1/17 Latte PMPS- 176, +2-102, +5.25-93, +6.5-84, +7.25~76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

It looks like Latte ate a little kibble overnight, and drank some water! She is trying to eat some wet. She usually gets a slow start with it, so only time will tell. Since she has kept everything down in the last 24hrs, I will give a bit of cypro (appetite stim) *if* she does not pick it up in the next hr or so. Problem with the cypro is that it makes her drink more than she already does AND she gravitates toward the kibble - eating a lot of it.

No new medicine yet because I dont want her to get mad, shut down, or possibly vomit...at least not yet this a.m. Its suppose to be given every 12 hrs, but for now its just going to be given when it can be until we talk with dr. P.

Here is to hoping for a better day - filled with food, naps, and cuddles - for both of us.

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2806&p=27460#p27460

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291

Sending food-nap-cuddle-vines-and-vibes your way ((Carolyn))
    Hope ur day goes well. :)

3. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

I hope you get your wish today, and that Latte is turning the corner of what was making her miserable yesterday. Preshot was better than I expected!

Sending settled tummy, and good hunger vibes your way.

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I hope she has a much better day today!

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

You are doing so much for latte Carolyn...what a good Mama you are! ((Carolyn))
    Hope you have an uneventful day today....and that Latte feels better all day for you...

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, +2.5-209, +4.5- 143

+2.5-209
    +4.5- 143

She is STILL working on bfast...maybe up to 2/3 can wellness. We have been sleeping inbetween tests so I have not been conscious enough to hound her. After the last 36hrs, its good to take it slow, even if its not a lot of food. Who knows when she ate the kibble...could have been right before I woke up.

She has to be feeling better with these numbers, and a much slower drop than she is used to.

New medicine did not go as bad this time. I think I made it worse by squirting a bit of water in afterwards. Thats when she started to foam a bit this time. Maybe it will just take a little getting used to the taste?

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. One more med for her and then i think its back to bed for an hour.....see ya in a bit.

7. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Well now this brings a smile to my face! She's feeling better, eating, and her numbers are VASTLY improved, and you're both getting some much needed rest!!

Hope your Sunday continues to go as well as it has so far! You both deserve a break!

I think after my 9:00 am hockey game, I'll head off with a nap with my furballs as well! :smile:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I just read through your condo from yesterday and today. It's great to hear that Latte is having a much better day today. As for this being a 'home,' don't even try to leave. We will hunt you down. And, there's at least one other member here who really does know where you live. In for a penny; in for a pound.

9. deb and the boys

deb and the boys Member

We're checking on you guys throughout the day laptop_smiley so keep us posted :YMHUG:
    Cell is on :coffee:
    Deb, Hans and Sonny cat_pet_icon

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey, Sleeping Beauties.... :lol: How you be? so happy if you are resting and napping and purring...
    I keep stopping by to play, but well, let us know when you get up again!!! C ya! :YMHUG:

11. carolynandlatte

:mrgreen: Too funny! And so true...we were sleeping - all day (in between pokes). Why am I still sleepy? Might be the wine I put in the pasta sauce? drinking24
    Latte needed the sleep just as much as me. Yesterday she never really slept either. She was just laying there with her eyes half open all the time. She seemed to be sleeping hard everytime I looked over at her today.

She is doing pretty good. Definately improvements. She has batted at her feather a bit instead of letting it hit her in the face when I try to play :roll: , she has been out in the open a bit more, talking some, even went outside on the back porch for a couple minutes (nice day here in MN). AND - her numbers were much better!:
    +2.5- 209
    +4.5- 148
    +6ish- 144
    +8.25- 150
    +11- 142
    pmps- 176

She has some crusties in her eyes, which is always a sign she is not 100% up to par, still fairly mellow, and not eating great. She ate about 3/4 of a 3oz can this a.m. (took her 5hrs :shock: ), had a few kibble around +8, some treats (of course), and now dinner is becoming a struggle. I think pretty soon here I am going to attempt to give her a very small amount of cypro and see if that offers her some jump start. She has not had it for a while, so probably just a pinhead size. I dont want her overeating, either.

Courtesy of Redbox, I got a free movie rental tonight! :thumbup Other than that, we will be around to play! :dizcat

Thanks for checking in on us.

12. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, PMPS- 176

(((Carolyn)))

Yay...we're seeing some good stuff here today!!
    Much nicer numbers, shared nappies AND a free movie! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hope the magicmeds help!

13. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, PMPS- 176

That sounds much better - all around! YAY!

Enjoy your evening!

14. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, PMPS- 176, +2-102

Uhhhh...under the delicate circumstances, Im not sure I feel 100% comfortable if this continues going downward. And why? This is her pred cycle. Not sure what posessed me to get a +2 in the pm. Its not all that common or necessary.

I gave cypro about 1.5hrs ago. She is eating a little more just now...not sure what is provoking it...the drop or cypro. It was actually kind of hard to convince her to eat. Once she did, she did alright.

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, PMPS- 176, +2-102

eat for your mama, Latte! And then do some surfing, night surfing is fun.

16. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/17 Latte AMPS- 291, PMPS- 176, +2-102, +5.25-93

+3-109
    +5.25-93

So is the insulin matching the pred or does the pred give her another drop in the next 2hrs. That my friends, is the golden question!

What polar opposites from yesterday.

Her kibble bite is bigger than her mark....not as much gone as I thought..but some. She has finally finished her 3oz can of fancy feast.

She has not taken too kindly to me trying to nap between +3 and +5.

17. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/17 Latte PMPS- 176, +2-102, +5.25-93, +6.5-84

This is uncharted territory for pm cycle and Im not sure what to do - how much longer to stay up, when to test (every hr/every half hour).

Im not having much luck getting her to eat anymore. Ive tried 3 different flavors in the last 1 1/2 hrs. She is only interested in drinking her water.

18. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/17 Latte PMPS- 176, +2-102, +5.25-93, +6.5-84

She's surfing right now and it's past the midpoint of the cycle. I wouldn't worry too much about pushing food or testing as often. If you want to test one more time before bed to confirm she's in the same range then that's fine, otherwise I think you are safe to leave out whatever food is opened and grab some sleep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.