1/16 Morris PMPS 117; +1 137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2704&p=26071#p26071

As promised, Morris & I had a lovely sleepover last night! LOL! Here are the results:

+2 373 - reading taken just before he ate his +2 snack
    +3 353 - then I attempted to sleep
    +6 313 - I heard him pee in the LB just after this test, I also noticed while I was up that he had not touched any of his +5 snack as yet, so I reminded him that food was there!
    +9 301 - he had been using me as his bed before we got up for this test, I guess he was too comfy & had not touched any of his +8 snack yet! He had a few bites of that just prior to me testing him. He then proceeded to stink up the room with another LB pressie!!!
    +11 322 - he is not amuzed with me poking him any more!
    AMPS 304 - as I was re-filling his timed feeder, I realized that he only ate about 1/2 of each of his snacks last night

We have been trying to decide the past few days if Morris needs a dosecrease or not. Any opinions/suggestions/advice?!?! Morris is scheduled to be going to the kennel for Valentine's weekend.....it would be nice to have a dose by then that is either a whole or half rather than a quarter.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/16 Morris AMPS 304 - pokefest results are in!

holy cow! did u sleep? lol
    good spotchecking last nite Gwen!!! This will help for sure!

Let's see what happens in the AM cycle and if u can post again for ur question k?

Have a good day and good job!!

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Amazing as it sounds, I must have gotten at least a little sleep!! LOL!! I did not hear his timed feeder open at +5 or +8 and I did not feel him climb on top of me when he thought I would be a good bed!

I will get a spot check done as I'm heading out the door for my morning mom duties & will post when I get home

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Hey I can relate to the kitty's bean bed haha_smiley and does Morris act all annoyed if you try to move? The nerve of you to disturb him! :eek: I try to 'negotiate' a different limb on which Shadoe can plop her 11lbs.

It's funny how we tune things out and they tune them in; it must have something to do with the sound having different meanings. If a sound meant my food was out, I'd listen for it too!

For sure a pokefest; now Morris will be pokeless while you are out.

5. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris AMPS 304; +1.5 272

I poked him a couple mins early so I would have time to post before I run out the door! LOL! When I get home, I will do another check & then I think I will have a NAP! I-)

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris AMPS 304; +6.5 43!!! ADVICE NEEDED PLS!!

Gren?!?! Where has this come from??? Just because I was so surprised, I gave him a 1/2 can low carb fancy feast. Will test him again soon! Should I be this stressed???? I also need to get my nap in!!

7. Ronnie & Luna

Calm down Gwen...post ur retest when u have it....and breath...lol

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No need to stress. Don't over feed. Get a test in 15 min. after the last one.

9. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris AMPS 304; +6.5 43; +6.75 47

Up a little bit! I don't think I am over feeding.....he didn't eat much of his snacks last night. Plus, I went for the low carb rather than high carb.

I think it is because I am VERY overtired & haven't see numbers this low in a VERY long time that I hit the panic button! We were thinking he needed more insulin & then he goes & gives me a number like that!

Do you think I can have my nap now?

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'd give him a check in 30 min. and if he's on the rise or surfing, it's nap time for you!!

I just didn't want you to give him so much food that if you needed HC he wouldn't be hungry. (I also tend to forget that some folks know the lather, rinse repeat routine when I hear that little bit of panic in their post.)

He knew you were planning a dosecrease!! Surprise!!!

11. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Thanks Sienne. I will check him again in a bit & let you know.

What do you think I should do about the dosecrease now?!?! I had pretty much convinced myself to go to 2.0u tonight.....actually, I almost gave him that this morning, but then thought I would hold out for other opinions.

12. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 1/16 Morris AMPS 304; +6.5 43; +6.75 47 - dose tonight??

can u get a +11 test Gwen?

Hopefully someone with dose experience will be on by then.

13. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris +6.5 43; +6.75 47; +7.25 54 - dose tonight??

He is surfing! YAY! Sleep time for me! I will do another check on him when I get up from my nap. I-) I-) I-)

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

awesome green! Looking forward to your next test. :D

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the dosecrease - new dose as per Tilly would be 1.5u.

What you are seeing today is rebound clearing from the PM cycle of 1/14. He was almost with 100% certainty green that cycle with that kind of drop by +2. When you see a drop like that so early in the cycle, you really do need to try and get another test in to see where it is heading.

Will be interesting to see what his PMPS is!

16. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris +6.5 43; +6.75 47; +7.25 54; +10 97

Even though I am getting the hang of some things in this FD world.....I am sure glad you guys are here to help me out!!!! I missed whatever caused Rebecca's advice giving//dose expert rant a couple weeks ago. I don't care.....I still like you guys instructing me on dosing.....whether it is called advice or otherwise.

The past few days, I was thinking the dosecrease was going to be to 2.0 NOT back to 1.5!!!! Thanks for the advice Cassandra!!!!

17. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/16 Morris +6.75 47; +7.25 54; +10 97; +11 121; PMPS 117

Did the dosecrease this evening! Hopefully we will continue to see nice numbers!

18. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I am hoping this is just a food spike! Been a long day today (& night last night!)......I am going to take a sleeping pill & head to bed now. See you all tomorrow!

19. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Holy moly!! What an exciting day for you...
    PMPS looks really good too :D
    And.. that could be a food spike or might be also heading into a little RB from those great numbers today.. Should know by next test..

Congrats on the dosecrease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.