1/16 Skippy AMPS 153 + 4 157bv

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by skippy and birten, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Hi LL,

Have not posted since my parents are leaving for 5 months and I am running around for last minute planning. Sad that they are leaving and worried that Skippy will be by himself during the day. Bought a timed feeder and he is getting used to it. Want to try that since mom used to give him food on specific times than allowing him to free graze. This will help.

Went to the vet this morning. The vet that initially diagnosed Skippy and claimed that I was in human with taking frequent BGs' per day. But went back to her after the last two vets that I was not happy with. She was great in handling him. He got his dystemper through the nose. He was violent on the table but she had full control. She did say again "that Skippy will probably be a diabetic" for life since he has not gone into remission in 6 months. That was sad to hear but I looked her in the face and said. You handle all of Skippy's non-diabetic issues and I will handle his diabetic and we will get along real fine. I also told her that I hope I can prove her wrong.

His BG is great today and ate his food and treats after our visit.

Happy Caturday to all :mrgreen:

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Go get them. GOod for you. She does not know if he will be diabetic all his life. I have (had) a wonderful vet but he had no clue about diabetes. This place rocks and you are doing great. Hope your parents get off alright. Shortly, Skippy will be beating up the timed feeder to get to the wares. Have a good day. Continue your great care of Skippy.

3. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Birten!

So sad that they don't have a clue! Sometimes we just need to stick to the basics as there are so many vets that don't understand how it really works... I'm just glad that Skippy is happy and healthy! You do such a wonderful job in getting him where he needs to be.. And, it looks like he is definitely headed in the right direction.

I'm sorry that your parents are leaving.. Hope that time flys by and they will be back before you know it. Glad that you have a timed feeder. I love mine for in the wee hours of the AM and when my mom is not available...

Have a great Caturday Birten!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sounds like you did good at handling the vet, Birten. :smile:

As far as that myth about longer term diabetics not going OTJ, look around. We have Jasper and Tommy in countdown now, and it looks like Velcro is joining them. Of course there are no promises, but there is also no reason to give up.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Good for you for advocating for Skippy and I really, really hope you walk into your vets office, spreadsheet in hand, and prove her wrong!

6. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Good for you for standing up for yourself, Birten! I know how hard that can be, and you should be proud of yourself!

As far as him being diabetic for the rest of his life.......sigh. Anything can happen. So many kitties past the year mark have made it. Just keep doing the fantasitc job you are doing and who knows where it will lead. Regardless of what happens with that, you have a happy and healthy kitty, and that is what matters and shows what an awesome mommabean you are! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.