out the space at the beginning)

4. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/16 Max AMPS 78 ~ 47 +3.5

Holy Chit!!! I haven't seen a numbah like this in a very very long time. I just fed him some fudz and will retest in 30 minutes to make sure he's climbing a little bit. Didn't give any HC - just his regular fudz.

5. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

You read my mind, I just saw your +3 # & wasnt surprised since the AMPS #, but as a newbie, was wondering what you do at this.. feed HC food? But I see you fed regular food & will retest.. I will be anxious to see how this goes today! ;-)

6. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Except for him going to low, Max is doing really really good! I guess he didn't want you to get too comfortable with those nice greens and didn't want to head up, so heading down...AND getting more fudz was probably the master plan.

Goo Max...but up up a tad and then surf your day away!

7. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/16 Max AMPS 78 ~ 47 +3.5 ~ 64 +4

He came back up nicely. Time for some surfin.

Nicole - I've learned not to stress over Max hitting a number in the 40's. He's on such a teeny tiny dose that a spoonful of his regular fudz normally brings him right back into a nice comfortable range.

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Yep--LC usually brings them up and keeps them surfing for the day--
    We call it Lather, Rinse, Repeat(for Nicole)--feed, wait a 1/2 hr, retest..till you get nice green like Max likes to do..
    Moonie says Max you are looking Good!! HUGGIES~!

9. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/16 Max PMPS 76

Lovin this new insulin on the new teeny weeny dose.

WCR: I laid down with Max around 1:00 CST to take a napus and we both just woke up. He was snuggled right up with me and purred himself to sleep. He is now enjoying his Purfectly Chicken & Duck. I fed the rest of the clan while Max got some skritches from DH. I started to walk into the bedroom with his meter in my hand and he took off like a shot and was waiting for me at his testing spot.

I will definitely get a +3 and a +5 on him tonight after his surprising 47 that he threw me today. But for any newbies reading this, Max is a well regulated kitty on 0.1u of insulin so a 47 fed with regular LC food is how we handle it and we don't stress over it at all.

10. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Re: 1/16 Max PMPS 76 ~ 70 +3

Nice green surfin day. Had to wake him up from his napus to get this test. He was none too pleased about it. But realized that all's good after he got poked and saw there were fudz on his plate :D Silly kitty.

I'm not going to bother with another spot check tonight since he stayed pretty flat between PMPS and now. If he were to drop it would have been at this number. He's now tearing down the bedroom door trying to get out so I guess I better let him out. Now's the time of the night that he usually puts his track gear on and starts his exercise regemine in the hallway and kitchen.

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

:D Just enjoyed reading Max's condo soooooo much today! Max is doing so well....how nice it was to go to sleep hearing that happy purr? My civvie Ali is the luv bug at bedtime and It really is relaxing to me to have her laying on my shoulder, purring in my ear...and I fall asleep so easily.
    Hope your nap was a good one, cuz by the way it sounds, Max will be keeping you guys up tonight with his shenanigans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.