1/16: Pablo's AMPS 240, +8 ~ 69!, PMPS 216

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Holly and Pablo, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

(No condo yesterday.)

HALLELUJAH! Finally blues and greens after 14 cycles of pinks and yellows (and 14 cycles on the new dose, 3.75u).

WCR: Has been on Clindamycin for almost three weeks after the dental and extractions. Started Cephalexin for his lumpy chin last week, and the irritation seemed to really decrease. However, having the Cephalexin added to the other antibiotic, petinic, Methyl B-12, and a probiotic mixed in his food finally got to be too much for him. Two days ago, he started leaving some food in his bowl, and he even had liquipoo yesterday. So instead of opening the capsule of Cephalexin and adding it to the food, I switched him to the liquid Cephalexin, mixed in the food of course, and he ate it all! :) I think he was rebelling because the Cephalexin really smells awful! If he leaves food, there is a serious problem!

I'm hoping the low numbers aren't a fluke. And though it was really early this morning when I drew up the dose, I don't think I accidentally gave him more than usual. I was pretty awake by that point. Hmmm. This was the first morning he didn't have Cephalexin in a week, so maybe that affected the BGs? I dunno what it is, but I like it!

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Hi Holly and Pablo!

Nice green today!
    Was thinking that you should amend your Subject line to say 'meds qs". Just in case someone can offer some enlightenment on your question.
    All I can offer at this point is.... AB sometimes = liquipoo = better get some fortiflora if you don't wanna be alone in your liquipoo fanclub :D
    I hope this helps a bit

3. Helene & Tizon

Also... on Jan 12 in the pm.... did you not shoot?

4. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Looking good! Congratulations!! :thumbup

5. Holly and Pablo

Holly and Pablo Member

ohmygod_smile No I shot the usual, I just suck at updating my SS lately! Since I figured out that my meter stores all my BGs for a MONTH, I haven't been in a rush to input the numbers. Since school started back, all I've been doing is going to class, to work, and to bed!

Oh, and he's on Proviable-DC, another probiotic that should work the same as Fortiflora. I just happened to have it at home, so I used it instead. That's why I was surprised to see the liquipoo...he's been on the probiotic the whole time! He's just trying to keep me on my toes! Wouldn't want to let momma bean have a few stress-free days every now and again... :roll:

6. Helene & Tizon

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

When do you end the clindamycin? I'm hoping it's soon so Pablo gets some relief from the liquipoo. Cassandra recommended a different, broader spectrum probiotic that you may want to consider. I used it for Gabby when she had a liquipoo problem. It's call Renew Ultimat and I found it in the refrigerated supplement section at Whole Foods.

Nice numbers this morning.

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Are you spacing out the ABs and the probiotics? Should have about 4 hours in between each administration.

I actually like the looks of the Proviable-DC much better than FortiFlora. At least the Proviable-DC has multiple strains of bacteria (and includes a bifido bacteria). Can go higher with the CFU count, though, which is why I really like the Ultimate Flora Critical Care so much. Some of the vet probiotic products just aren't potent enough, in my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.