1/16 Pearl AMPS 290, +1 332, +2 305, +3 323, +4 250, etc.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Jan 16, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is a result of the likely Pancreatitis flare, or the increase to 1.75U, but Pearl's numbers have been getting wonkier - within the same cycle. She is definitely seeing BLUE a lot more often, but her numbers are jumping between 200 points per cycle.

I had started to experiment with a little MC food to help find/correct her sudden dives. Maybe I should hold off until I see a clearer pattern on what is going on. Could someone look at the last 2 days in comparison to the rest of her chart and give me your input on what is going on?

Thanks!!

Link to yesterday's post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...144-didnt-catch-the-drop.241536/#post-2720004

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think she’s just bouncing from numbers she’s not used to plus the big drops. The more time spent in the blues the better she will handle them. She’s clearing them pretty quickly. Patience pants get passed around a lot. If her +1 is the same or lower than the preshot it’s a good idea to feed a little higher carbs than her usual lc to avoid a big drop. You are doing all you can think unless somebody else sees something that I don’t.

3. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks so much for your confirmation! I will focus on the +1 if same/lower I will continue to add in a couple tsps of the MC food to see if we can slow the dives.

I am so glad Pearl is clearing the bounces faster, those RED and PINK numbers really scare me.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

The same holds true with the +2 as for most that’s the onset of Lantus, when kick in. The highs from a bounce are to be expected, especially at the beginning. It’s the under 50’s that are the time to be extra cautious.

Margaret (and Pearl) likes this.
  5. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

You got an expected food bump today at +1 and Pearl doesn’t seem to be dropping too fast, so that’s good.

It sometimes takes a long time to help them get used to blues. You’ll get there :bighug:

6. thebigfuzz

Looks to be bouncing from last nights pretty blues as well.

7. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thanks for your encouragement. So, there is hope that as she gets used to the blues, she will stop bouncing around so much to high numbers?

8. thebigfuzz

Yes :bighug: There is always hope! It takes the amount of time it takes. Cosmo, for instance, is still working on it 6 months later :confused: He has a particularly panicky liver. But...getting better!