1/18, Boomer, I shot late today (overslept) - help

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Somehow I managerd to oversleep even tho I had my alarm clock on. I shot an hour late at 9:20. I need to leave my house tomorrow morning at 8:20-shout I shoot at 8:50 tonight.

Also - he's now on .4 yesterday and today. Seems like a better dose.

AMPS=119
    +3.25=144
    +5.5=101
    +6.5=91
    +8=75

Thoughts on when to shoot tonight?

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

at this tight range of numbers, it can be pretty tough to make up an hour. Let's see what the numbers are. It should be ok to shoot 1/2 hour early tonight, but shooting 1/2 hour early twice in a row might not work. If he doesn't give us higher numbers to help us out, it might be necessary to BCS one of the shots.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Typically, you should not adjust time by more than 15 min per cycle. So you could shoot at +11.75 both tonight and tomorrow AM. That won't make back all of the time but you'll be closer by 30 min. Will that work? You'll be back on your schedule by Wed.

Someone else may have a better alternative. Usually you don't want to move the shot too much earlier since an early shot is like a dose increase. Unfortunately, Boomer's numbers are too good to move the shot by a full hour (something you might be able to do if he was having a really ugly rebound). The only other way I can think to do this would be to skip tonight's shot but that will play havoc with his shed.

ETA: Libby and I posted at the same time. Listen to her!

4. Traci and Boomer

Thanks ladies, for the help. He's was 136 @ +10.25.
    So my new PMPS will be at +11.5?

5. Traci and Boomer

Re: 1/18, Boomer, PMPS=123

I gave him .4 at 9PM.
    I'll get a before-bed test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.