1/18 Blackie

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

After a picture perfect curve on Saturday, Blackie has been throwing us curves. His morning bg's have been very high after fairly low evening bg's. This am he was at 344. We stuck with the 2.4 and it's coming down nicely. At +6 he was at 133. I'm going to test a couple more times before his pmps because I think he's going to have a late nadir again. I'm not sure what that will mean, but it will be good to know how late it is.

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

On 1/15 and 1/17 you had evening preshot numbers roughly equivalent to your mid-day values. Is that is what you are calling a late nadir? It's what we called hang time here on PZI and what the Lantus group re-christened as surfing. It's a very good thing, but it does mean that you need to get +1 and +2 tests. It would be good to know if he starts back up +13, 14 or where.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

I hadn't heard of hang time and yes, I was mostly calling this a late nadir. If you look at 1/14 though, the nadir was at +10 with a 53. And it was so late that we didn't shoot until +14. Could the hang time pm shot be followed by a high bg? I'm just wondering if that isn't a little rebound.

4. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

On 1/15, you had both a dose that was too high AND lost overlap, so it's virtually impossible to accurately attribute the 318 to rebound.

The challenge you have now is figuring out what to do with the hang time. If he's still dropping at +1, it could be causing a touch of rebound as an explanation for the ups and downs he's been having. With Lucy, I went back and forth between a dose of .8 and 1.0 for weeks until I got wise and tried .9--which turned out being just right.

I'm hoping that you can stick with the 2.4 for a couple of more days and it will start to give more consistency. The fact that it brought him down today is very good news.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

I agree that it's good news the 2.4 is still bringing him down when he's high. He's starting going back up now and his approximate nadir was +9 107. I say approximate, because it could have been lower at +10, but I didn't check until +10.5 and he was at 126 then. Thanks for all your help with this. It just shows that I still have a lot to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.