1/17 Sara AMPS 161

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jan and Hep and sara (GA), Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning,

WCR Sara is doing great. She within minutes of me putting the bathroom rug back was sitting on it all proud of herself. I'll try to get a picture on later. I'm happy with this PS #, she was in the green last night. I have a problem with shooting those. The thing about the being data ready I don't get is that shes not always the same? confused_cat So how do you know shes going to react one way when its not always the same. Or does it eventually become pretty much the same as her liver gets used to the lower #'s.

She gets so low that I stay up and feed and test her sometimes. Is this the norm or does she eventually even out where she does'nt get that low? [she was 54] I have to get up very early 3 days a week and sometimes I can't because I was up so late.

Thanks,

Have a great rest of the weekend.

jan and sara

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2780
    yesterdays thread

2. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara AM +2 159

3. Greg and Carmelita (GA)

Greg and Carmelita (GA) Member

Re: 1/17 Sara AMPS 161 Question?

Hi Jan!

Look for broader patterns with Sara, rather than specifics. For instance, it looks like if her PMPS is around 200, she'll probably go green that night. (So... you can feed her a little extra against the curve, or mix in a tiny bit of HC so you can sleep). If she has a green AMPS, she's probably going up all day (so, less worry about shooting green in the morning.)

The ONLY thing that will get her liver used to the lower numbers is... the lower numbers! So, shooting green AMPS, letting her get lower, sort of stretching the comfort zone will eventually lead to flatter cycles. The more time she spends lower, the less her liver will respond-- shorter bounce, not so high bounce.

Basically... grit your teeth, hold the schedule and the dose, and let the numbers come to you.

Make sense?

4. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara AMPS 161 Question?

Morning Greg,

Thanks, yeah that helps out a lot, I just was'nt getting it. Her #'s are getting a lot better now, and thats why the questions come up. Because now I really have to know what I'm doing. Hope her liver gets used to those lower #' s soon.

I'm so glad shes responding so well though.

Thanks again for the advice. Nice to hear from you this morning.
    Hope Carm is feeling better after her surgery.

jan and sara

5. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara AM +4.5 233

6. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara AM +7 275

7. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara AM +11 254 PMPS 213

PM +2.5 142

8. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara PM +3 95

9. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/17 Sara PM +3 95

This is quite a drop in a half hour.......I think I would get a +3.5 just to make sure she is not dropping too low too fast.
    It is nice to see Sara so green. :mrgreen:

10. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara PM +4.5 53

Fed her a little HC will check at +5.
    Thanks Mirium :smile:

11. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Re: 1/17 Sara PM +5 69

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Sara LOVES the green, doesn't she? Very nice.

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Jan:

I agree that this is a drop from your PMPS number. I'm not sure why you would want to feed HC at this point, though. If you feed LC there's a good chance you will slow the drop and Sara will surf. At least the way I look at it, if you feed HC you abort the cycle because you bump up the numbers and lose the potential for Sara or earn a dose reduction. It also looked like Sara's numbers were on the way up without having to use HC. I really do understand the sleep issue -- I'm chronically sleep deprived from staying up with Gabby. I'd love to see Sara get the reduction!

Do you give snacks during the cycle? A little bit of LC food -- a tablespoon or two -- may help to slow these drops and keep Sara surfing. (Sorry if this is redundant 'cause you're already doing this.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.