1/17 - Salem amps 411, pmps 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Camille and Cyclone, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2862 (Couldn't get on the forum earlier today.)

Sienne, you raise an interesting question about food. I make my own raw. The vet said I should try sticking to canned for a while since Salem may be prone to infection when his bgs are so high. I gave him a small amount tonight, though. Really haven't noticed any correlation and his numbers went up a day or two before I started raw again.

What a day! I was nervous about shooting full dose on that pm 100, but I did it. Will retest at +1. He seems a little antsy.

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good to see you, Camille!

Get some spot checks off of this PS... I'm questioning whether the last few dose increases were called for. The increase from 4.25 to 4.5 was done without any daytime spot checks (he could have easily gone green on 1/12 PM or 1/13 AM) and the increase from f4 to 4.25 was done shortly after he had a 67 and also a 100 that could have kept going down to green. The increase from 4 to f4 was also done without daytime checks (though I'm really glad you're getting night tests!). Any of these high PS numbers could be bounces so I would probably slow down some just to be sure.

3. Camille and Cyclone

pm +1 117, +2 108

Gave a few bites of LC with a couple bites of MC mixed in. Hoping for surfing.

Libby: I had quite a few daytime spot checks, and only saw two cycles in the last two weeks with good nadirs. If he runs lower in the daytime, I haven't seen any evidence of it. In my opinion slower dose increases would mean more insulin resistance and ultimately a higher dose needed to turn him around. And of course, if this 100 had been at a time when I couldn't monitor, I would have reduced dose to be safe.

4. Camille and Cyclone

pm +3 107, +4.5 132

His usual nadir and he's already on the way up after a nice surf on the usual LC snack and a few bites of MC. I hope this is a good sign!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.